Is it too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baseballfan46

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed that many individuals have already submitted their applications, I was planning to take my mcat in September and receive my scores late that month or early October. Would it be too late to submit my applications at that time?

Members don't see this ad.

It is generally considered to be early or on-time prior to November for DO schools.

You’re fine.
Perfect I was going to submit once I got my scores. Thank you for helping with an anxiety attack lol

Members don't see this ad :)
You should apply now and add only 1 throw away school so your app gets verified and once you get your mcat score then add more schools.
Please elaborate on getting my application verified without a mcat score..

Please elaborate on getting my application verified without a mcat score..
It takes time for AACOMAS to verify your grades and transcripts. So, if you apply to a single school, your application will be verified by AACOMAS. So, right when your MCAT score is released, you can add the schools you wish to apply and your application will be sent immediately. The verification process can take up to a month. So, if you didn't get it verified, your application would actually not be sent until around a month after submitting.

Reactions: 1 user
It takes time for AACOMAS to verify your grades and transcripts. So, if you apply to a single school, your application will be verified by AACOMAS. So, right when your MCAT score is released, you can add the schools you wish to apply and your application will be sent immediately. The verification process can take up to a month. So, if you didn't get it verified, your application would actually not be sent until around a month after submitting.
Thank you!

Score high, work on your classes or ECs and come in strong and early next cycle.

Got my application verified, ACCOMAS calculated my overall gpa to be 3.6 along with a post bacc 4.0. How are my chances looking depending on my mcat score? Have been scoring around a 505 on full lengths.

Got my application verified, ACCOMAS calculated my overall gpa to be 3.6 along with a post bacc 4.0. How are my chances looking depending on my mcat score? Have been scoring around a 505 on full lengths.

I read the above, but I would like a little more information on how you got your application verified without an MCAT. Can you direct message me or I can message you?

I read the above, but I would like a little more information on how you got your application verified without an MCAT. Can you direct message me or I can message you?
So basically after you input all the information necessary along with sending your official transcripts, you pick a program (throwaway school) in which allows you to submit your application with a pending mcat score. This will verify your application, that way when you receive your scores you are able to submit to desired programs without waiting for the verification process.

So basically after you input all the information necessary along with sending your official transcripts, you pick a program (throwaway school) in which allows you to submit your application with a pending mcat score. This will verify your application, that way when you receive your scores you are able to submit to desired programs without waiting for the verification process.
So it did take a month to get your application verified?