Is it worth interviewing at Brown?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kimka83

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts? Isn't 90% or more of their class accepted through special programs like BA/MD etc? Should I even bother flying up there to interview?

P.S. When I applied, I hadn't done my research on how they filled their class.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm pretty sure brown just expanded its class size by 20% this year and those spots are all going to normal (non PhD) med students. so i would go ya. you'll be a part of history. or something cheesy like that.
-mota

omg. i just checked your mdapps...are you a real person?? and WHY would you apply to that many schools. i would wish you luck but you dont need it. good luck anyways.
-mota

Members don't see this ad :)
DaMota said:
omg. i just checked your mdapps...are you a real person?? and WHY would you apply to that many schools. i would wish you luck but you dont need it. good luck anyways.
-mota

:) Thanks. I am in fact a real person. I applied to that many schools because I was an august MCAT taker, and was advised to apply to as many schools as possible, and a wide range of schools, to take into account any possible score. In hindsight, I think that my premed advisor was kinda overdoing it when she told me I should apply to 30 schools, but hindsight is 20-20.

Kimka83 said:
Any thoughts? Isn't 90% or more of their class accepted through special programs like BA/MD etc? Should I even bother flying up there to interview?

P.S. When I applied, I hadn't done my research on how they filled their class.
Thanks!

Yipes! Really? BA/MD - aren't those students like really young?? Not that I'm knocking on them, it's just when I was fresh out of high school, I was..ahem, a bit of a *******. I can't believe knowing and dedicating to what you want to do that young!

I'm not that far into the apps process to even have personal experience to share, but if you were invited to interview, why the heck not? Even if they show preference to special program acceptees, perhaps you'll really impress them..?

Good luck!

I was in a 7 year BA/MD program, left it, but am still planning on matriculating into medical school after graduating in three years. I also got a Brown interview today, I scheduled it, but am hoping I hear from other schools until then. I wouldn't decline the interview until acceptances start coming just in case, even with your amazing stats. And you're right, I also wish I had done my research, I might not have applied there, but won't turn down the interview for now. Good luck!

by the way, Da Mota, did you see Borat host the MTV Europe music awards?