Is it worth the trouble applying to TCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocDO

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if it's worth the time and trouble applying to TCOM if I am an out-of-stater with average GPA? 3.4-3.45

Members don't see this ad.

FutureDocDO said:
Just wondering if it's worth the time and trouble applying to TCOM if I am an out-of-stater with average GPA? 3.4-3.45

Nope. It's hard enough to get in as an in-stater with that GPA unless you have an exceptional MCAT.

I agree w/ OSUdoc08, but that tuition sure is sweet if you are a TX resident. I would leave PCOM in a heartbeat for that deal. There are no cheap schools in PA not even the state schools. LECOM is the cheapest.

Members don't see this ad :)
To hell with 'em, OP. Im applying with a similar gpa. I dont see how anyhow could tell you to or not to apply based on GPA alone. Depends on MCAT, personal factors (family ties to texas?), etc. Besides, the apps pretty cheap & we all agree TCOM is a great school, why not give it a shot?

VUMD2be said:
To hell with 'em, OP. Im applying with a similar gpa. I dont see how anyhow could tell you to or not to apply based on GPA alone. Depends on MCAT, personal factors (family ties to texas?), etc. Besides, the apps pretty cheap & we all agree TCOM is a great school, why not give it a shot?

Thanks. I think I will go ahead and apply. It doesn't cost that much. I'll see you at the interview :) .