This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bme94

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

On one of the secondary applications I'm filling out, it's asking how we were introduced to osteopathic medicine and why it's a good fit for us. I talked about how my pre-health advisor encouraged me to look into osteopathic medicine based on my experiences prior to college (volunteering at nursing homes, working with children) and how I sought experiences in pediatric and emergency medicine. I then went on to discuss my interest in primary care as a whole, specifically family medicine and why. Is this okay? I really need some advice here. Thank you!
 
That's absolutely fine because you're using personal experiences. Just make sure to tie them back to the principles and practices of osteopathic medicine.
 
Any sensible response to that question would be fine as long as it's answered using personal experiences about how YOU learned about osteopathic medicine.