Is submitting in August too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nekrogg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How bad is sending your application in August? Say you get verified at the end of August and you finish your secondaries first week of september. How much less of a chance would you decrease your chance by versus say a person who submitted in June?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
nekrogg said:
you finish your secondaries first week of september.
dream on...

in4mant said:
dream on...

haha i figure if i take the secondary questions, i could to them while i wait. I also submitted july 12th but i might have to wait in line again cause of a stupid financial hold (no clue why its there). So i have a few secondaries right now

nekrogg said:
Say you get verified at the end of August and you finish your secondaries first week of september.
Are you applying to only one school?

notdeadyet said:
Are you applying to only one school?

no but i have recieved a few secondaries already and i plan to find the questions for the other ones. heres my story if your interested:

Well heres my situation, i submitted on july 12th and checked my status pretty much everyday. it said ready to review the whole time. And today, when everyone around me gets verified, of course something happens to me. My status instead chaged to financial hold. So i call amcas to see what the deal is and i discovered that my credit card has been declined (i have more than enough credit for the application fee). so now i am trying to find out whether i will have to wait another month to be verified or if i can still retain my spot in life. i dont know if they will have any sympathy for my case though cause apparently they sent me 3 emails. I didnt get any of them!!! I am very good with my email and check the spam bin daily. They said they sent an email today too, but i am SURE that i did not empty my spam bin today. Nor did i recieve any email. I did get emails from other people though so i know my email (gmail) is fine and functioning. I recieved several emails from amcas before also concerning my transcript, etc. before. What pisses me off is that they take till today to change my status when everyone else is getting verified. i really hope i do not have to wait in line again considering it could be detrimental to my application.

yea. so in the end, something went wrong (credit card/ email) and i get screwed. im trying to consider options atm.

nekrogg said:
i dont know if they will have any sympathy for my case though cause apparently they sent me 3 emails. I didnt get any of them!!!

Sounds like AMCAS got blocked. Check your blocked list!

DoctorNick83 said:
Sounds like AMCAS got blocked. Check your blocked list!

thanks for the advice! i have never tinkered with the spam blocks, etc. all the spam goes into my spam bin which i check everyday. i justl ooked over all the options and nothing is set for filters. i also have recieved amcas email in the past so this is just a very wierd occurance. Im setting up two email accounts and having all my emails copied to another one to see if something is wrong with my gmail account. other than that, ive never had a problem with it.

i called again and spoke to a more helpful person (cory, he rules) and he told me there may be a noted issue inside the system that someone put up when reviewing my file. my credit card should be fine, and now that i know its not the credit card i canceled, im definite that the credit card should have went through. i called them and there was not even a charge from amcas or any charge for that matter that was declined. the only viable issue that i can percieve is that i entered a wrong credit card. but i double checked it, and they wouldnt have accepted it through verisign if it was indeed wrong. i have no idea what happened. I also have no idea whats going on with my email (i recieve correspondence with other people daily though, and no one reported a missing email). seems like the stars have aligned to shoot down my app :(

nekrogg said:
thanks for the advice! i have never tinkered with the spam blocks, etc. all the spam goes into my spam bin which i check everyday. i justl ooked over all the options and nothing is set for filters. i also have recieved amcas email in the past so this is just a very wierd occurance. Im setting up two email accounts and having all my emails copied to another one to see if something is wrong with my gmail account. other than that, ive never had a problem with it.

i called again and spoke to a more helpful person (cory, he rules) and he told me there may be a noted issue inside the system that someone put up when reviewing my file. my credit card should be fine, and now that i know its not the credit card i canceled, im definite that the credit card should have went through. i called them and there was not even a charge from amcas or any charge for that matter that was declined. the only viable issue that i can percieve is that i entered a wrong credit card. but i double checked it, and they wouldnt have accepted it through verisign if it was indeed wrong. i have no idea what happened. I also have no idea whats going on with my email (i recieve correspondence with other people daily though, and no one reported a missing email). seems like the stars have aligned to shoot down my app :(

Hey -- I'm sorry to hear about all of this. This is probably not the issue, but might you have charged more on your credit card than your credit line?

as06 said:
Hey -- I'm sorry to hear about all of this. This is probably not the issue, but might you have charged more on your credit card than your credit line?

thanks for helping :) but i have more than double my app in credit on my card.