is the average GPA and DAT score inflated on http://www.predents.com/?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you agree that the scores on predent.com is inflated since most ppl who use it are keeners?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
the type of people who will argue for 1 point on a test.

it sure as hell seems like it to me

predental.com and on this forum.

thats where those of us with the 18's and 3.3's have to step up and keep this place real...:thumbup: problem is we only come here when (did I say we?) I am extremely bored and school is out of session for 4 days!

Id say so because its user reported. I would have to assume its mostly higher end students who don't mind showing off their stats and I'm gonna make the suggestion that applicants lower on the spectrum probably don't even know about websites like predents.com or sdn.net for that matter.

Would you agree that the scores on predent.com is inflated since most ppl who use it are keeners?

I think this is the exact reason. The students willing to scrounge the internet for a site like predents.com are also willing to study their asses off and get great grades/scores/volunteer hours. Not to say they're "keeners"; they're just providing a cross-section of the interested/hardworking.

I was thinking about this too...

For example for NYU, the GPA listed is 3.14 but most of the scores shown are nothing less than stellar only 2 or 3 people with GPA's around 3.0 the rest have 3.7~4.

Same for pacific....Although

it does show you what kind of DAT scores you need to get into dentistry if your GPA sucks. People with 3.0~3.2 needed all 20~25 across their dat to get in.

i agree, people who use predents are definitely canadians!