Is the programs Rank list deadline same as our?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stryke

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the deadline for rank lists the same for program directors as it is for us (ie feb 23rd).

if so, what is the best time to send letters to program directors stating how highly you will rank them?

Members don't see this ad.

I am not so sure about that, but I think it is probably around the same time. As per the letters of interest, I would do mine soonest as in a matter of 10-14 days( sorry to sound like prescribing an antiobiotic; i just couldn't resist.lol) The only caveat is that would PDs actually know whom is ranking them very highly this early. Any other takes on this?

Stryke said:
Is the deadline for rank lists the same for program directors as it is for us (ie feb 23rd).

if so, what is the best time to send letters to program directors stating how highly you will rank them?

let them know asap.

I'm at a pretty solid academic program from the midwest. I have heard from a resident that program leadership is meeting tomorrow (2/2) to start ranking. I have absolutely no idea if by the end of today tomorrow they will have their list done or if this is some kind of prelim meeting, but I'm getting the impression that programs would prefer to have their list done a couple of days before Feb 23 so it leaves time for some "fine tuning"