• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Is the programs Rank list deadline same as our?

Stryke

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2004
    Is the deadline for rank lists the same for program directors as it is for us (ie feb 23rd).

if so, what is the best time to send letters to program directors stating how highly you will rank them?

in4mthsMD

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jan 26, 2005
      I am not so sure about that, but I think it is probably around the same time. As per the letters of interest, I would do mine soonest as in a matter of 10-14 days( sorry to sound like prescribing an antiobiotic; i just couldn't resist.lol) The only caveat is that would PDs actually know whom is ranking them very highly this early. Any other takes on this?

lurkerboy

exhalted mystic ruler
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Dec 9, 2003
      1. Fellow [Any Field]
        Stryke said:
        Is the deadline for rank lists the same for program directors as it is for us (ie feb 23rd).

if so, what is the best time to send letters to program directors stating how highly you will rank them?

let them know asap.

Spoonman2332

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Aug 11, 2004
          I'm at a pretty solid academic program from the midwest. I have heard from a resident that program leadership is meeting tomorrow (2/2) to start ranking. I have absolutely no idea if by the end of today tomorrow they will have their list done or if this is some kind of prelim meeting, but I'm getting the impression that programs would prefer to have their list done a couple of days before Feb 23 so it leaves time for some "fine tuning"

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.