Is the waiting game getting to anyone lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

personalstatementsbyeric

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can't help but feel it since I submitted my application the first week of June lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Right here. It's hard to believe that the first round of acceptances will be going out in a little over 4.5 months!

The waiting game is getting to me.

Last edited:
Not going to lie, the waiting is miserable. Just try to relax as much as you can and stay busy. Refreshing your email/portals/rushing to check the mail everyday is tempting, but just makes things worse in my opinion.

What I found was really helpful was having someone I could complain to that knows what it's like. My brother went through this application process so I probably texted him everyday telling him how AADSAS needs to offer complimentary Xanax with every application.

Reactions: 1 users
Two words.-Pokemon.Go.

Reactions: 7 users
The waiting game hasn't even begun. Wait until you interview. That's even more fun.

Reactions: 5 users
Even pokemon go can't help^ when it rumbles when a pokemon appears I always think its an email :(.

Reactions: 1 user
Even pokemon go can't help^ when it rumbles when a pokemon appears I always think its an email :(.
What helped me was logging out of my email and only checking it once a day. Out of sight, out of mind. Go catch those pokemon ;)

I agree with the above folks, it's just the beginning. Many haven't even submitted apps yet.
It is incredibly stressful, but the best you can do is keep your mind off it and continue to do well in school.

It is incredibly stressful, but the best you can do is keep your mind off it and continue to do well in school.
...or work if you're a nontraditional applicant who's slaving away at a 9-to-5 ;)

Reactions: 2 users
...or work if you're a nontraditional applicant who's slaving away at a 9-to-5 ;)
...Or continue to strengthen your app for the following cycle if all you've got going on is a 9-5. Plenty of time for more shadowing, volunteering, and maybe even an upper level science or 2.
;);)

Members don't see this ad :)
...Or continue to strengthen your app for the following cycle if all you've got going on is a 9-5. Plenty of time for more shadowing, volunteering, and maybe even an upper level science or 2.
;);)
Exactly what I'm doing, no need to assume that I'm a naive mediocre applicant. I suppose the level of immaturity on SDN is enough reason to warrant that concern, but thanks anyway :)

Exactly what I'm doing, no need to assume that I'm a naive mediocre applicant. I suppose the level of immaturity on SDN is enough reason to warrant that concern, but thanks anyway :)
Lol chill dude. I don't know if you're a naive mediocre applicant or not.
Sounds like you know what you're doing. Best of luck.

Reactions: 2 users
this is just the beginning.

you will feel desperate, you will feel hopeless, you will feel lost.

and when you get into an expensive school, you feel worried sick looking at the interest on the upcoming loan.

Reactions: 3 users
I finally got in a couple weeks ago for last (this?) cycle and it was my first acceptance. So just a little over a year of waiting. I'd just sit back and relax...

Reactions: 6 users
If you think the waiting game is bad now... the anticipation for December 1st may kill you.

If you think the waiting game is bad now... the anticipation for December 1st may kill you.
I thought I was literally going to have a mental breakdown waiting for my first acceptance on Dec 1.

Reactions: 1 users