Is there a list somewhere of residencies who don't accept osteopathic graduates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bretonnia

Studley Man
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For example, the University of Utah doesn't accept DOs to their residencies.

Members don't see this ad.

Not completely true, It's specialty dependent . The U of U has a few FM residents who are DOs. But you are right in saying that Utah is generally not DO friendly which is odd considering how many Utahns are at my school.

One of the chiefs in the UofU IM program last year was a DO.

And their website specifically states that qualified DO's are welcome. They list something like a USMLE of 230 or so as a good starting place.

Perhaps you meant a list of places that won't accept DO's without a USMLE?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not completely true, It's specialty dependent . The U of U has a few FM residents who are DOs. But you are right in saying that Utah is generally not DO friendly which is odd considering how many Utahns are at my school.

What's strange is that southeast Idaho is extremely DO friendly. I know of DO general surgeons, seems, ENTs, GI docs, you name it.

Btw OP, to add to what has already been said, there are also DOs in Utah's Gas and PM&R programs. I think there are some in their Psych program as well. All traditionally DO friendly specialties, but it just goes to show it can be done.

i think so,. I think there are some in their Psych program as well. All traditionally DO friendly specialties, but it just goes to show it can be done.
b8em6w
b8em6w