Is there a reason 4 the step 1 marathonic exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

currentofinjury

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what's the objection in allowing people to take the step 1 in 2 days, and the rationale of the current excruciating one day test? Shouldn't it be like step 3?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you really want to take it over two days? What if you failed the first part? I'd want to just hide under my blankets and never come out again...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, what's the objection in allowing people to take the step 1 in 2 days, and the rationale of the current excruciating one day test? Shouldn't it be like step 3?

when you are on duty, you can't take hour long breaks either, it's part of the drill, you need to be able to make good decisions in an 8 hour shift.

Not to mention that, until about 2007 or 2008, most of us sat through an 8-hour MCAT too.

Do you really want to take it over two days? What if you failed the first part? I'd want to just hide under my blankets and never come out again...

^ this. Could you imagine doing poorly on the first day. Coming home at night, demoralized. Studying like mad, and then have to come back the next day to take it again?

Shutters at the thought.

^ this. Could you imagine doing poorly on the first day. Coming home at night, demoralized. Studying like mad, and then have to come back the next day to take it again?

Shutters at the thought.

Then you probably suck at tennis :p