Is there a sort of "Practicing Army Medicine For Dummies" guide anywhere?

Started by DrSambo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrSambo

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've recently started a new job as a civilian family medicine doc working in an army health clinic. While the "practicing medicine" thing is pretty familiar to me as I've been a doctor for many years, the "practicing Army medicine" thing is a bit bewildering. Lots and lots of unfamiliar acronyms, unfamiliarity with all the various nuances related to dealing with the Army's EMR, workflow, MEDPROS stuff, dealing with the HR/CPAC headaches, etc. If there is some sort of handbook or user guide to help walk a newbie through all this crap, can somebody point me toward it? If there isn't some sort of user friendly reference for newbies, there really should be.
 
I've recently started a new job as a civilian family medicine doc working in an army health clinic. While the "practicing medicine" thing is pretty familiar to me as I've been a doctor for many years, the "practicing Army medicine" thing is a bit bewildering. Lots and lots of unfamiliar acronyms, unfamiliarity with all the various nuances related to dealing with the Army's EMR, workflow, MEDPROS stuff, dealing with the HR/CPAC headaches, etc. If there is some sort of handbook or user guide to help walk a newbie through all this crap, can somebody point me toward it? If there isn't some sort of user friendly reference for newbies, there really should be.

Yeah, this forum.
 
I created one for the Navy, there might be some benefit to using it for the army, but probably not a whole lot.

Navyopmed.com Login required - Know Your Chit

It requires an account, then confirmation of your email before you'll get a system generated password sent to your. I will say though, if you were in the Navy it'll probably cover about 90% of what you'd need to know. It might say least show you the Navy equivalent of what you should know, so you know what questions to ask.