Is there any "list of known errors" for the prep books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zona Pellucida

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I have been lurking here for a few months and have yet to see a topic on this.

Is there any list of known errors for the various text books either by the companies themselves or students? I have just started my MCAT prep and am currently working through NOVA's physics book. It's a great book and after 5 Chapters there is only about 2 answers I simply cannot see how were found (it seems as if they were off by a decimal place?) or perhaps I am just personally making a continual error.

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I know Kaplan has a list, but I don't know if it's available to students. You should call up and ask your Kaplan office. I'm pretty sure EK has a list up on its forums. Too bad I also recall the access to said forums not being free.

How ridiculous.

We pay hundreds of dollars for all these books and the authors cannot simply release what wrong information we paid for?

Awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Physics - NOVA
Gen Chem and Organic - BR
VR and Bio - EK

I'm only working through NOVA now though as I will be getting the others on Christmas. Plus I hate Physics so I figured I'd just do it now and star the areas I need to go back to as May 28th approaches.

I just found an error in TBR Gen Chem, in case anyone wants to make this thread the default error thread. On page 8 in the second book (gases), it says that volume is inversely proportional to moles. I'm pretty sure that should be directly proportional. You can see the error from the equation just below it, but I figured I'd mention it in case someone doesn't know.

I know Kaplan has a list, but I don't know if it's available to students. You should call up and ask your Kaplan office. I'm pretty sure EK has a list up on its forums. Too bad I also recall the access to said forums not being free.
when I found out you had to pay to see the forums I got really pissed off.

You must pay to see the errors in our books!!!

Thats freaking ******ed:mad: