Is this courseload too difficult/too much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bergamasque

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Analytical Chemistry (4) (Difficulty 5/5)
Immunology (4) (Difficulty 4/5) "As hard as Biochem" -Some premed
Physics II: EM (4) (Difficulty 5/5)
Biochem Lab (2)
Organic Lab (2)

Is this too hard? Should I make it easier? I am very interested in all of these classes, but I don't want to overextend myself. If I drop one, 12 credits might be too few as one class is 4 cr. in my school.

Members don't see this ad.

How much work are the labs? Sometimes the lab is literally just showing up once a week for 3 hours & turning in a short group lab report, but if it's a really involved lab you might want to reconsider, especially since they are both not directly tied to the classes you've got.

Are you working or just a student, and are you good at math naturally? Have you checked out the professors on Ratemyprofessor to see how their classes are reviewed?

Personally, physics-esque math & calculus is a sticky trudge for me, so I would save the physics or analytic chem course for next semester. But that's just me.

Reactions: 1 users
It seems doable. It’s 3 science lectures and 2 science labs. But it really depends on the professors. Regardless, you need to make sure you’re on top of your work and with the content.

If I could change anything tho I’d maybe switch out a science for a humanities. Just to balance out the content. I always found humanities to be a nice refresher.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Biochem Lab (2)
Organic Lab (2)

Is this too hard? Should I make it easier? I am very interested in all of these classes, but I don't want to overextend myself. If I drop one, 12 credits might be too few as one class is 4 cr. in my school.
Only you can answer this. Me personally, I'd not take Analytical Chem at all costs.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
@Goro Thanks, do you think I should drop Analytical Chem or replace it? 12 credits gives me the highest chance of getting a 4.0, but I am worried ADCOMS will see 3 classes and go "yeah, well that's why he got a 4.0"

@Goro Thanks, do you think I should drop Analytical Chem or replace it? 12 credits gives me the highest chance of getting a 4.0, but I am worried ADCOMS will see 3 classes and go "yeah, well that's why he got a 4.0"
Replace with with something more manageable, and hopefully interested to you as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Biochem Lab (2)
Organic Lab (2)

Immunology at my undergrad involved a ton of memorization. It wasn’t extremely hard but very very time consuming. Is there a reason you’re taking so many science classes in one term? Can you take a humanities prereq instead?

@StanleyYelnats I took the advice of Goro and other SDNers and went with a (easy) language instead of the Analytical Chem. I was trying to graduate early, but GPA is more important. I appreciate the advice.

Reactions: 1 user