Is this Late?? AMCAS Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McatGuy22

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I wanted to know but if I had everything completed and schools received everything (MCAT scores, transcripts, secondaries, etc) by end of September, early October....does this place me in the late/average (??) end of the rolling admissions application process? Hope people can let me know. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

IMHO, i personally think that will be late. unless you are a stellar applicant, i think this may hurt any applicant severely. but again, just my opinion

Hey everyone,

I wanted to know but if I had everything completed and schools received everything (MCAT scores, transcripts, secondaries, etc) by end of September, early October....does this place me in the late/average (??) end of the rolling admissions application process? Hope people can let me know. Thanks

Your chances obviously decrease as the cycle progresses. If you apply that "late" you may want to be more strategic by having more "safeties and applying even more widely" depending on ur stats. How late depends on the school's deadline. Check out this link

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2010deadlines.htm

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi McatGuy22,

Yes it would be late for rolling admissions schools. In general:

Complete by end of July: Early.
Complete by end of August: Middle.
Complete by end of September: Late.

Hi McatGuy22,

Really? I just sent in my primaries this past thursday.

I actually thought that each was moved up,

June-July: Early
July-August: Middle
August-September: Late

Hi McatGuy22,

It's august 31, 1130pm. Do you know where YOUR secondaries are? :cool:

This may be a dumb question but do schools know you've applied to them, and are they able to see your application, before you're verified? I've submitted my primary and everything is in but I'm just waiting for verification. Judging from last year's verification thread I'm guessing I'll be verified in mid to late August. Could I expect to hear something from any of these schools prior to official verification?

This may be a dumb question but do schools know you've applied to them, and are they able to see your application, before you're verified? I've submitted my primary and everything is in but I'm just waiting for verification. Judging from last year's verification thread I'm guessing I'll be verified in mid to late August. Could I expect to hear something from any of these schools prior to official verification?

Yes, they know before you are verified. Some schools will send you secondaries even before you are verified.

Really? I just sent in my primaries this past thursday.

I actually thought that each was moved up,

June-July: Early
July-August: Middle
August-September: Late

So its not too late to submit the primaries at the end of August?