Is this legit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused2626

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.eduers.com/Medical/

Click on state/then click on medical school.

This is the only website I have found that gives data on how many acceptances they give after an interview (although 2007 data).

I assume this can't be made up, right? Don't know what the motive of making stuff up would be. Does anybody have information like this for more recent years (like 2008...2009 probably wouldnt be out)

Members don't see this ad.

I guess what makes me really curious is how they come up with Texas data.

As an example, I find it hard to believe UTMB sent out 532 acceptances when they explicitly state that they don't rely on the Pre-Match. For schools that use mostly the match, the number of acceptances should much more closely mirror the number enrolled...right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess what makes me really curious is how they come up with Texas data.

As an example, I find it hard to believe UTMB sent out 532 acceptances when they explicitly state that they don't rely on the Pre-Match. For schools that use mostly the match, the number of acceptances should much more closely mirror the number enrolled...right?

UTMB is fudging there; I suspect they mean that some non-zero number of offers will be made through the match process, but I and many others definitely got pre-match offers last year. To my knowledge, UT-Houston is the only Texas school that REALLY saves up a lot of its spots for the match, and maybe to a lesser extent UTHSCSA and Tech-Lubbock.

I don't see what you guys are talking about... I don't see where it says "# of applicants accepted 2007."

I don't see what you guys are talking about... I don't see where it says "# of applicants accepted 2007."

Me neither.. Please show us where you guys see this DATA.

Some schools don't have that data, so I assume they're getting the data from somewhere else. If this is legit, it is getting a bookmark

Click on the state, click on the school-you'll find the info

The OP said after interviews. I suppose I wanted to see the amount of interviewees and of those interviewed the amount accepted. :rolleyes:

The OP said after interviews. I suppose I wanted to see the amount of interviewees and of those interviewed the amount accepted. :rolleyes:

Example data from one of the schools:

11324 applied, 1011 interviewed, 489 were accepted, 168 enrolled

In medical school apps, I'm pretty sure you only get accepted if you interviewed. So we have ~48% acceptance post-interview here, no?

Yeah, like I said-click on the school name. That data is on there right above the MCAT info

I see it now... I don't think it's legit. There are discrepancies between their numbers and MSAR numbers (3000 more people applied in 2008 than 2007 at UCLA?)

And check this out:
http://www.eduers.com/Medical/Pennsylvania/University_of_Pennsylvania_School_of_Medicine.html

I'm pretty sure UPenn doesn't have a 32% out of state acceptance rate lol. Maybe they just mixed up the # of applicants of instate and out of state, but either way, I don't trust this site.

I see it now... I don't think it's legit. There are discrepancies between their numbers and MSAR numbers (3000 more people applied in 2008 than 2007 at UCLA?)

And check this out:
http://www.eduers.com/Medical/Pennsylvania/University_of_Pennsylvania_School_of_Medicine.html

I'm pretty sure UPenn doesn't have a 32% out of state acceptance rate lol. Maybe they just mixed up the # of applicants of instate and out of state, but either way, I don't trust this site.

Lol, good catch with UPenn! (you have a typo..its 132% acceptance rate)

Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to break down and buy a US News online access.

Some of the numbers for some of the schools I checked are WAY off...I would not trust this site.

If this data is really that important to you, your best source is the school itself.

Honestly - apply broadly, go to as many interviews as you can stand (or afford), and there is not much more you can do about it. Getting buried in admissions data, especially suspicious data, is a real waste of time.