Is this worth the money...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TO MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi

Im looking at the MSAR book, and I'm really surprised at how high the MCAT medians are in most schools. I thought the GPA median was around 25-27, but it says 32 (i think this number may refer to matriculated applicants?)

Anyways, is it worth applying to schools that has an MCAT score not within 10-90 percentile? What about each subsection? (i.e. i have a 9VR but Columbia has a bottom 10 percentile as 10VR)

Also, I am a Canadian. I have 3.94 cGPA ~3.93 sGPA (but not verified yet) and I have 31R MCAT with 9VR 10PS 12BS and R writing... I also took the mcat last year and got 25R... with 6VR.

What do you guys think? Do I have a chance at any IVY schools? Thanks!
why the preoccupation with an ivy

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't apply to Columbia.

I would find schools that have accepted students with an 8/9 in verbal. If the school doesn't accept below a 9, you would barely be cutting it... so I hope you have stand out ECs.

You are at the lower end of getting into Ivy leagues schools with your MCAT but you will never know if you could get in, unless you apply.