Is transferring twice going to hurt me badly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigvoluptuousdaddy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! So I am currently a freshmen student at a school (top-tier liberal arts college) that I dislike. I realize that this college is much too expensive (I will be in ~105k debt when I graduate), and I wish to be closer to my ill mother. I wish to transfer out, after my first semester, to a community college, which has guaranteed admission to my instate flagship. Will this hurt me in medical school admission?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

What’s done is done. Very sorry to hear of your situation.

It may raise some eyebrows to see you transfer from a 4 year to a 2 year institution, but I think you have a good reason to do so. If you articulate this I think it will be okay.

More important is to take care of what you need to while protecting your GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Do you think getting good grades when I transfer to my state flagship (U-va) and doing well on the MCAT will ease any concerns?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! So I am currently a freshmen student at a school (top-tier liberal arts college) that I dislike. I realize that this college is much too expensive (I will be in ~105k debt when I graduate), and I wish to be closer to my ill mother. I wish to transfer out, after my first semester, to a community college, which has guaranteed admission to my instate flagship. Will this hurt me in medical school admission?

Thank you so much!
No. Next question

Reactions: 2 users
I think anything you can do to showcase your academic ability will help you, regardless of your individual situation. Just work hard and you’ll get yourself there

You guys, I know you're trying to spare his feelings, but lying ain't nice. OP, I'm afraid I have to be the one to say it:

1175.jpg

Just kidding. You're fine.

I had a very similar situation. I've had a pretty good application cycle and it only briefly came up at one interview. Keep your grades up and it probably wouldn't be an issue.

Thank you so much!
it will not hurt.

Can you skip the CC and transfer directly to your state flagship?