Its Official, WAGS has begun laying off!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why did you guys start to talk about computers and gases???? Stay on the topic please, no point of creating this topic and just talking about random stuffs.

It was bound to happen sooner or later...things have a habit of doing that around here.

Members don't see this ad.

It was bound to happen sooner or later...things have a habit of doing that around here.

yes...that seems to be the norm here. almost all the other threads that are long enough are totally off topic by the end of the second page...

Why did you guys start to talk about computers and gases???? Stay on the topic please, no point of creating this topic and just talking about random stuffs.

You're welcome to contribute to the original topic.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes...that seems to be the norm here. almost all the other threads that are long enough are totally off topic by the end of the second page...

You too are welcome to contribute to the originial topic.

You too are welcome to contribute to the originial topic.

haha...I would if I knew more about walgreens' plan...unfortunately I don't work for walgreens and all my friends who work for walgreens as students are signed up for pharmacist already...although i do hear that walgreens is on a hiring freeze here, just like all the other chains/grocery stores/mass merchandise stores here in nj. it's really going to suck to graduate this may.

haha...I would if I knew more about walgreens' plan...unfortunately I don't work for walgreens and all my friends who work for walgreens as students are signed up for pharmacist already...although i do hear that walgreens is on a hiring freeze here, just like all the other chains/grocery stores/mass merchandise stores here in nj. it's really going to suck to graduate this may.

Keep in mind guys, chains do make exceptions if you are willing to work nighttime. :thumbup:

Far be it for me to continue to fan the flames of this trolling but I was always under the impression that people are hired in part because of their worth to the company.

It's unfortunate some good people are let go and some bad ones are kept; but that is the nature of the the networking beast that we have created throughout the 80's and 90's. It's become a "who you know culture" and I think it needs to go back to a "what you know" one.

I'm sorry for the people who have lost their jobs in this financial crisis. It's not productive to continue to hound everyone on how badly it's going. Our country's unemployment rate is getting near stratospheric. We as a profession should do our best to help out those less fortunate around us, be willing to look beyond just our salaries and vacations and benefits and make sure that the patients who are our wards are looked after.

I am thankful that my WAG district was still offering 5 figure sign on bonuses and that my 6 figure salary offer was about 10% higher than what I was expecting. I attribute part of that to the amount of work I put into the company as an intern; going out of my way to help out corporate projects and TALKING sensibly to DM's and Pharm Managers. Basically making it clear that I'm a value to the company and not just another warm body in front of a computer. If given a choice over two people to hire, one with experience and drive and the other with just the bare minimum wish to work, you decide who is better for a company.

You are what you make of each situation, you put in the extra work and if you trust in your ability to make good your promises, you'll get what you deserve. I always told myself that if ever I became cynical and uncaring as a pharmacist I will go and find another career. I challenge every one of you to do the same.

This isn't the time to bemoan how we're loosing our 6 figure salaries and we might have to give up the perks of being overpaid. Buckle up and learn to deal with the times as 10+% of this country's working population are having to do. I plan to give back to my community as much as it has given me through the years, money is just a small part of all that.

Disclosures: I will be starting work with WAG in the summer. I fully expect more cuts to occur in the upcoming years, to combat that, I plan to become useful and helpful to the company instead of complaining and negative. Lets see where I stand a year from today.

Now be gentle, this is my first post after all.

Well written. As long as you're valuable to your employer, your position in the company will be valued. But don't ever give loyalty to your employer. They have no loyalty to you.

Far be it for me to continue to fan the flames of this trolling but I was always under the impression that people are hired in part because of their worth to the company.

It's unfortunate some good people are let go and some bad ones are kept; but that is the nature of the the networking beast that we have created throughout the 80's and 90's. It's become a "who you know culture" and I think it needs to go back to a "what you know" one.

I'm sorry for the people who have lost their jobs in this financial crisis. It's not productive to continue to hound everyone on how badly it's going. Our country's unemployment rate is getting near stratospheric. We as a profession should do our best to help out those less fortunate around us, be willing to look beyond just our salaries and vacations and benefits and make sure that the patients who are our wards are looked after.

I am thankful that my WAG district was still offering 5 figure sign on bonuses and that my 6 figure salary offer was about 10% higher than what I was expecting. I attribute part of that to the amount of work I put into the company as an intern; going out of my way to help out corporate projects and TALKING sensibly to DM's and Pharm Managers. Basically making it clear that I'm a value to the company and not just another warm body in front of a computer. If given a choice over two people to hire, one with experience and drive and the other with just the bare minimum wish to work, you decide who is better for a company.

You are what you make of each situation, you put in the extra work and if you trust in your ability to make good your promises, you'll get what you deserve. I always told myself that if ever I became cynical and uncaring as a pharmacist I will go and find another career. I challenge every one of you to do the same.

This isn't the time to bemoan how we're loosing our 6 figure salaries and we might have to give up the perks of being overpaid. Buckle up and learn to deal with the times as 10+% of this country's working population are having to do. I plan to give back to my community as much as it has given me through the years, money is just a small part of all that.

Disclosures: I will be starting work with WAG in the summer. I fully expect more cuts to occur in the upcoming years, to combat that, I plan to become useful and helpful to the company instead of complaining and negative. Lets see where I stand a year from today.

I think inflation, possibly hyperinflation is inevitable at this point. Check out these:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/115525-the-scariest-chart-ever

In order for hyperinflation to occur, we have to have money, I mean a lot of money flowing through the system. Quite the opposite is true today because the valuation drop in NYSE alone is estimated at over 35 trillion dollars.. that's money that just disappeard. This doesn't include the real estate depreciation. The printing of money is to counter the deflation. 1trillion borrowed form the Federal Reserves to print money is a drop in the bucket. Also, remember that our currency isn't your typical fiat currency. It is pseudofixed-pegged against petroleum. Therefore, if hyperinflation occurs, it will cause an hyperinflation throughout the entire world because petroleum is priced in dollar denomination and it requires petroleum importing countries to hold dollar securities.

Don't buy into those people trying to inflate the price of precious metal.

haha, sounds like someone got lost in the economic discussion back there. poor baby.

i like this thread :corny:

great post!

In order for hyperinflation to occur, we have to have money, I mean a lot of money flowing through the system. Quite the opposite is true today because the valuation drop in NYSE alone is estimated at over 35 trillion dollars.. that's money that just disappeard.

I thought I was the only person that noticed this...why the hell do they think gas proces went down...the dollar revalued thanks to the failure of Wall Street. Heh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Either you don't understand or you're in denial. Wags has announced they are going to cut labor. This also means they're not going to hire too many new grads. There are more than 115 new schools cranking out pharmacists now compared 70 just 10 years ago. More and more pharmacists are going to delay retirement because their 401K is now 201K and can't retire. CVS and the rest of the industry mass merchandisers will follow what WAGs is doing to cut labor. Look at the $4 generic... everyone is doing it.

• More pharmacists
  • New technology to improve efficiency of prescription processing
This means less jobs will be created compared to the earlier predictions. This is not the end all. But if you want to be competitive, you better do a residency or get an MBA/MHA.

Because the days of Wags courting you is over.

I see your point...but also realize more patients and more prescriptions as well over the coming years.

In order for hyperinflation to occur, we have to have money, I mean a lot of money flowing through the system. Quite the opposite is true today because the valuation drop in NYSE alone is estimated at over 35 trillion dollars.. that's money that just disappeard. This doesn't include the real estate depreciation. The printing of money is to counter the deflation. 1trillion borrowed form the Federal Reserves to print money is a drop in the bucket. Also, remember that our currency isn't your typical fiat currency. It is pseudofixed-pegged against petroleum. Therefore, if hyperinflation occurs, it will cause an hyperinflation throughout the entire world because petroleum is priced in dollar denomination and it requires petroleum importing countries to hold dollar securities.

Zyvox, I don't understand what you are saying here. You are saying that hyperinflation can't happen because the dollar is pegged to oil? It is oil that is pegged to the dollar. For now.

Are you saying that hyper-inflation cannot happen because countries are forced to hold dollars? How much US dollars does China need to hold? All two trillion? I think they could sell all but a few hundred billion and have more than enough to buy the massively depreciated oil. So could Japan, and so could Russia who wouldn't mind giving the US a little jab in the kidneys. This would make the dollar sink like a stone.

Why would countries hold trillions of US dollars that are devaluing, when they could park their currency in the Yen or gold and buy US dollars as needed on the market.

Hyperinflation means over %100 a year right? I'm not sure we will get this much inflation, but 20-30% seems realistic. That will not be much fun. On a brighter side, we will finally be able to charge $5 per generic drug!

PBM's pushing mail order are blunting this increase.

Though I thought it was interesting that CVS/Caremark is gonna start letting mail order pts pick-up meds at CVS for the same cost as mail-order. Decent way to swing non-CVS Caremark users over for those that like the interpersonal exchange of a brick/mortar.

I told you...you'd be better off working for someone else.

Here is the career track you should consider.

MBA/MHA
DOP at a smaller hospital and make a huge impact
DOP at a larger hospital
Become a consultant

And if you can do this before 40... then you got it made. Chit...I wish someone would've told me this when I was a student. We didn't even have internet when I started RX school.

What can you do with an MBA in pharmacy? Is DOP worth it? I heard it brought a lot of responsibility.

Though I thought it was interesting that CVS/Caremark is gonna start letting mail order pts pick-up meds at CVS for the same cost as mail-order. Decent way to swing non-CVS Caremark users over for those that like the interpersonal exchange of a brick/mortar.

About 20% of the PBM customers enrolled in Maintenance Choice which allows the patients to get the medication at retail or mail order for the same price.

The neat thing is if a patient has a mail order (90 day supply mandate) and you fill for a 30 day supply, the computer will instruct you to re-submit for a 90 day supply....

CVS is doing what it can to drive business to the stores so they may force other PBM's to do the same.

In any event, it's good for us....

About 20% of the PBM customers enrolled in Maintenance Choice which allows the patients to get the medication at retail or mail order for the same price.

The neat thing is if a patient has a mail order (90 day supply mandate) and you fill for a 30 day supply, the computer will instruct you to re-submit for a 90 day supply....

CVS is doing what it can to drive business to the stores so they may force other PBM's to do the same.

In any event, it's good for us....

I am glad that they are starting to realize that mail order is not all it seems. Especially for CVS/Caremark, they can gain so much more because it also drives front end sales. I get paid the same to fill 200 or 300 scripts that day.

I am glad that they are starting to realize that mail order is not all it seems. Especially for CVS/Caremark, they can gain so much more because it also drives front end sales. I get paid the same to fill 200 or 300 scripts that day.

Look, CVS is trying to remake the entire idea of pharmacy practice in the non-hospital setting. With Caremark, they are leveraging purchasing and information. They are driving business into the stores, which again, is good for me and my job security...

I've noticed a significant pickup in volume at my store since this went into effect, which is nice to see (I work at a pretty new store, so I'm not sure if the increase holds true elsewhere). The customers also seem to like it a lot.

Seems like one of those rare cases where everyone can benefit and the company still makes money.

Mail order is going to become less cost effective option when fuel prices go back up. That's something to consider at least.

Zpak, you are very knowledgeable in many areas but this post is fundamentally incorrect on many levels. Inflation and/or deflation are driven by monetary supply issues not the value of the equity or real estate markets. Here's why:

Say you buy 100 shares of a stock @ $10/share. That's an investment of $1000. You spend $1000 and the seller gains $1000. No net change to the amount of cash in the system. Now say the stock crashes to $1/share. In a panic, you sell your 100 shares for $100. You gain $100 and the buyer spends $100. No net change to the amount of cash in the system. What about the $900 you lost? Well, the buyer of the stock in the second transaction has $900 more than they would have had if they had bought the stock at the higher price. That $900 can be used for other securities, goods, or services in the market. In each scenario, the monetary base has not changed at all. The same concepts are true of real estate or any other market for that matter.

Then you stated that the Fed has "only" added 1 trillion dollars which is a drop in the bucket. However, in the past year, the Fed has increased the size of M0, which is the amount of cash and cash equivalents in the economy, by 98%. The bucket is now twice as large. M0 has only increased by an average of 6% per year over the last 40 years and is strongly correlated to inflation. How can you say that doubling the money supply while GDP is contracting will not lead to inflation?

Finally, I will grant that the dollar is not your typical currency, but not for the reasons you indicated. The dollar is resilient because it is still the best game in town. Who else are the Chinese going to sell their stuff to? They have no choice but to continue to buy our T-bills, allowing the US to fall further into debt. A debt which can never be paid back when you consider the unfunded obligations of Social Security and Medicare.

This article explains these concepts much better than I ever could:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/116297-evidence-that-big-inflation-is-coming

Inflation should be welcome for anybody with big student loans because those loans will be paid back with less valuable dollars.

Zpak, you are very knowledgeable in many areas but this post is fundamentally incorrect on many levels. Inflation and/or deflation are driven by monetary supply issues not the value of the equity or real estate markets. Here's why:

Oh no...not the Seeking alpha's Gold Propaganda... :smuggrin: Did you read the entire article in the link? The author states that inflation/deflation is purely a monetary phenomenon. Ok, fine.. Then supply of money must include credit line also. Don't you agree? If so, real estate equity credit that was available for the homeowners to enjoy spending has almost completely dried up hence creating a significant decrease in money supply. Agree?

You can see this above in MZM growth. The US economy is shrinking thanks to the panic, there are less goods and services on which to spend money. Yet simultaneously the Fed is recklessly ramping broad money at double-digit rates. Sooner or later relatively more money will be bidding for relatively less goods and services, which will drive up prices. You simply can't have 10%+ MZM growth without seeing big inflation eventually. The Fed last did this in late 2001 (panicking after 9/11) which helped initially kick start the commodities bulls.

Wait... didn't he say supply and demand should not be associated with or define "inflation and deflation? What he describes sounds like to me a supply and demand associated inflation. Yet, this assumption is totally false. Currently, our economy is overstocked with goods and services which no one is willing to buy due to the economical psychology of current situation. The federal reserve's goal is to prevent bank collapse, improve liquidity, then spur consumer confidence to purchase the overstocked goods and supplies to deplete it. Only then we can improve our employment status.

If we learned anything from the Great Depression is that the major lending institutions must be protected to foster a much needed trust between lenders and borrowers to ensure money flows.

Say you buy 100 shares of a stock @ $10/share. That's an investment of $1000. You spend $1000 and the seller gains $1000. No net change to the amount of cash in the system. Now say the stock crashes to $1/share. In a panic, you sell your 100 shares for $100. You gain $100 and the buyer spends $100. No net change to the amount of cash in the system. What about the $900 you lost? Well, the buyer of the stock in the second transaction has $900 more than they would have had if they had bought the stock at the higher price. That $900 can be used for other securities, goods, or services in the market. In each scenario, the monetary base has not changed at all. The same concepts are true of real estate or any other market for that matter.

What..money is energy now? It can never be created nor destroyed? Just transfer? If this is the case, how could GDP ever grow?

Then you stated that the Fed has "only" added 1 trillion dollars which is a drop in the bucket. However, in the past year, the Fed has increased the size of M0, which is the amount of cash and cash equivalents in the economy, by 98%. The bucket is now twice as large. M0 has only increased by an average of 6% per year over the last 40 years and is strongly correlated to inflation. How can you say that doubling the money supply while GDP is contracting will not lead to inflation?

Hey, devaluation of dollar may not be a bad thing... it will be easy to pay off our debt to China... :smuggrin: BTW, I do believe China and Japan combined hold about 16% of our debt. Of course fear-mongers say China will flush $ and everyone else will follow.. and US will bankrupt.. so buy Gold!

Finally, I will grant that the dollar is not your typical currency, but not for the reasons you indicated. The dollar is resilient because it is still the best game in town. Who else are the Chinese going to sell their stuff to? They have no choice but to continue to buy our T-bills, allowing the US to fall further into debt. A debt which can never be paid back when you consider the unfunded obligations of Social Security and Medicare.

Well, dollar is resilient and it's still the best game in town because not only is dollar the de facto global reserve currency, oil can only be purchased in dollars. Bretton Woods Agreement (btw, mt Washington resort in NH is beautiful) was set up to peg US dollar as the world reserve currency based on gold standard post WWII. Of course we defaulted on this agreement in 1971 but in 1973, we coerced OPEC to only accept dollar as the oil trade currency. That is why dollar is resilient and it can fund our deficit spending. And it will continue to do so until dollar hegemony collapses.

Oh, and social security is fully funded. In fact, the surplus revenue of SS is loaned back out to our gov. Of course I believe surplus revenue will stop in 2012. We will need to revamp this system when that happens.

This article explains these concepts much better than I ever could:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/116297-evidence-that-big-inflation-is-coming

Inflation should be welcome for anybody with big student loans because those loans will be paid back with less valuable dollars.

Yeah..read that article again. It's trying to sell you gold. I'm glad Ron Paul didn't get elected. We can't afford to go back to the gold standard. And John Maynard Keynes will turn over in his grave.

Last edited:
Zyvox, I don't understand what you are saying here. You are saying that hyperinflation can't happen because the dollar is pegged to oil? It is oil that is pegged to the dollar. For now.

Are you saying that hyper-inflation cannot happen because countries are forced to hold dollars? How much US dollars does China need to hold? All two trillion? I think they could sell all but a few hundred billion and have more than enough to buy the massively depreciated oil. So could Japan, and so could Russia who wouldn't mind giving the US a little jab in the kidneys. This would make the dollar sink like a stone.

Why would countries hold trillions of US dollars that are devaluing, when they could park their currency in the Yen or gold and buy US dollars as needed on the market.

Hyperinflation means over %100 a year right? I'm not sure we will get this much inflation, but 20-30% seems realistic. That will not be much fun. On a brighter side, we will finally be able to charge $5 per generic drug!

Ok, I'm kidding about devaluation of dollar being a not so bad idea. China is in a difficult situation. We're the largest importer of their junk and Europe and the rest of the world can not replace the US. Driving a collapse of the US dollar would be a suicide move by China for 3 reasons.

1. Devaluation of dollar adversely affects OPEC countries. You can find out why.
2. Devaluation of dollar means increased oil price which china's growing economy can't afford.
3. Devaluation of dollar and appreciation of Yuan will significantly hamper China's export.

Dollar collapse has a global implication which I don't think any nation will want to trigger. Especially Japan and Russia right now? Russia? Puleez.

Last edited:
nice work cutting down that seeking alpha article. those guys over there are real nuts sometimes (frequently)

Well, you only need to study the Great Depression to learn that the gold standard was not flexible enough to divert the depression for the US, Britain, Germany, and France. I think we forget that the Great Depression was a global event..not just the US. It was when Britain did away with the gold standard first to recover from the depression shortly followed by Roosevelt's divorce from the gold against the wishes of his advisors. Yes, gold may be a good hedge against inflation. But I think many fear-mongers are market movers for gold who want to drive the price up.

Zyvox, you dirty Keynesian. I wipe my ass with the dollar. It is worthless.

The world does not want to see the US dollar collapse. But the writting is on the wall.The US dollar is going to collapse anyway, and countries will want to exit the dollar sooner rather than later. Before dollar hedgemoney, it was the British Sterling that was dominate. Did people refuse to sell the sterling because they did not want to undermine the value of the rest of their holdings? Countries had a lot to lose by breaking from the Sterling, but had even more to lose by staying attached to a dying empire.

Zyvox. When you are spending your entire sign on bonus to buy a single BigMac, which you will be eating in your cardboard box home in an alley; I will be using my gold pieces to buy all of Rite Aid.

Zyvox. When you are spending your entire sign on bonus to buy a single BigMac, which you will be eating in your cardboard box home in an alley; I will be using my gold pieces to buy all of Rite Aid.

I have no words. You, Mr. Blue, are clearly out of your league here and don't know Zyvox well enough to know that he's not a student nor is he banking on the hopes of a sign-on bonus. But, I'll let him defend himself. It's entertaining. :smuggrin:

The world does not want to see the US dollar collapse. But the writting is on the wall.The US dollar is going to collapse anyway, and countries will want to exit the dollar sooner rather than later. Before dollar hedgemoney, it was the British Sterling that was dominate. Did people refuse to sell the sterling because they did not want to undermine the value of the rest of their holdings? Countries had a lot to lose by breaking from the Sterling, but had even more to lose by staying attached to a dying empire.

Meh. Apples and oranges. The pound back in the olden day isn't even comparable to the fiat dollar. The dollar isn't going to go away because nothing else is viable right now. The Euro isn't more stable, the ruble was briefly, but because of the collapse of various commodities the Ruble was hedged upon, it's not real stable right now, either. They aren't going to base oil sales on gold for multiple reasons...mostly because a fiat with flexible amounts of bills floating around is basically a requirement with the vast amount of trade that is going on daily.

Z is totally right, IMO. The precious metals speculators are just having a field day with this panic. Just like the oil speculators were trying to do last summer.

Zyvox, you dirty Keynesian. I wipe my ass with the dollar. It is worthless.

:smuggrin: What an un-American thing to say!

Did the Sterling Pound collapse or did it simply take a backseat role? Saying because the British Pound is no longer the world reserve currency doesn't allow you to make a quantum leap of supporting your notion that the US Dollar will collapse. :smuggrin:

You do realize that 1944 Britain is not 2009 USA for many different obvious reasons, right? Oh..and I thought Harry Dexter White beat John Maynard in an arm wrestling contest and that's how the US Dollar became the reserve currency! :thumbup:

Oh, I also like this one.. "All great empires fell so will the US! buy gold... " :smuggrin: Well, maybe the US will fall one day. But we're not going down without a fight!

If dollar collapses, so will many other economies. The financial crisis isn't local. It's a global financial crisis where every nation in the world is affected. And do you have a currency in mind that will step up and overtake the dollar today? Beggar thy neighbor policy doesn't work in today's interconnected financial world.

There are 2 X-factors. The US military and Petro-Dollar. And they support each other right now.

Hey hey.. but my DM promised me a job when I get out.. and I know I'll make my $45,000 sign on bonus which I don't plan on paying taxes on!! :smuggrin:

I sense your struggle with cognitive dissonance. You want your gold investment to go up yet you know if our economy resorts to hyperinflationary situation, you won't have an opportunity to spend your gold.

At least, when I eat a Big Mac, I'll have eaten a meal. You and your Rite Aid will be spending a lot of time in Bankruptcy court. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Meh. Apples and oranges. The pound back in the olden day isn't even comparable to the fiat dollar. The dollar isn't going to go away because nothing else is viable right now. The Euro isn't more stable, the ruble was briefly, but because of the collapse of various commodities the Ruble was hedged upon, it's not real stable right now, either. They aren't going to base oil sales on gold for multiple reasons...mostly because a fiat with flexible amounts of bills floating around is basically a requirement with the vast amount of trade that is going on daily.

Z is totally right, IMO. The precious metals speculators are just having a field day with this panic. Just like the oil speculators were trying to do last summer.

Ain't it though? Man oh man... the $200 barrel and the Peak Oil fear mongering sure were taxing!

PBM's pushing mail order are blunting this increase.

You remind me of the type of pharmacist who hates their job and goes in miserable everyday because ur always bad mouthing the profession with reasons why it will do bad in the future.

As for Walgreens i say their needs to be more competition rather than just CVS. Companies only care about profits today rather than employees

You remind me of the type of pharmacist who hates their job and goes in miserable everyday because ur always bad mouthing the profession with reasons why it will do bad in the future.

As for Walgreens i say their needs to be more competition rather than just CVS. Companies only care about profits today rather than employees

You are one sad little fella. :thumbdown:

You're more than qualified to discuss the future of the profession, as a pre-pharm with many semesters of general chemistry and no practical experience.

Since when have corporations ever been for anything more than profit? This is not news.

Here's a pro-tip: making your avatar say "accepted pharmacy student" does not make you either a pharmacy student or a pharmacist. Do you even know what PBM means? Have you ever worked in a pharmacy?

You are one sad little fella. :thumbdown:

Your a sad person who doesn't like their life.

Secondly i'm a pharmacy student with years of experience so any of u who jumps to conclusions don't know jack. Thirdly i wasn't talking to most of u but contefyer or w/e his name is so learn not to stick ur nose where it doesn't belong.

My wife keeps getting hounded by Rite Aid. She doesn't want to work retail...they don't seem to have caught onto that one yet. A letter or a call ever other week. I've tracked down 4 hospital jobs in W. PA for her. She may wind up with her choice of hospitals. Pretty cool.

Also, the meeting we had on Monday - nothing bad. In fact, they seem to think that the wage freeze will go away in a few months as we got a new surgeon that has been doing a **** ton of elective cases very recently and the census numbers are way up this year vs last year at this point in time.

My completely and utterly subjective point of view is looking rosier than it was a few months ago. Meh.

Heh Rite Aid is going to tank some time soon. She should demand a cushy corporate job then golden parachute her way out of the top when the **** hits the fan in a few months.

My wife keeps getting hounded by Rite Aid. She doesn't want to work retail...they don't seem to have caught onto that one yet. A letter or a call ever other week. I've tracked down 4 hospital jobs in W. PA for her. She may wind up with her choice of hospitals. Pretty cool.

Also, the meeting we had on Monday - nothing bad. In fact, they seem to think that the wage freeze will go away in a few months as we got a new surgeon that has been doing a **** ton of elective cases very recently and the census numbers are way up this year vs last year at this point in time.

My completely and utterly subjective point of view is looking rosier than it was a few months ago. Meh.

Good deal Mikey. Bringing in surgeons can make or break a hospital. Hope your admin made the right choice.

Ortho is a big cash cow, and it's sure to only get "worse" with baby boomers getting old. It's where all the snobby money grubbin' surgeons-in-training are flocking. Meanwhile, general surgery, CT and transplant all get ignored.

Funny how that works out. It's weird too, since MSK anatomy is so unbelievably boring. I don't know how they don't get tired of looking at femurs all day.

I though i would never have to talk about WAGS ever again, but this is just toooo much. After being laid off from wags i have decided to separate myself from them and focus more on school and my boyfriend....

HOWEVER, something i heard froma good friend who is still working at walgreens really alarmed me...

Walgreens in South Florida has planned to lay off 150 techs and about 20-30 percent of their PHARMACISTS!!!, she told me that a list of who will be laid off will be generated in the next few weeks. the list is based on seniority both for the techs and the pharmacists. I had to give a good friend of mine a call(she is a pharmd at wags) and she is terrified!!, the only option they have is to either go to the POWER office if not they will be terminated. She is really scared bcuz she is a newly grad( about 2 yrs) and lives very far from the POWER place, at least an hr....

They have said that they dont even know what to do with all the interns that were promised jobs, its scary to think what can happen