Its Official, WAGS has begun laying off!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stick to what you know, Adaware is yesterday's news. If you are smart you will uninstall that resource wasting hog. MBAM (Malywarebytes) is great. Spybot is mediocre, though the Tea Timer feature is OK. CCleaner (AKA Crap Cleaner) is dangerous if used improperly. DO NOT use the registry functions unless you really know what you are doing. The Temp file cleaner features work nicely....

I like ccleaner the best.

Members don't see this ad.

*curtseys* Thank you, thank you.

I've been working on cleaning my computer all night and day. Got something on it and I have to get rid of it stat. Gotta finish two presentations this weekend and I can't do that if the blue screen of death keeps happening sporadically. :(

When I'm not ignoring the ***** from Texas (Not IOZ) and filling prescriptions, in my spare time I'm a moderator at The PC Guide Discussion forums. User name is Classicsoftware.....

Join and post a Hijackthis log in the Applications and Security Forums and we'll get you cleaned up in no time. In the mean time, back up your data at once. If it goes belly up, you want to have your data. It's the only thing of value on the PC.

When I'm not ignoring the ***** from Texas (Not IOZ) and filling prescriptions, in my spare time I'm a moderator at The PC Guide Discussion forums. User name is Classicsoftware.....

Join and post a Hijackthis log in the Applications and Security Forums and we'll get you cleaned up in no time. In the mean time, back up your data at once. If it goes belly up, you want to have your data. It's the only thing of value on the PC.

Geek.

Members don't see this ad :)

Oh lord, a CVS ***** and a computer geek...you have issues....Its worse than I thought.:eek:

Stop being so naive. If you have to look for a job with a six figure debt, your life will be ruined. Refer to JDunderground.com for more information. A lot of lawyers graduating dont have jobs but they still have 120k in debt to pay. Besides the fact that most pharmacies dont magically hire somebody unless somebody leaves, a surplus means longer unemployment time or jobs with low ball offers like 30-40k. Hard to make a living when you have to pay 2k in student loans every month.

Prescriptions have been doubling or tripling for a while. Yet for most stores, script counts dont go up. The reason for this is a lot of it is taken up by mail orders that are filled via multi million dollar robots.

I really dont see how biotech or new lifestyle drugs will increase the need for pharmacists. Biotech stocks are decades away and if anything, would be used mostly in hospitals. Lifestyle drugs. . . well, lets say that the pipeline has been dead for a few years now and a lot of potential ones turned out to be busts. Any new drugs that makes it into the market at best will replace old ones leaving.

I say instead of being an optimistic person, lets start preventing new pharmacy schools from opening up and add another year to 6 year programs. We should also start requiring residencies. Also, enough with foreign pharmacists.

Finally, someone who is in the trenches who knows what is going on. You do know that if you declare bankruptcy 100 times your student loans still remain, right? Spending 40k a year for a rph degree, when Nigerians are paying for college with 3 goats, just doesn't make any sense.

Lets not forget that with this economy, everyone will want to become a pharmacist. Schools only need to enroll students, they don't need to promise jobs.

Finally, someone who is in the trenches who knows what is going on. You do know that if you declare bankruptcy 100 times your student loans still remain, right? Spending 40k a year for a rph degree, when Nigerians are paying for college with 3 goats, just doesn't make any sense.

Lets not forget that with this economy, everyone will want to become a pharmacist. Schools only need to enroll students, they don't need to promise jobs.

Yup. School loans stick with you even if you file for bankrupty. Thats why regardless if it is good or bad debt, i am going to pay it off ASAP. God forbid anything happens to me and they go after everything I have.

Yup. School loans stick with you even if you file for bankrupty. Thats why regardless if it is good or bad debt, i am going to pay it off ASAP. God forbid anything happens to me and they go after everything I have.

No dude..take your time with your debt.. with hyperinflation in the horizon, you're going to be making $4,000 per hour!

Zyvox is correct AZNfarmerboy. Make sure your loan is at a fixed rate, but pay it off as little as you can. This will protect you somewhat against inflation. The money you save by not paying down your debt, sock away in case you are downsized. I would buy gold, short the market, and buy some homes in a few years at a fixed mortgage rate.

Well, I don't think we'll see hyperinflation...we're not Zimbabwe nor Weimar Germany for many different reasons... But sounds like many gold brokers are preaching gloom and doom for people to buy gold.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea I heard something about that being the reason, he was dealing in euros or something..

Yes, he sold oil to France and Germany in Euros for the infamous oil for food program. Oil is priced in dollar based securities..not euros.

George W. Bush's Axis of Evis Speech included 3 countries.. Iraq, Iran, and North Korea....3 countries who wanted to trade oil in Euros.

Evil act against dollar hegemony.

You is weird...

And you're mean! How could you not love this?

Weimaraner300x261.jpg

weimaraner.jpg

Oh Christ someone's in here whining about the bailout and the stimulus package? Another Limbaugh economist in our midsts!

We are so ****ed, it is only going to get worse. Thank god I'm in school?

Oh Christ someone's in here whining about the bailout and the stimulus package? Another Limbaugh economist in our midsts!

We are so ****ed, it is only going to get worse. Thank god I'm in school?

ehh...the stimulus package is a drop in the bucket to counter the deflation and attempt to liquidfy the flow of money to prevent our economy from a screeching halt. Too many gloom and doom people are preaching to stock up on precious metal, gun, canned foods, and farming equipment.. good lord.

ehh...the stimulus package is a drop in the bucket to counter the deflation and attempt to liquidfy the flow of money to prevent our economy from a screeching halt. Too many gloom and doom people are preaching to stock up on precious metal, gun, canned foods, and farming equipment.. good lord.

The word "gun" is gonna get WVU all fired up...

The word "gun" is gonna get WVU all fired up...

Only gun we need is to point at Petro-Euro, Petor-Yuan, and Petro-Ruble propenents to ensure our pseudo fiat currency $ stays as the world currency of choice to peg. This ensures the Feds to print as much money we need to revive our deflating economy.. Sigh.. If this fails, you better get guns.

If it is federal loan, then you should consolidate in july when they reset the interest rate (probably will be an all time low) and pay it off slowly but if it is a private loan with 15% interest, then yes pay it ASAP.

Posting on SDN is extremely difficult with a cell phone, I've only done it once on my iPhone and it was an emoticon only response.

I post all the time from my iphone, the iphone is awesome for the internet. If only it supported flash and video, cut and paste, microsoft documents, I wouldn't have to use a real computer. I have lexi comp on it and use it all the time at work. Iphone rules... Att sucks. I wish Verizon took the contract.

So genius, how did we pay for WWII? We printed money then as well. It's just economic growth after the war knocked it out. Look at what happened when Clinton left office. The annual budget was in surplus and we would have been able to pay off our debt. But we did not account for 9/11 and the two wars that resulted as well as small recession.

It's also wise to note that we bailed out the S&L's in the 80's and it was the same % of GDP as the current bank bail out.

If you think you know enough about economics to predict what's going to happen 10 years from now, you will need to submit the results of your last random drug test. Did you predict the housing bubble? Did you predict the effect that the PC had on massively increasing productivity during the 90's that drove economic growth during that period?

Put 5 economists in a room and you get 7 opinions. Reminds of a scene from the West Wing a few years ago:

Chief of Staff: Ok, where are we on the economy? Where will the DOW be in a year?

Economist One: Bad, down a 1000.

Economist Two: Great, up a 1000.

Chief of Staff: In a year one of you is going to look really silly.

First off, I never said or suggested I was a genius...I don't claim to be. Secondly, I never said I have or had predicted anything regarding the economic mess. I merely stated/posted some economic facts regarding spending and deficit accounts. I said, "God only knows how this story will end." Last I checked, I wasn't god.

What I do know, and what I do understand...is how the Federal Reserve(non-government agency/private bank) is a major culprit behind this current economic mess, and others in the past. We don't have any checks/balances over them, they don't have any accountability, and they continue to manipulate our currency and the money supply. The only control we have is by our president picking the Chairman. But, that list of candidates is picked by the Federal Reserve itself, and we are simply drawing a straw out of a hat at that point. Regarding further details and the nitty gritty of all this lunacy, I have neither the time or patience to post on a Pharmacy Forum how it all boils down.

I highly recommend reading the book; The creature from Jekyll Island and/or watching the documentary; America Freedom to Fascism. Both are very enlighting and expose the Fed for what they really are.

On a side note, we paid for a huge chunk of WW2 by implementing two large tax increases(1940, 1941). The numbers of taxpayers also increased from 4 million in 1940 to 45 million in 1945 due to the revamping of income tax laws by FDR. The amount of money simply being printed still had a gold standard behind it, therefore limiting the cynical nature of inflation. That gold standard was done for in 1971, and in 2005 the Federal Reserve stopped publishing the data for the M3(money supply/inflation numbers). The ability to print money like water is a much greater threat now, than it has ever been. If the rest of the world starts dropping the dollar as a reserve currency and trade currency, then hyperinflation will kick in and all bets are off. Likely hood of that happening is probably slim though.

I agree, any white house economist would have no idea where the economy is at or where it is going. That's because they don't know how the Federal Reserve is operating, or how it will operate. Neither do we, neither do our congressmen, and neither does our president. Not because everyone is a bunch of bumbling idiots, but because the Fed goes out of their way to mask their operations.

In the end, it doesn't matter what I think or what you think. Neither one of us is heading to Washington anytime soon. And if we did, I doubt we could even make a dent in policy change. So, I will continue to work, finish school and plan for a fun and exciting career in Pharmacy. If the world ends tomorrow, so be it.

What I do know, and what I do understand...is how the Federal Reserve(non-government agency/private bank) is a major culprit behind this current economic mess, and others in the past. We don't have any checks/balances over them, they don't have any accountability, and they continue to manipulate our currency and the money supply. The only control we have is by our president picking the Chairman. But, that list of candidates is picked by the Federal Reserve itself, and we are simply drawing a straw out of a hat at that point. Regarding further details and the nitty gritty of all this lunacy, I have neither the time or patience to post on a Pharmacy Forum how it all boils down.

I highly recommend reading the book; The creature from Jekyll Island and/or watching the documentary; America Freedom to Fascism. Both are very enlighting and expose the Fed for what they really are.

Ooooohhhh. One of THOSE guys. Do you think the Amero is going to take over the world, too? Good 'ol conspiracy theories and the whackjob "documentaries" that "back them up". Do you think they orchestrated 9/11, too?

I wish the world was as interesting and shady as some people think it is...

The amount of money simply being printed still had a gold standard behind it, therefore limiting the cynical nature of inflation. That gold standard was done for in 1971, and in 2005 the Federal Reserve stopped publishing the data for the M3(money supply/inflation numbers). The ability to print money like water is a much greater threat now, than it has ever been. If the rest of the world starts dropping the dollar as a reserve currency and trade currency, then hyperinflation will kick in and all bets are off. Likely hood of that happening is probably slim though.

Do you really think the US is foolish enough to have created a floating fiat currency with nothing to back it up with other than the Federal Reserve printing money? You're right. We did away with the gold standard but we replaced it with Petroleum. I love Nixon.

Gloom and Doomsayers capitalize on fragile psychology of concerned yet not fully informed readers by predicting the possibility and probability of worst case scenario. Anything is possible with a certain numerical probability. Of course.

Recession, deflation, and inflation are likely. Yes, we can have bi-flation at the same time. One natural force that's affecting our economy right now is the psychological state of people feeling the need to hoard money instead of spending. This of course won't help us get out of this slump.

Yes, it seems irresponsible to print money. Hyperinflationarians bring up Weimar Germany & Zimbabwe and attempt to draw a parallel to the US situation today. Some not so innovative economists bring up the fall of the Roman Empire as the fate of the US.

This is all possible.

What's my point? The Federal Reserve can print money as long as Petro-Dollar Hegemony is intact. This requires a strong military presence where rogue governments (Iran, etc) try to topple our financial system. Deficit spending is necessary for our economy right now more so than ever. Don't buy into "we're borrowing heavily from other countries" propaganda. 75% our debt is held within the US. In fact, other petroleum importing countries need Dollars. And the last thing they want to see is for the value of Dollar to hyper inflate.

Tough times ahead. But we Americans will come out ahead. Now...we the pharmacists, I'm not so confident.

Haha...that's pretty good WVUPharm. Well, you nor I can't say with any certainty that the world isn't as crazy or shady as some people think it is. That's the beauty of it.

If I look at something from multiple angles and come up with a hypothesis, I'm sorry if that doesn't always jive with what the mainstream and government mentalities are proposing. It's easy to throw the conspiracy card out, given the obvious ill conentations that come along with it. But being completely naive and/or in the dark regarding alternate possibilities carries equally as much ignorance. Not saying you are ignorant or naive, just a general statement at best.

No, I don't fall hook, line and sinker for everything that is thrown around...I try my best to apply common sense and rational thought to each issue.

Regarding issues like 9/11 and the Amero, I think their is a whole lot of random junk that has been thrown around...and some that carries weight. My personal opinion is, I don't really care.

heck...this economic psychology thing is affecting me even though my finanancial situation isn't affected at all...if not better. But I feel the need to hoard money.. That means no more photography equipment.. no more new golf clubs... less golf outings... Oh..what fun! :thumbdown:

ItsOverZyvox, I agree. I for one don't fully understand it all...I never claimed I did. I know what I know, and I try my best to comprehend it and plan for my own future.

I am not trying to fear-monger, if I have implied that I apologize. I am just simply stating what I believe to be true for whatever it is worth.

Regarding Pharmacy, let's hope everything pans out in the long run.

ItsOverZyvox, I agree. I for one don't fully understand it all...I never claimed I did. I know what I know, and I try my best to comprehend it and plan for my own future.

I am not trying to fear-monger, if I have implied that I apologize. I am just simply stating what I believe to be true for whatever it is worth.

Regarding Pharmacy, let's hope everything pans out in the long run.

:smuggrin: I don't know much either. But I'm curious and feel the need to know. I read and try to make sense of things and draw my own conclusion and form an opinion that's mine. Right or Wrong. That's why I try to read the fear-mongers version than the counter points. Then I'm free to think what I want.

Now as far as health system pharmacy goes... y'all better take what I saw as the gospel..or else. :smuggrin:

You're talking about curbing two of your favorite hobbies based on doom n' gloom propaganda. How is that not depressing?

I'll make other types of "sacrifices" way before doing that. The car wash line is 30 cars deep a mile down the road. Heck, I'm going to go grab a spong and pail right now and wash the salt off myself.

I make financial plans and save more than the average joe blow, but I'm not going to stop enjoying life while I'm young either...we only live once!

Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device

You're talking about curbing two of your favorite hobbies based on doom n' gloom propaganda. How is that not depressing?

I'll make other types of "sacrifices" way before doing that. The car wash line is 30 cars deep a mile down the road. Heck, I'm going to go grab a spong and pail right now and wash the salt off myself.

I make financial plans and save more than the average joe blow, but I'm not going to stop enjoying life while I'm young either...we only live once!

Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device

Silly, I have all the photo equipment I need and instead of golfing exotic locations, we will play more local courses!

No curbing my hobbies just less money spent. And once you have the equipment, photography doesn't cost much.

Silly, I have all the photo equipment I need and instead of golfing exotic locations, we will play more local courses!

No curbing my hobbies just less money spent. And once you have the equipment, photography doesn't cost much.

'zactly! So why would you let a stagnant/sputtering economy affect it?

Don't lie, I know you walk around with a box of kleenex and pop claritin like candy.

Okay, you're right, but I only use the Kleenex with aloe and lotion. :p

In all seriousness, I don't have allergies, and I'm sure I'd have to take everything under the sun for allergies if I ever developed them, because the "kids" aren't going anywhere.

I make driving a Taurus and living in a single wide cool. I blame me.

I have a contingency plan.. when all fails, I can live out of my motorhome.. little smaller than your single wide. But mine moves.

Ooooohhhh. One of THOSE guys. Do you think the Amero is going to take over the world, too? Good 'ol conspiracy theories and the whackjob "documentaries" that "back them up". Do you think they orchestrated 9/11, too?

I wish the world was as interesting and shady as some people think it is...

They did.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OIXfkXEj0[/youtube]

Why did you guys start to talk about computers and gases???? Stay on the topic please, no point of creating this topic and just talking about random stuffs.