It's too cold in Michigan to be nice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbabul01

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Michigan status page (after being on hold for 2 months):

FILE CLOSED
We cannot make an admissions offer to you this year, therefore, we are closing your file.

That's amazing. No pleasantries. No "we had a lot of applicants." No "our job is really hard but you're still a great person." Honest and well-put. Strong work Michigan.:thumbup:

It's the 21st century equivalent of a big red rejection stamp.
297412.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Ah man, that sucks. I've been on hold for 4 months myself and I am 99.9% sure I will be getting the same message on Feb 18th when they "close the site for maintenance." Good luck with your other apps though.

Looks like some ADCOMS finally read that "Write your own Rejection Letter" thread...and it looks like they took a hint.

Sorry about your rejection. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate the sympathy. I really just thought it was a little comical and needed to be shared. I've been on hold for quite a while so it was not particularly shocking. But thanks anyway.

I appreciate the sympathy. I really just thought it was a little comical and needed to be shared. I've been on hold for quite a while so it was not particularly shocking. But thanks anyway.

I think we'll be getting a letter on nice michigan stationary with the nice part on it later... or at least I hope.

the ironic thing is that I got my old lab job back this week working for UMMS during the summer.

Yeah, they probably have the nicest rejection letter out of anyone.

Although, I will say Wash U did a really nice job. They made sure to mention to consider their great hospitals when applying to residency. I thought that was a really nice comment to make. Their not burning any bridges, that's for sure.