It's too cold in Michigan to be nice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbabul01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
My Michigan status page (after being on hold for 2 months):

FILE CLOSED
We cannot make an admissions offer to you this year, therefore, we are closing your file.

That's amazing. No pleasantries. No "we had a lot of applicants." No "our job is really hard but you're still a great person." Honest and well-put. Strong work Michigan.:thumbup:

It's the 21st century equivalent of a big red rejection stamp.
297412.jpg

SuperHiro

Attending
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ah man, that sucks. I've been on hold for 4 months myself and I am 99.9% sure I will be getting the same message on Feb 18th when they "close the site for maintenance." Good luck with your other apps though.

baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looks like some ADCOMS finally read that "Write your own Rejection Letter" thread...and it looks like they took a hint.

Sorry about your rejection. :(

bbabul01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the sympathy. I really just thought it was a little comical and needed to be shared. I've been on hold for quite a while so it was not particularly shocking. But thanks anyway.

maestro1625

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the sympathy. I really just thought it was a little comical and needed to be shared. I've been on hold for quite a while so it was not particularly shocking. But thanks anyway.

I think we'll be getting a letter on nice michigan stationary with the nice part on it later... or at least I hope.

the ironic thing is that I got my old lab job back this week working for UMMS during the summer.

bbabul01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they probably have the nicest rejection letter out of anyone.

Although, I will say Wash U did a really nice job. They made sure to mention to consider their great hospitals when applying to residency. I thought that was a really nice comment to make. Their not burning any bridges, that's for sure.