• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

jhrugger

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2003
Charleston, SC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
anyone think this is not very clear? is there another resource that makes immunobio a bit easier?

thanks

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2002
Travelling via handbasket
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
we're using the janeway book now (one of my instructors said it was "simplistic"...then again, he has a phd in the field. i would hope he thinks it's simplistic!). i really like the book, but if you want something that's a bit easier to understand, the BRS for micro/immuno is also very good.

About the Ads
F

ForensicPath

I am currently using the janeway textbook and I have to say that I like it alot. The diagrams have been very helpful. It is probably one of my favorite science textbooks.

sunflower79

Plays well with knives
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
The Immune System by Peter Parham is a condensed version of Janeway, with much the exact same figures. They have the same merits except Parham does not go into such depth as Janeway.

Habari

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
janeway one of the most lucid introductory texts i've read to date. parham doesn't include nearly as much information; but if you don't particularly care about that it is a reasonable alternative [a lot of the figures are replicas]

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.