janeway immunobio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhrugger

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone think this is not very clear? is there another resource that makes immunobio a bit easier?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

we're using the janeway book now (one of my instructors said it was "simplistic"...then again, he has a phd in the field. i would hope he thinks it's simplistic!). i really like the book, but if you want something that's a bit easier to understand, the BRS for micro/immuno is also very good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently using the janeway textbook and I have to say that I like it alot. The diagrams have been very helpful. It is probably one of my favorite science textbooks.

I used this book - How the Imune System Works with Janeway and found it was a good solution.

It is a really easy to understand book, but you def need Janeway or someother text book to complete the "story".

The Immune System by Peter Parham is a condensed version of Janeway, with much the exact same figures. They have the same merits except Parham does not go into such depth as Janeway.

thanks for responses- test tomorrow

janeway one of the most lucid introductory texts i've read to date. parham doesn't include nearly as much information; but if you don't particularly care about that it is a reasonable alternative [a lot of the figures are replicas]