January 2013 PCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Himy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey my fellow SDNers!

So there is less than two months away until the January test and I wanted to make a thread for anyone that's going to take a test. This could be a thread for posting suggestions to study, asking questions or just random thoughts. Anyone else worried??

My study plan so far is to use Dr. Collin's, Kaplan and the three practice tests on the PCAT site, but have not been too successful studying efficiently yet..

Members don't see this ad.

I have been searching this site for an hour and cannot figure out where I can buy a more recent/new Dr Collins study guide. I would like a 2012 or even possibly a new one but I have no idea where to look online. Amazon has a 2011 and it is just a packet of loose leaf paper. Is that what it really is? Please help! I am taking it this summer and would like the most recent stuff to study. It seems like everybody who says they did well used Dr Collins stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Verbal - 96
Biology - 99
Reading - 98
Quantitative - 91
Chemistry - 98
Writing - 5.0
Composite - 99

:cool:

Study materials:
PCAT blueprint - this tells you EXACTLY what you need to know
Official practice tests
Kaplan book
Examkrackers MCAT books for biology, chemistry, and organic chemistry
PatrickJMT for math, also googled for math worksheets on topics I needed to review
I read novels for fun and scientific papers for my job, so I didn't do any extra studying for verbal/reading/writing

You don't need Dr. Collins to get a 99, I'm proof of that.

My final scores came out last night, I wrote my PCAT on Jan 18th

Here's my scores:

VA: 416 (74)
BIO: 447 (97)
RC: 417 (81)
QA: 423 (85)
CHEM: 444 (95)

COMP: 429 (94)

I got 3.5 on the essay and the mean was 3.25

Its my second time writing pcat and im happy with the results :D
I got 25 on RC with 93 comp, i used the MCAT book to study for the reading section the day before the PCAT and I guess it helped! lol
Overall, I mainly focused on collins to study for it.
Hope this helps :)

Yayy the wait is over! Got a 4 on the writing! I'm no writer so I'm pretty content with this score. I got a 91% on the PCAT but my reading and verbal were low so I wanted to get an above average score for the writing. :)

I have been searching this site for an hour and cannot figure out where I can buy a more recent/new Dr Collins study guide. I would like a 2012 or even possibly a new one but I have no idea where to look online. Amazon has a 2011 and it is just a packet of loose leaf paper. Is that what it really is? Please help! I am taking it this summer and would like the most recent stuff to study. It seems like everybody who says they did well used Dr Collins stuff.
It is loose leaf paper. This is the site: http://pcatprepclass.com/

So my scores are on pharmcas. Does anyone know if the schools get notified about our newly posted pcat scores or is it up to each school to check on their own time?

I am doing BSN(bachelors in Science Nursing) because I do not want to to simply BS biology because I have heard from friends it really don't get you any where. So will I have equal chances to get in pharmacy as anyone who has done BS. or is there anyone who has different degree than BS biology and got in?