Program-Specific Info / Q's Jefferson College of Health Sciences OT 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was wait listed as well! Congrats to those that got accepted! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted off the wait list on Thursday and emailed them this morning saying that I will not be accepting the spot. Hopefully this allows someone to be accepted soon. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call on Friday and was offered a spot at Jefferson from the waitlist! I accepted!!! just waiting on the package info to come in the mail! can't wait!

I got a call on Friday and was offered a spot at Jefferson from the waitlist! I accepted!!! just waiting on the package info to come in the mail! can't wait!

I just emailed sarah boswell that I have declined my offer for acceptance. Someone should be getting a call if they are on the waitlist!! Best of luck.

I just emailed sarah boswell that I have declined my offer for acceptance. Someone should be getting a call if they are on the waitlist!! Best of luck.
Thank you for letting us know!! :)

Congrats, me too!! Have you been successful finding apartments to stay at?

I was also looking at apartments. I feel like it's going to be 700 at least for anywhere. I really want a studio or loft but also was wondering if it is a good idea to have a roommate in the program? Any thoughts?

I was also looking at apartments. I feel like it's going to be 700 at least for anywhere. I really want a studio or loft but also was wondering if it is a good idea to have a roommate in the program? Any thoughts?
I feel like having a roommate in the program would be beneficial because you guys could study together! It would also be cheaper with a roommate!

I feel like having a roommate in the program would be beneficial because you guys could study together! It would also be cheaper with a roommate!
yeah ive heard both sides. So I am not sure but definitely going to consider it! We need to start a facebook page or something

Reactions: 1 users
Hi sorry so late, but yes I am the same. I really think the Lofts would be the best idea if you stay by yourself, but there are some apartments downtown that I think would be fine with a rommmate.

Anyone know if the class is full yet or has anyone else heard off of the wait list?

I am not sure but a girl I know got chosen from the waitlist like a week after I did (so last Thursday). But not sure if the class is full or not.

Guys I just got accepted off the waitlist for Jefferson today!!!! If there is a facebook page, will someone add me please? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just found out I got into today! Now I have to decide between theirs and Radford's program

Hi everyone! I have an upcoming interview with Jefferson, and I was wondering if any of you could give me any insight into the interview? Specifically the group activity. Thank you!!

Hi everyone! I have an upcoming interview with Jefferson, and I was wondering if any of you could give me any insight into the interview? Specifically the group activity. Thank you!!

Hey otgalz! May I ask when Jefferson sent you an interview invitation? And was it through the mail like years past?

Hey otgalz! May I ask when Jefferson sent you an interview invitation? And was it through the mail like years past?
I am wondering the same thing!

I emailed Sarah in early December and she responded back with "The deadline was November 1st, so the OT Dept. is currently reviewing applications. My hope is they will have decisions for interviews made after the first of the year, with interviews being in February." I thought people would start hearing back after the 1st of the year, but if anyone has heard back already, how did they get ahold of you?

I got an email on 12/19 from Sarah about an interview

I got an email 12/19! I know they have 3 seperate interview dates, so maybe they have not emailed for the other two yet!

Has anyone else heard back from Jefferson yet about an interview?

Has anyone else heard back from Jefferson yet about an interview?
I got a call on Monday about an interview. They still have interviews Feb. 2nd or 9th for those of you waiting and trying to plan!

Last edited:
I got a call on Monday about an interview. They still have interviews Feb. 2nd or 9th for those of you waiting and trying to plan!
Thank you! That gives me some hope.

I got an email on 12/19 from Sarah about an interview
I got an email 12/19! I know they have 3 seperate interview dates, so maybe they have not emailed for the other two yet!
Can either of you (or anyone else) tell me anything about Jefferson's interview? Mine is supposed to be Friday, but I have yet to receive an email regarding any details. I would love to know something before walking in there completely unprepared.

Can either of you (or anyone else) tell me anything about Jefferson's interview? Mine is supposed to be Friday, but I have yet to receive an email regarding any details. I would love to know something before walking in there completely unprepared.
I wish I could but I haven’t gotten anything else besides the information about hotels and parking. All I know is that there’s an individual interview, a writing sample, and a group activity.

I wish I could but I haven’t gotten anything else besides the information about hotels and parking. All I know is that there’s an individual interview, a writing sample, and a group activity.
I haven't even received the hotels/parking info email so I'm totally clueless here!

I haven't even received the hotels/parking info email so I'm totally clueless here!
I was told the interview is 9:00-2:00 and there is a group and individual interview. I did receive an email about hotel information if you’d like me to share that with you.

I was told the interview is 9:00-2:00 and there is a group and individual interview. I did receive an email about hotel information if you’d like me to share that with you.
*Update: Anita actually just emailed me so you don't need to share the info but thanks for your willingness to do so!

That would be awesome! I think I really just need the room location and any parking information they gave you. I emailed Dr. Haynes on Monday, but haven't gotten anything back and just left a message for Anita so I've made an effort!

Last edited: