Jefferson interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dalo0228

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed Wednesday the 21st (8 days ago). Supposedly some people hear back the following week, but I haven't heard anything.

Any acceptances yet from that interview date? Or any input from someone who interviewed there earlier in the season?

Members don't see this ad.

Jefferson is a great school! I really liked it! I heard back about two weeks after I interviewed there and my acceptance came as an invitation to join the medical class of 2008.

Thanks cather.

I won't stress myself too much this week then. Are you going there?

I just got into wash u, so those two might be a kind of hard decision if I get into Jeff. Philly is awesome and St Louis is not.

Members don't see this ad :)
What I have heard is that if you hear back within 2 weeks, it usually is an acceptance, but if it is longer than that it will most likely be a waitlist. It took them about a month to send me an "Alternate Category" letter. This is a particularly painful letter for me because jeff is my #1 choice, but whoever said applying to med school was supposed to be fun and easy.

Did you send an LOI or talk to Dr. Callaghan?

wait another week before you give them a call. I think decisions are usually in 2 weeks, and obviously the committee can't go over all the app at once (They interview like 40 people a week?)

Dr. Callahan gave me a phone call today, 9 days after my interview. My mom went there - may have helped, but my numbers were good anyway.

Has anybody else gotten the nod? Does Dr. Callahan call everyone that gets accepted?

I got accepted on October 15 but did not get a call, or a message for that matter. I thought i was doomed. Then I got a cute little invitation-looking envelope in the mail on October 21.

Just for anyone else wondering, I didn't hear that I got into Jefferson for I belive a little more than a month after I interviewed. (End of Oct-end of Nov), so if you don't hear right away you may not be doomed. I'm so glad I didn't know I was supposed to hear so soon or I would have been freaking out. Good luck everyone! I'll probably be at Jefferson in the fall!

I wonder how Dr. Callahan decides who gets a phone call and who gets a letter? I assume if you get a phone call, they really want you and are recruiting hard... Anybody have any ideas?

How many people get off the waitlist? Statistics say JMC accepts 1 out of every 2 interviewees, but I doubt they accept all of those people right away. I wonder what percentage does Jefferson accept right away...

I think ideally she wants to call all acceptees, but that's not her only job, so she probably go by a list organized alphabetically or something.

Also, I think in general, a longer wait for post-interview decision usually translates to longer discussion/debate time in adcom. This can be because the votes were split or some adcom members want additional info from LOR writers, etc.

the link in my signature includes last's years applicants and waitlisters. You may find it helpful.

Please post here if you've been accepted off the wait list. Does anybody know when this is most likely to happen?

Originally posted by hongspruce
Please post here if you've been accepted off the wait list. Does anybody know when this is most likely to happen?

I too am very very interested in this information.

Just keeping this thread in everyone's mind.

I just want to congratulate everyone accepted, wish the best for those still waiting, and tell you all I can't wait to see you in the fall!

Thanks! Hopefully, I'll be there in the fall. Feel free to call Jefferson and tell them to let us in!

I interviewed at Jeff on the 28th of Jan. I have called twice and they said that my file has not gone to committee yet and I am doubtful that it will get a good response. DOES ANYONE KNOW if it is true that you will likely get an acceptance if you hear back in the first two weeks. OR is this just rumor? My interviewer said he was going to give me a strong recommendation but I am just not feeling it right now.

I wouldn't stress. This more likely than not just means that your interviewer has not had the time to go meet with the admissions committee. I haven't heard about any correlations concerning time of response with acceptances.

Good luck to you!