2025-2026 Jefferson (Sidney Kimmel)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wishing you both the best of luck 🤞. The closer that date comes, the more impending doom I have LOL. I hope I'm in the October 15-16th round of acceptances with you guys
Same to u fam!! hahaha I'm tweaking out and feel similarly to the impending doom but hopefully we clutch up somehow
 
Wishing you both the best of luck 🤞. The closer that date comes, the more impending doom I have LOL. I hope I'm in the October 15-16th round of acceptances with you guys
When did both of y'all interview? Mine was the 9/10 date. I remember them saying that some people in this room will be waitlisted (idk if they said rejected, can't remember) which was a bit scary to hear...
 
Same to u fam!! hahaha I'm tweaking out and feel similarly to the impending doom but hopefully we clutch up somehow
I'm waiting for an October 15th acceptance (not Jefferson) and I've been having stress dreams for over a week. Every night before I fall asleep my brain has also helpfully been obsessing over each of my MMI responses lol. It's going to be a long week!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No interview yet as an IS applicant 🙁 How screwed am I??? I saw someone in the thread said that almost all their invites are sent by November, does anyone know where this information came from?
 
No interview yet as an IS applicant 🙁 How screwed am I??? I saw someone in the thread said that almost all their invites are sent by November, does anyone know where this information came from?
Here’s the user reported data from last cycle on cycle track. Keep in mind these are large underestimates of the true number of interview invites sent bc not everyone uses the cycletrack website

But yeah it’s sucks not hearing back yet as an in-stater. I’d love to go to med school close to home 🥲
8381C5E0-164B-481D-9420-FB0707E88E3C.jpeg
 
I'm waiting for an October 15th acceptance (not Jefferson) and I've been having stress dreams for over a week. Every night before I fall asleep my brain has also helpfully been obsessing over each of my MMI responses lol. It's going to be a long week!
Sardinetoast, here’s a photo of mustard sardines on wheat toast to help you get through the week.
6DDA694E-E4C0-4A4F-9B43-E1332BFAA29E.jpeg
 
For those of us who have made it to today. Stay calm, stay grounded--whatever happens, happens. Could be today, could be tomorrow. My plan is to simply live today as today--if there's a phone call, wonderful. If not, I know I did what I think was best to the best of my ability, given human frailty. Blessings upon all of us.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just realized, Wednesdays are interview day at SKMC, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get phone calls today. In fact, I would be surprised if we did. Whelp, here's to tomorrow!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think deleware is the state that Jefferson would give an advantage to (if they even give any state an advantage) because they are funded by DIMER or the Delaware Institute for Medical Education and Research
I think they mentioned this sort of thing briefly during the interview, since there might be a specific scholarship you can get if you are from PA or DE.
 
Interview day was amazing, interviews were easy conversations and made it a priority to make you feel comfortable throughout. Just be ready to talk about why Jeff!
Yes about ready to talk about Jeff... I think my answer was not as strong as it could be, and I talked about geography which I think backfired into a waitlist.
 
Yes about ready to talk about Jeff... I think my answer was not as strong as it could be, and I talked about geography which I think backfired into a waitlist.
I wasn't asked this question in either of my interviews. I don't think one response would make or break an application, so don't sweat it too much. I hope the waitlist -> A for you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did they call you? and congrats! the turnaround time was so short!
They called me at around 2 pm CST. I didn't answer since I was in another interview and saw the voicemail lol. And thank you, I was incredibly surprsied to hear back so soon. Feeling very grateful and happy. Good luck to you!