Jefferson waitlist: does anyone have any info.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newdude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So when does jefferson's start taking people off the waitlist.

anyone who has been on their waitlist, have you been accepted this year.

any info. regarding how the school handel's it's waitlist would be greatly appreciated.

thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

newdude said:
So when does jefferson's start taking people off the waitlist.

anyone who has been on their waitlist, have you been accepted this year.

any info. regarding how the school handel's it's waitlist would be greatly appreciated.

thank you so much

dang, no response.

okay, is anyone on SDN waitlisted at jefferson.

has anyone called them regarding when they may make offers to people in the alternate pool.

it's sad that i have to respond to my own thread to keep it on first page in hopes that someone will see it and respond to it. :(

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
like i said sad.

I'll respond with nothing useful...I don't think anyone knows. It will probably happen after they are done interviewing. To find this out you can always call the admissions office, I'm sure they will tell you stuff.

Good Luck.

does JMC have waitlist or does it have catagories like:

high priority waitlist
waitlist

i thought it was a pool and therefore unranked, it seems from last year's thread that there are rankings

JMC is a ***** when it comes to numbers. They automatically reject/waitlist/other...end up not accepting....if you have a 7 or below on any MCAT section. So you could have a 37 (15, 15, 7) with a 4.0 at Harvard and a phd from Johns Hopkins and end up getting rejected.

Sometimes, they'll put you on the waitlist or even interview just to make sure they keep up appearances that "they look past the numbers" but end up rejecting those people anyway.

What a bunch of ******/hoes!

i have a question about the waitlist.....how were you notified you were on it? did they let you know by mail?

I heart Biology said:
i have a question about the waitlist.....how were you notified you were on it? did they let you know by mail?

Alternate List here as well...interviewed in Feb....got it via snail mail about 3 weeks after I interviewed......asked what other schools I interviewed at and where Jeff stands on my list, which caught me off guard...didn't elaborate enough on my love for the program bc I didn't want to sound fake...oh well, more waiting more waiting.

[They do have a high priority waitlist. My friend is on it and was notified snail mail. They also have a standard waitlist. Also notified by snail mail. SmoothNC: If you really like the program, email callahan and tell her. She loves to hear that stuff. Maybe that will help you move up the list.

PittMedicine said:
JMC is a ***** when it comes to numbers. They automatically reject/waitlist/other...end up not accepting....if you have a 7 or below on any MCAT section. So you could have a 37 (15, 15, 7) with a 4.0 at Harvard and a phd from Johns Hopkins and end up getting rejected.

Sometimes, they'll put you on the waitlist or even interview just to make sure they keep up appearances that "they look past the numbers" but end up rejecting those people anyway.

What a bunch of ******/hoes!

if you think jeff is unlike every other medical school out there, you are kidding yourself. every med school has to have some kind of ranking system to offer interviews... they get thousands of apps and if there wasnt some kind of numbers game (an initial one anyway) it would take most schools years to get through the pile.

SmoothNC said:
Jeff stands on my list, which caught me off guard...didn't elaborate enough on my love for the program bc I didn't want to sound fake...oh well, more waiting more waiting.

My advisor informed me that in past years they have kept track of people who write to them to update them/show interest and it has an effect on who they move off the waitlist. obivously they don't want people calling several times a week, but they like to know who is interested. If they pick someone of the waitlist, they want to be sure that person will attend their school. So writing a letter saying why you're interested or a good fit probably will help you

I was also placed on the High Priority List at Jefferson. I have already been accepted at PCOM and they need a $2000 deposit by May 15th, so I'm starting to panic. I emailed Dr. Callahan, so hopefully she will have some good news for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Courtney,

Have you gotten any news from Jeff? I am high priority as well but was hoping to know something soon. Anybody have any info?

Courtney3 said:
I was also placed on the High Priority List at Jefferson. I have already been accepted at PCOM and they need a $2000 deposit by May 15th, so I'm starting to panic. I emailed Dr. Callahan, so hopefully she will have some good news for me.

My friend just got off the waitlist today. She told me that they are just NOW starting to take people off the waitlist.

good luck!

Have you gotten any news from Jeff? I am high priority as well but was hoping to know something soon. Anybody have any info?

I haven't heard anything as of yet. I emailed Dr. Callahan to inform her that I am still interested and she told me to keep in touch periodically. I just hope to hear something soon. Keep your fingers crossed. Where you excepted anywhere else?

No I haven't been yet...high priority at upstate and jefferson, waitlisted at UVM and UNECOM and just interviewed at UMDNJ SOM. I just want an acceptance anywhere at this point. Its frustrating.

has anyone else been taken off the waitlist here or have anymore information?!?!?!

No word for me still Danesh. Sent a letter of intent to Dr. Callahan and I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next few weeks. I probably will call next week at some point just to see if they have any updates to offer. Good luck to you! I think its a good sign if someone got pulled this past week so I'm hoping for the best! :)

aau22 said:
No word for me still Danesh. Sent a letter of intent to Dr. Callahan and I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next few weeks. I probably will call next week at some point just to see if they have any updates to offer. Good luck to you! I think its a good sign if someone got pulled this past week so I'm hoping for the best! :)

BUMP!

Anyone hear any news from Jefferson yet? I'm still waiting. Keep your fingers crossed.

Yea Jefferson is just now getting done with their classes they should be telling you guys everything in the next few weeks. Im not guranteening it but I was at Jefferson on friday and they were still pretty busy with grades and what not.

I just got the call today! So it looks like they are moving.

Nice im hoping to finish my undergrad at Jefferson.

anybody else hear anything?

that much huh? then how much people are even on the jefferson high priority waitlist if nobody really cares about updating this thread

i'm on the high priority list and i care very much about this thread except i have no news to add...except that after emailing the dean twice (one with letter of intent), sending an additional LOR, and calling i am still waiting for a phone call.

HC05nmd said:
i'm on the high priority list and i care very much about this thread except i have no news to add...except that after emailing the dean twice (one with letter of intent), sending an additional LOR, and calling i am still waiting for a phone call.

i guess they are being slow? i sent multiple letters, email and mail... and calling.... still nothing... i just hope there will be a spot left more sometime in the future...hopefully today...lol

danesh23 said:
i guess they are being slow? i sent multiple letters, email and mail... and calling.... still nothing... i just hope there will be a spot left more sometime in the future...hopefully today...lol

haha I agree with the hoping it is today...i saw on another post that someone had been called this week, but other than that not much noise. so the accepted waitlisters are either not on sdn or not posting. or there have not been very many. perhaps next week :luck:

HI guys,

I am hanging with you on the high priority list. I sent in a letter of intent as well and I am sitting hoping my phone will ring every day :) Maybe there isn't much movement yet? I havent tried calling yet since I emailed and sent the letter. Maybe today will be the day for one of us :)

aau22 said:
HI guys,

I am hanging with you on the high priority list. I sent in a letter of intent as well and I am sitting hoping my phone will ring every day :) Maybe there isn't much movement yet? I havent tried calling yet since I emailed and sent the letter. Maybe today will be the day for one of us :)

This is really getting discouraging. It wasn't the day for me either. How does it work at this point anyway? Does Callhahan make the decision or does the whole Admissions Committee sit and review the waitlist. I'm starting to wonder if being "High Priority" really means anything.

well, i think it does mean something....i think we just need to be patient and wait for them because the list is not ranked or anything

If it is unranked, i don't understand how they decide who to pull from it? Is it just random???

aau22 said:
If it is unranked, i don't understand how they decide who to pull from it? Is it just random???

It seems to me that it HAS to be ranked. If it isn't, how do they decide who to take off the list? Do they just blindly reach into the filing cabinet and pull out a file and that lucky person gets in? I doubt it.

aertzin said:
It seems to me that it HAS to be ranked. If it isn't, how do they decide who to take off the list? Do they just blindly reach into the filing cabinet and pull out a file and that lucky person gets in? I doubt it.

i think that it is whoever expresses a lot of interest, good stats and good interview

danesh23 said:
i think that it is whoever expresses a lot of interest, good stats and good interview

Well, if so, then those on the waitlist are ranked on the basis of those criteria.

Not trying to be argumentative, but like I said, there has to be some method by which they differentiate those who will get in from those who will not.

aertzin said:
Well, if so, then those on the waitlist are ranked on the basis of those criteria.

Not trying to be argumentative, but like I said, there has to be some method by which they differentiate those who will get in from those who will not.

when did you interview and get the notice that you were on the waitlist? i interviewed on april 12th and recieved notice about 2 weeks later

I think that its just going slow now...i dont know why.. maybe they need to have a meeting or something... or this maybe just a really bad sign ... i just dont know...i called them and they cant supply me with any useful info... so im just going to patient... i am 3 other waitlists but jefferson is my #1 choice

danesh23 said:
when did you interview and get the notice that you were on the waitlist? i interviewed on april 12th and recieved notice about 2 weeks later

I think that its just going slow now...i dont know why.. maybe they need to have a meeting or something... or this maybe just a really bad sign ... i just dont know...i called them and they cant supply me with any useful info... so im just going to patient... i am 3 other waitlists but jefferson is my #1 choice

I interviewed in early February. Received the waitlist letter about two weeks later. So, I've been waiting a LONG time. Jeff is also my first choice. I hope you're right ... that it's just a slow process and that you and I are both going to get good news soon!

Hey guys,

I went April 4 and was hopeful bc everyone says the Jeff waitlist sees such great movement usually. Maybe they are just waiting and getting things together before they make a lot of calls I hope. Any idea how many people are on the HP wailist?

aau22 said:
Hey guys,

I went April 4 and was hopeful bc everyone says the Jeff waitlist sees such great movement usually. Maybe they are just waiting and getting things together before they make a lot of calls I hope. Any idea how many people are on the HP wailist?

i wish i knew but i am hopeful because it has such a large class size so we have a better chance than at other schools

Maybe today is the day guys...Good luck! :)

aau22 said:
Maybe today is the day guys...Good luck! :)

i hope so...lol...its a friday...maybe they feel the need to do so

danesh23 said:
i hope so...lol...its a friday...maybe they feel the need to do so

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us. Wouldn't that make make our weekend!!! :)

aertzin said:
Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us. Wouldn't that make make our weekend!!! :)

so i take it that only the 3 of us are on the high priority waitlist on SDN? i know there are more but they dont want to reveal themselves...lol

danesh23 said:
so i take it that only the 3 of us are on the high priority waitlist on SDN? i know there are more but they dont want to reveal themselves...lol

Cowards! They should come out into the light of day and publicly suffer along with us.

Looks like no calls for us this week. Maybe next week .....

aertzin said:
Cowards! They should come out into the light of day and publicly suffer along with us.

Looks like no calls for us this week. Maybe next week .....

Nothing new. Just retrieving this thread from p. 4 of the forum. Maybe this will be the week .... Good luck to all (three of us)!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

hey, do you guys know if the mcats at jefferson are averaged instead of taking the higher score?

packitinstan said:
hey, do you guys know if the mcats at jefferson are averaged instead of taking the higher score?

i dont think any school averages the scores.... i think that they take the more recent and more higher mcat whole into consideration...they look at the big picture rather than just one thing....

also.... where else are the people who are waitlisted at Jefferson are also waitlisted at? i have 3 but would prefer to go to jefferson, they are MSU, MUO and meharry...