JHU Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rackd8ball

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone with me? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey rackd8ball, that's awesome! Congrats!! :clap:

I'm still waiting to hear back from Hopkins - they said at my interview that I should hear in the first week of April. (Such a long time to wait :scared: ) Hopkins is awesome though - I loved it when I was there! The 4th year students really sold me on the school - they were all so humble and yet so enthusiastic about Hopkins.

Anyways, did you just find out? That's so exciting. Best of luck with everything! :)

I'm in the same boat as you Elizabeth. First week of April; I'm already nervous....:)

-Ice

Members don't see this ad :)
Ice-

What day did you interview? Maybe we were there the same day!

I interviewed on March 4th. What about you?

-Ice

Feb. 13 - jeez why do you get to hear so much quicker after interviewing? Lucky! This wait has been killing me. I guess it probably just depends on when the adcom meets. :rolleyes:

Anyways, best of luck to you!! :)

Hey ice_23!

I interviewed March 5th. I was highly impressed by everything. I even rubbed the huge statute of Jesus's right toe for good luck as my tour guide told me first years do before an exam. I loved the 4th years, My interviewers were sooo awesome. I was told early to mid-April to hear from them. My birthday is April 11th so an acceptance would be a great gift.

oh DUH Good luck everyone! :D

I'm with you, rackd8ball! :)
Got a phone call today!

I interviewed on 2/13 and haven't heard anything ... I thought we weren't supposed to hear for a while, but I guess they're running ahead of schedule?? :( Oh man, now I'm really worried. I loved Hopkins and I was really hoping for good news from them.

I dream of going to St. Johns Hopkins everyday. For you it is a reality. You are very lucky to go there.

Congrats to those people who have been accepted to Hopkins and plan to go! Everything about Hopkins is awesome. Regardless, if I get in or not, I had a great interview experience there and wish everyone the best. Hopkins really tries to make a phenomenal class and they have succeeded from what I have seen from the first years and fourth years I met. I hope you enjoy your time there. :)

Originally posted by dustyrze
I'm with you, rackd8ball! :)
Got a phone call today!

What was I thinking?! I forgot to say congrats!!! That's awesome - enjoy it, I'm sure you've earned it. Hopkins is an awesome place to be. :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DrJ2B
Hey ice_23!

I interviewed March 5th. I was highly impressed by everything. I even rubbed the huge statute of Jesus's right toe for good luck as my tour guide told me first years do before an exam. I loved the 4th years, My interviewers were sooo awesome. I was told early to mid-April to hear from them. My birthday is April 11th so an acceptance would be a great gift.

Rubbing Jesus' toes?

I'd rather pass.....

Thanks, Elizabeth1028! :)
I interviewed on 2/5, so you'll probably be hearing back soon, too. GL!

I received that long prayed for called from Dean White last night. I'm so excited. I wish all of you still waiting the best of luck. I hope your medical school dreams come true, as mine have.

Newfie.

For those interested, I interviewed on 1/23.

Congrats Newfie! The phone call is kind of unreal. Dean White says that the most common response to his call is "This is some joke right?"

Hope to see all you prospective JHU-ers at revisit weekend. =)

Thanks, Summervaction. My wife and I will be at the secondlook weekend. I'll see you there.

Newfie

Congrats Newfie! That rocks! :clap:

I still haven't heard anything back from JHU, but my interview was later than yours. Every time I try to imagine what I would do if I got the phone call, I mostly see myself fainting (hey, blood and guts don't make me faint, but an acceptance to JHU - I wouldn't be surprised!) :p

Best of luck with everything

Hey Elizabeth1028! Waiting for this decision too, huh? Good luck with JHU and Yale!

Originally posted by Cuteasaurus
Hey Elizabeth1028! Waiting for this decision too, huh? Good luck with JHU and Yale!

Thanks - good luck to you too! Hopefully this painful waiting period will end soon (and end well!) :)

Hey all,

I'm in for JHU, my girlfriend and I will be attending the revisit weekend (all the way from Arizona).

I still have that Harvard acceptance nagging me, but I keep finding myself drawn more to Hopkins every day;)

Hope to see all the happy accepted people there!

Congrats to everyone, and good luck to those that are waiting!

:D

Thanks, Elizabeth1028. I hope you hear good news soon!

BTW, I can't remember when Dean White said the revisit weekend was. I know he told me on the phone, but I was probably focusing on just breathing at the time. Anyone know what the dates are? Thanks.

Hey Newfie!

Congrats! :clap: At the Greeter's meeting at Reed Hall, I was told by the first years, some of which were planning the revisit weekend, that it would be in April somewhere in the 20s. I am not sure if an exact date has been finalized, but that is the estimate I was given. Have fun! Perhaps, I will see you there if I get in. I hear in mid-April! :scared:

The dates for revisit weekend are April 23-25. I got the letter some time ago, it looks fairly well put together.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks, DJ2B and getianshi. Hope you hear wonderful news soon, DJ2B. I'll see you there getianshi.
Newfie

Just bumping to see if anyone has heard anything lately. :)

Anyone else going to revisit weekend? I'm gonna try my best to go, but my senior paper is due the following monday ... hmm, senior paper or revisit weekend?

Also, is anyone else set already on Hopkins? It'd be great to start meeting some of my fellow classmates. PM me if you are

-Steve