job offer during application cycle

Started by dr.dar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dr.dar

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently was offered a position to work as a clinical technician at a very good and well known hospital. I worked as a clinical technician before but stopped working to do my post-bac. I was also offered a position as a transplant coordinator where I would be working with patients in different hospitals. I'm having a hard time deciding which one to take. I am currently in the application cycle right now and would like to take the job that would look more appealing to medical schools. Any advice helps! Thank you.
 
I don't think it matters. Just be up front that you intend to leave if you get a nod.

If it were me, I'd take the transplant gig, I think it will give you more to talk about in the future.