Jobs galore!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright - what are these locums jobs paying ?

I know we are paying traveling RNs > 200/ hr currently. Can locums pathologists even beat this ?

I hear about these opportunities too but if they are paying crap what good is that.

I inquired about a locums position: $105 an hour.

6CC7EF14-E94A-46D1-8EEE-CCC3729077A2.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got this post - maybe $200/hr or less depending on the hours?
Are you available to work Pathology Locums in Houston? $1600 per day. Some weeks have on-call needs with additional compensation. Mix of cases. Some weeks are for AP CP. Other weeks need GI or GU or Breast expertise.
 
Just got this post - maybe $200/hr or less depending on the hours?
Are you available to work Pathology Locums in Houston? $1600 per day. Some weeks have on-call needs with additional compensation. Mix of cases. Some weeks are for AP CP. Other weeks need GI or GU or Breast expertise.
Better than $840 a day lol. This position was for Midwest btw. Not a desirable city to live in either.
 
So I’ve tons of jobs opening for locum workers. You have the ability to work in any state temporarily and we will pay for housing licensing and travel.

And THIS is the kind of crap you pay. I will almost GUARAN -GD-TEE you that your managerial staff makes a hell of a lot more than this. How the worm has turned! Perhaps- - -,
forget it. I’d get banned.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Being honest locum is best when you’re just getting out of residency because you don’t have much responsibilities that have a family and you can travel anywhere in a country for a short period time take time off and still make more money than those who have a permanent job at the hospital. And it’s also great for people who are retiring and their kids are at college they can also travel as well as do their practice in different cities and take time off whenever they want and work whenever they want.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Other hospitals and clinics might offer a different rate. Might be higher or lower. It depends on what being offer.
 
That rate I would say is reasonable for an AP/Dermpath. However, in my area the rate for a general AP/CP is around 1,000/day.

Yeah $1000 a day sucks even more so if you’re living in a high cost city . Dermpath is different story. That rate does sound reasonable esp if your pushing dermpath.
 
CompHealth quoted me anywhere from 1800-2300/day for a pathologist. As far as what the pathologist's cut is... I have no idea. I haven't checked in recent months, but I am pretty sure that the daily rate is still around that ballpark.
 
CompHealth quoted me anywhere from 1800-2300/day for a pathologist. As far as what the pathologist's cut is... I have no idea. I haven't checked in recent months, but I am pretty sure that the daily rate is still around that ballpark.
Do you think that is acceptable?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Saw this on LinkedIn - thought it was relevant to the locums discussion here - looks like the average locums firm makes more than what they give to the pathologist! This was from a post from a locums agency that charges a flat rate (not % based) for staffing. You can PM me for more information about the firm if you're interested (*disclaimer - I am not associated to this firm, just a connection on LI).
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 5.57.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 5.57.53 PM.png
 
Saw this on LinkedIn - thought it was relevant to the locums discussion here - looks like the average locums firm makes more than what they give to the pathologist! This was from a post from a locums agency that charges a flat rate (not % based) for staffing. You can PM me for more information about the firm if you're interested (*disclaimer - I am not associated to this firm, just a connection on LI).
View attachment 354061View attachment 354062

Saw that too. But when i see splashy adds directed at those who feel underpaid/ desperate I just see it as a fancified way to reap more money from our labors. Talk is cheap.
 
Saw this on LinkedIn - thought it was relevant to the locums discussion here - looks like the average locums firm makes more than what they give to the pathologist! This was from a post from a locums agency that charges a flat rate (not % based) for staffing. You can PM me for more information about the firm if you're interested (*disclaimer - I am not associated to this firm, just a connection on LI).
View attachment 354061View attachment 354062
I 100% believe it. I do think the good times are coming to an end for these agencies. I have heard from many they can't find any pathologists. The only way that will change is if they pay more.
 
I 100% believe it. I do think the good times are coming to an end for these agencies. I have heard from many they can't find any pathologists. The only way that will change is if they pay more.

And fewer paths in the pool will go a long way.