You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Johns Hopkins 2015 Internship
Started by RxDawg14
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
HelloSent in my app earlier this month, wondering if any of y'all have as well. The latest we can hear back from getting an interview is December 31st! Hopefully I won't have to wait that long to get a reply.
I'm interested in applying to this program for next summer. Is there anyway you can give me some information about the timeframe and process to get it started? Thank you in advance
Hello
I'm interested in applying to this program for next summer. Is there anyway you can give me some information about the timeframe and process to get it started? Thank you in advance
Here's the link to the info http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE4Xk5osIeFCIx1dhbG-KTmbkocTg
I think applications are due in early November or something. It's earlier than most applications are due.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you. I'm just looking to gather some information for next year.Here's the link to the info http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE4Xk5osIeFCIx1dhbG-KTmbkocTg
I think applications are due in early November or something. It's earlier than most applications are due.
Apps were due the second Tuesday of November to apply for the 2015 internship. I would imagine it would be the same framework for 2016. I had to write a Letter of Intent as well as get 2 letters of Rec (+ send in my CV).
Also, the program is only for Pharm D students.
If you are current pre pharmacy students, I would highly encourage to take the time to get a pharm tech position at a local chain store and get that experience first.
Also, the program is only for Pharm D students.
If you are current pre pharmacy students, I would highly encourage to take the time to get a pharm tech position at a local chain store and get that experience first.
I'm in pharmacy school at the moment. Didn't get a chance to change my status. Sorry for the confusion
D
deleted390966
.
Last edited by a moderator:
I applied..had a bit trouble with one of my references but everything was submitted on time thankfully. I am hopeful.
How are you going to pay for housing while you're on internship in Baltimore?
I know some of the interns last year sublet from students at University of Maryland. I'm not sure what the others did. I can ask around if you're interested.
I am also waiting to hear a response back! Hope I get to meet you all!
Last edited:
Still haven't....Although I did get a missed call from a MD Area Code last night at 7 pm....on a Saturday. No voicemail though 🙁18 more days of waiting! Post if you hear anything.
I had trouble with a reference as well. It happens.I applied..had a bit trouble with one of my references but everything was submitted on time thankfully. I am hopeful.
Still haven't....Although I did get a missed call from a MD Area Code last night at 7 pm....on a Saturday. No voicemail though 🙁
Make sure you call back. I doubt it makes a difference on their decision to interview you. It might not have even been them. Do a google search on the number.
Yeah they said they would let us know via email :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I keep having a heart attack though everytime I see 1 new gmail message LOL
Just got an email for an interview! Good luck to everyone 🙂
Just got an email for an interview! Good luck to everyone 🙂
I got one this morning too! When is yours scheduled for?
the 9th! How about you? Congrats!!!
From whom did you receive an email?I got one this morning too! When is yours scheduled for?
I received my e-mail today at work informing me of an interview!! Beyond excited.
Congrats!!! I really hope we all get to meet eachother! When is your interview?
I received an email for an interview =) I picked January 12th out of the options. P2 here from LECOM
I received an email for an interview =) I picked January 12th out of the options. P2 here from LECOM
Congrats! Which date options were you given? I was only given the option of January 9th but had a few different times to choose from.
Congrats! Which date options were you given? I was only given the option of January 9th but had a few different times to choose from.
I was given the options of the 12th and 13th. But I work the 13th so my only option was the 12th.
I'm a P2 from Cincinnati. I haven't e-mailed them back yet because of the holiday, but my dates were 27th or 28th. I don't know why so late, but I'm happy it will allow me to do the interview at school probably. Super excited, and hopefully I get to meet you guys.
I'm a P2 from Cincinnati. I haven't e-mailed them back yet because of the holiday, but my dates were 27th or 28th. I don't know why so late, but I'm happy it will allow me to do the interview at school probably. Super excited, and hopefully I get to meet you guys.
Congrats 🙂 Wow the 27 or the 28th? Maybe they just have a a lot of applicants?
Congrats 🙂 Wow the 27 or the 28th? Maybe they just have a a lot of applicants?
Yeah, I know last year they had approximately 180 applicants, and "less than 100" received interviews. It seems like Monday and Tuesday's of the weeks are big days for interviews with approximately 10 slots between the two so it makes sense, I guess.
Yeah, I know last year they had approximately 180 applicants, and "less than 100" received interviews. It seems like Monday and Tuesday's of the weeks are big days for interviews with approximately 10 slots between the two so it makes sense, I guess.
Do you think more students applied this year?
I hope we all get in, it would be an amazing experience. I really want to get the pediatric inpatient
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I know last year they had approximately 180 applicants, and "less than 100" received interviews. It seems like Monday and Tuesday's of the weeks are big days for interviews with approximately 10 slots between the two so it makes sense, I guess.
AHH thats so crazy 100 people? Dang!
It's probably a comparable amount. I hope we all get in, as well. I would like to do the critical care site. I do Med Rec's in the Emergency Department at the hospital I work at, and really enjoy it.Do you think more students applied this year?
I hope we all get in, it would be an amazing experience. I really want to get the pediatric inpatient
I should've gone to this school
I should've gone to this school
Hopkins? They don't have a PharmD program
Hopkins? They don't have a PharmD program
I know
For those of you who interviewed today on the 9th, was it through Skype or as a phone interview? I interviewed today and was just curious to see if everyone else who also interviewed today had a phone interview instead of Skype.the 9th! How about you? Congrats!!!
Last edited:
For those of you who interviewed today on the 9th, was it through Skype or as a phone interview? I interviewed today and was just curious to see if everyone else who also interviewed today had a phone interview instead of Skype.
I thought it was supposed to be on Skype? Did they tell it was going to be on Skype and just ended up calling you? Mine is on Monday...
Prepare for both just in case
Did you have your phone on you at all? Or did she leave a voicemail?
Did you have your phone on you at all? Or did she leave a voicemail?
Prepare for both just in case
Did you have your phone on you at all? Or did she leave a voicemail?
pharmprincess10, I sent you a message! Check your inbox 🙂
I thought it was supposed to be on Skype? Did they tell it was going to be on Skype and just ended up calling you? Mine is on Monday...
How did it go!!?!?
Hi everyone! I'm new here but I just wanted to wish everyone good luck on their interviews! =)
Mine ended up being over the phone as well. (I'm kind of disappointed that we couldn't do it over skype. I couldn't really tell what their reactions were so I have no idea how well (or badly) it went. I guess we'll see next month right?)
Mine ended up being over the phone as well. (I'm kind of disappointed that we couldn't do it over skype. I couldn't really tell what their reactions were so I have no idea how well (or badly) it went. I guess we'll see next month right?)
2 more weeks of waiting!!!
First week of February!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah mid feb? Maybe they were gonna start feb and eventually tell everyone by mid feb?
dbarth youll do great 🙂
dbarth youll do great 🙂
I was told mid-Feb too. I know last year they found out like 2/17
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K