You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Johns Hopkins 2015 Internship
Started by RxDawg14
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My ranking was
1. Critical Care
2. Pediatric
3. Adult Inpatient
1. Critical Care
2. Pediatric
3. Adult Inpatient
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Critical Care
2. Arcade outpatient pharmacy with pediatric compounding
3. Education training and personnel development
2. Arcade outpatient pharmacy with pediatric compounding
3. Education training and personnel development
Hi Everyone!
I just had my interview this morning. There were three people in the room but only Irish asked the questions. I'm not sure how many interviews they have left to complete. I was told by Irish that we would hear back by mid-February. I wonder if the people that interviewed first will be told sooner since I've read some of you were told you would hear back by the first week of February. Either way, good luck to everyone!!! 🙂
I just had my interview this morning. There were three people in the room but only Irish asked the questions. I'm not sure how many interviews they have left to complete. I was told by Irish that we would hear back by mid-February. I wonder if the people that interviewed first will be told sooner since I've read some of you were told you would hear back by the first week of February. Either way, good luck to everyone!!! 🙂
Congrats to everyone whose finished their interview! Was everyone's interviews via phone or Skype?
I interviewed back on the first week of January, which I think was their first day to conduct interviews, and I was told that I would hear back by mid-February, so I'm guessing we are all in the same boat! Good luck to everyone! 🙂
I interviewed back on the first week of January, which I think was their first day to conduct interviews, and I was told that I would hear back by mid-February, so I'm guessing we are all in the same boat! Good luck to everyone! 🙂
Congrats to everyone whose finished their interview! Was everyone's interviews via phone or Skype?
I interviewed back on the first week of January, which I think was their first day to conduct interviews, and I was told that I would hear back by mid-February, so I'm guessing we are all in the same boat! Good luck to everyone! 🙂
I think she said on the phone we would hear back starting the first week of February and everyone would know by mid feb, but now I can't remember...all I know is that I was so nervous lol. And mine was via phone!
I heard they said the first two weeks of February. My interview was through the phone as well, but… they ended up calling me at 10:30am instead of the scheduled 11:00am. Needless to say, I was caught off guard for a bit!
Yes!! I heard starting the first week too! Phew...im glad I wasn't the only one! When did you interview? I was the first week!
Yeah I felt so bad because I thought it was going to be a Skype interview so I had my phone on silent and missed the call. I really wasn't expecting a phone call!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did any of you guys apply for the Mayo Clinic? A friend of mine applied for both and interviewed last week and has already heard back from them! Why can't Hopkins be this fast... 🙁
I applied for the Mayo Clinic internship as well and interviewed last week. They told us we would hear back by this Friday. Did your friend get accepted to Mayo Clinic? When did he hear from them? Dang, that makes me nervous that your friend has already heard back and I haven't!
I believe they were offered an outpatient position this afternoon. I hope you hear positive news soon! Maybe Hopkins will be nice and make calls instead ha!I applied for the Mayo Clinic internship as well and interviewed last week. They told us we would hear back by this Friday. Did your friend get accepted to Mayo Clinic? When did he hear from them? Dang, that makes me nervous that your friend has already heard back and I haven't!
I believe they were offered an outpatient position this afternoon. I hope you hear positive news soon! Maybe Hopkins will be nice and make calls instead ha!
Ugh yeah I'm taking it as a bad sign that your friend already heard today, and I haven't yet 🙁 Oh well. I do agree that Mayo was super efficient in reviewing applications, interviewing, etc. quickly. I hope we all find out one way or another from JH soon! Best of luck to you!!
Ah yea you're right- thanks for the positive vibes! 🙂
I also applied for the Mayo Clinic and received a call yesterday for a position with the outpatient pharmacy. I was in shock! I believe the calls started Wednesday but somehow I missed the call (and voicemail) the first time around. I'm not sure if they started calling for the inpatient pharmacy yet so don't give up hope just yet.
I agree that Mayo Clinic was a lot quicker, I interviewed with them this past Tuesday and they already started calling back. Good luck to everyone! No matter what happens just remember, it is still awesome to be selected to interview with these programs - take it as a good sign we are heading in the right direction. Again. best of luck to everyone!!! 🙂
I agree that Mayo Clinic was a lot quicker, I interviewed with them this past Tuesday and they already started calling back. Good luck to everyone! No matter what happens just remember, it is still awesome to be selected to interview with these programs - take it as a good sign we are heading in the right direction. Again. best of luck to everyone!!! 🙂
I also applied for the Mayo Clinic and received a call yesterday for a position with the outpatient pharmacy. I was in shock! I believe the calls started Wednesday but somehow I missed the call (and voicemail) the first time around. I'm not sure if they started calling for the inpatient pharmacy yet so don't give up hope just yet.
I agree that Mayo Clinic was a lot quicker, I interviewed with them this past Tuesday and they already started calling back. Good luck to everyone! No matter what happens just remember, it is still awesome to be selected to interview with these programs - take it as a good sign we are heading in the right direction. Again. best of luck to everyone!!! 🙂
Congratulations! How many people did the Mayo Clinic internship accept for the outpatient pharmacy? I heard Mayo is a great place to be. What would you do if you were accepted to Hopkins too?
I was wondering the same thing...I know my friend wanted Mayo Clinic as option #1, so do you contact Hopkins and say you are no longer considering them so they can consider other applicants, or do you wait until you hear from them to say no? I wound't know what the "proper" thing to do is....Haha nice problem to have I guess!
Thats awesome ahhhh!!!! What time did you get the call and what choice did u get?!?!?!?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was offered the pharmacy administration position with Todd Nesbit around 4:30 this afternoon. I am thrilled to say the least!
Congrats! Was that your first choice?
I wonder if they made already made all the acceptance calls today since they only have about 15-20 calls to make 🙁
Wow man that's beyond awesome! You're going to learn so much! Where do you currently go to school out of curiosity?I was offered the pharmacy administration position with Todd Nesbit around 4:30 this afternoon. I am thrilled to say the least!
Wow man that's beyond awesome! You're going to learn so much! Where do you currently go to school out of curiosity?
I am looking forward to the opportunity! I am currently a P2 at Purdue University in Indiana.
Last edited:
Congrats!!! my panic has gone up now though...
Congrats!!! my panic has gone up now though...![]()
ME TOO! I think that it all depends on the areas you chose....sometimes it takes a little longer for some to get approved depending on the area...that's what I've heard from other threads in the past
Congrats!!! my panic has gone up now though...![]()
Yeah, I don't feel good about it now. I'm actually starting to tell the people that are asking that I don't think I got it. 🙁
People that got accepted--- are they asking you to send in your transcript?
Thank you! This year Mayo Clinic was offering four outpatient and six inpatient positions. I still have not heard anything from JH. However, Mayo is my top choice because the outpatient position allows you to rotate through six different sites to get a feel for different areas and also offers mini-rotations in specialized areas. I was also told they offer free housing and set up all the interns to live together. However both JH and Mayo Clinic have amazing pharmacy internships. JH has Dan Ashby as their pharmacy director who has won a Whitney award - the highest honor you can obtain in health-system pharmacy. Both programs are great, however given my top choice, if offered a JH position I will be declining.Congratulations! How many people did the Mayo Clinic internship accept for the outpatient pharmacy? I heard Mayo is a great place to be. What would you do if you were accepted to Hopkins too?
Just got the call!!!
Ahhh CONGRATS! What position????!!
Ahhh CONGRATS! What position????!!
Pharmacy Administrative Position =)
Pharmacy Administrative Position =)
Thats AWESOME!!!!!!
Pharmacy Administrative Position =)
Congratulations! That's awesome!! Did they say anything about if they are continuing to make calls throughout the week? I'm losing all hope!!
Who will your position be with. I feel like since today was the last day they would call people they wanted for sure 🙁 🙁 🙁 DEPRESSED!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who will your position be with. I feel like since today was the last day they would call people they wanted for sure 🙁 🙁 🙁 DEPRESSED!
Today was the last day for what? :"(
From the pattern, it seems like only administrative positions have been given out so far so don't lose hope!!!
From the pattern, it seems like only administrative positions have been given out so far so don't lose hope!!!
But based on the fact that technician's choices were not administration and she got that could mean that they are finished filling most of the main ones, and are just filling small holes now. 🙁
Don't lose hope yet everyone. My experience last year was that they try to fill the spots according to personality matching/needs of the departments/etc. Some folks who got called early on were selected for assignments they hadn't ranked.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K