July 2018 NAPLEX...got a 74

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnluckyDuck

Reaction score
Hello, I am not a foreign graduate, and came out of my NAPLEX exam feeling confident. I had made my way through RxPrep and all of it’s quizzes, and received a 106 on the Prenaplex just two days prior to my exam. As I have done with every test in college, I went home and began to look up answers to questions as a remembered them in an effort to put my mind at ease. For every question I got correct, I made a talley mark on a sheet of printer paper. As most test takers report, a large portion of my exam was math and biostats. I had taken my time on the math and biostats questions (doing every question twice), and felt confident in those answers. I tallied all questions EXCEPT for math or biostats, and I was able to tally 83 multiple choice questions (these did not include select all that apply). I thought that I was in the clear when I added these tallied questions to my strong showing in the math and biostats sections. Further, I wasn’t taking into account questions that I had gotten correct but couldn’t remember, and just the odds of getting a correct guess here and there. When I saw 74, I felt as if I had forgotten to do the back of every page on an exam. It just didn’t make any sense. I have opted to purchase the score review from NABP, and after scouring the internet I have found very few posts regarding the ultimate result of this option for others. I welcome anectdotes of others who have purchased the score review, and I intend to update my own post to give future test takers a frame of reference.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, I am not a foreign graduate, and came out of my NAPLEX exam feeling confident. I had made my way through RxPrep and all of it’s quizzes, and received a 106 on the Prenaplex just two days prior to my exam. As I have done with every test in college, I went home and began to look up answers to questions as a remembered them in an effort to put my mind at ease. For every question I got correct, I made a talley mark on a sheet of printer paper. As most test takers report, a large portion of my exam was math and biostats. I had taken my time on the math and biostats questions (doing every question twice), and felt confident in those answers. I tallied all questions EXCEPT for math or biostats, and I was able to tally 83 multiple choice questions (these did not include select all that apply). I thought that I was in the clear when I added these tallied questions to my strong showing in the math and biostats sections. Further, I wasn’t taking into account questions that I had gotten correct but couldn’t remember, and just the odds of getting a correct guess here and there. When I saw 74, I felt as if I had forgotten to do the back of every page on an exam. It just didn’t make any sense. I have opted to purchase the score review from NABP, and after scouring the internet I have found very few posts regarding the ultimate result of this option for others. I welcome anectdotes of others who have purchased the score review, and I intend to update my own post to give future test takers a frame of reference.

After your registration closed, What did your results page look like? Was there an option to purchase rescore AND score transfer?

I feel I am in the same boat and I am just so depressed and having panic attacks. I am so scared that I’ve disappointed everyone I don’t even know what to do. Please let me know how score review goes.

After your registration closed, What did your results page look like? Was there an option to purchase rescore AND score transfer?

I feel I am in the same boat and I am just so depressed and having panic attacks. I am so scared that I’ve disappointed everyone I don’t even know what to do. Please let me know how score review goes.

I know it was separate from the score transfer. I’m not quite sure how I got there initially, but if you end up needing to utilize the score review, just click “contact us” on NABP’s website, then select the chat feature, and someone there would definitely be able to walk you through it. I had to ask them a few questions about time frame and what not (it takes 2-4 weeks for them to process the score review). If you havn’t gotten your score back yet just try your best to relax and occupy yourself.

I know it was separate from the score transfer. I’m not quite sure how I got there initially, but if you end up needing to utilize the score review, just click “contact us” on NABP’s website, then select the chat feature, and someone there would definitely be able to walk you through it. I had to ask them a few questions about time frame and what not (it takes 2-4 weeks for them to process the score review). If you havn’t gotten your score back yet just try your best to relax and occupy yourself.

Hi there,

Everything will be ok. You will make it through. You will come out stronger in the end. Perhaps, it was just nerves. Did u have enough time?

Also, would you be able to pretty please click on your "CPE monitor" and comment what it says/what you see? I am in a state where they don't report scores online and the wait is killing me! Does it say anything different? Some people have said you'll know if you pass/fail by looking at the CPE monitor. Hoping to get some insight from you. Thank you in advance for ending this unbearable pain.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Don't give up! i got a 73 and was devastated and got depressed, but i kept at it, added more to my notes and tried to remember what i was unsure of on the exam. i took it again after 4 months and got a 89. keep at it!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m in the same boat .. I got a depressing 74 and I’m wondering if the rescore is pointless .. how did the rescore end up going for you?

I am in the same boat! What day did you take the test? I took the exam July 21st. GPA: 3.76. Felt confident leaving the exam. Knew I missed a few cases, but nailed all the calculations. Totally heartbroken and confused.

DID YOU END UP DOING THE RESCORE? I ALSO RECEIVED 74 AND NOT SURE IF IT'S WORTH IT TO DO THE RESCORE