June PCAT Scores are here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

All4MyDaughter

SDN Mommystrator
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I just received my June PCAT scores in the mail! :D I was napping, and dreamed they had arrived. When I woke up I asked my husband to check the mail and they were there. I'm happy!

Should we post our actual scores?

Members don't see this ad.

All4MyDaughter said:
Hello all,
I just received my June PCAT scores in the mail! :D I was napping, and dreamed they had arrived. When I woke up I asked my husband to check the mail and they were there. I'm happy!

Should we post our actual scores?

Hi There,
Where are you located? And did you get the same results as you had expected?
I would appreciate if you would let me know. I am highly worried. I am situated at Dallas, Texas.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks - All4My Daughter for letting me know. Congrats and very well done on your PCAT exam. Best wishes for the future.

Has anyone else recieved theirs yet???

Oh crap..I'm in china right now and I'm not going back home for another 3 weeks!!

is there anyway that i can check online?!

FungManX said:
Oh crap..I'm in china right now and I'm not going back home for another 3 weeks!!

is there anyway that i can check online?!

I think I read that you aren't able to access your scores through customer service until after the 6th week. Their number is 800-622-3231. I might try calling them and explain your situation, especially if you've held your mail at the post office as being out of the country.

Otherwise, as long as the person has your permission it's not illegal for someone to pick through your postal mail.

sigh...i didnt get my score yet, i think its bad =( CONGRATS ALL FOR MY DAUGHTER!!...whta abotu ALL FOR MY SON ^^ :love:

Don't fret, I didn't get it either. Only the superstars must have gotten it, seeing as I live in Kansas City, I should be the same snail mail distance from the processing plant as A4MD. :D

I suppose if I don't get it within a few weeks, I should know that it was so bad that they couldn't bare to let the score go without a few more gafahs. ;)

All4MyDaughter said:
I'm in Louisville Kentucky. I felt I had done pretty well on the test but my results came back way better than I had hoped for - 99% percentile. I've been on cloud 9 ever since!

How many do you feel you missed in each section? Or do you actually receive those figures with your percentiles? I am trying to gauge myself. Also, did you find that Kaplan PCAT was on target? Thanks for some info.

Members don't see this ad :)
All4MyDaughter said:
I'm in Louisville Kentucky. I felt I had done pretty well on the test but my results came back way better than I had hoped for - 99% percentile. I've been on cloud 9 ever since!

How many do you feel you missed in each section? Also, did you receive the number right\wrong with your percentiles? I am trying to get a good gauge of where I am at. Finally, did you find Kaplan PCAT to be on target with the actual test? Thanks for some insight.

PHARMD_Maybe? said:
How many do you feel you missed in each section? Also, did you receive the number right\wrong with your percentiles? I am trying to get a good gauge of where I am at. Finally, did you find Kaplan PCAT to be on target with the actual test? Thanks for some insight.

They don't tell you how many you got wrong.
I don't know if this will help but here are my scaled scores:

Verbal ability 479 99th percentile
Biology 498 99th percentile
Chemistry 444 95th percentile
Reading 432 90th percentile
Math 426 87th percentile
Composite 456 99th percentile

Verbal - most likely missed a only few. Not more than 3 or 5?
There were some really easy ones on there. Very few off the wall words, in my opinion.

Biology - same thing. Probably missed no more than 3-5. I studied a lot for this section.

Chemistry - there were very few actual problems, mostly just straight questions. I had only had a few weeks of Orgo I so I had a bit of trouble with those problems. I don't think there were more than 10 organic questions out of 58. I would guess that I missed 5-8?

Reading Comp - VERY annoying section. Lots of subjective questions like, "Which of these choices would make the author's argument stronger?"
I honestly don't know how many I missed.

Math - maybe 5 or 6 calculus problems I couldn't answer. By calculus, I mean the problem had a wierd symbol in it that I couldn't understand. I probably missed 7-10?

Writing section: sucked. I got a 3/5. My usage of the English language is only "adequate." Guess that's why I score at the 99th percentile in verbal ability. :laugh: :laugh: I wrote a very boring but technically correct essay. Guess the reviewer didn't like it. :rolleyes:

I think that the Kaplan book is good preparation if you have a good foundation. I took all of my pre-reqs in the last school year so everything was fresh. The only thing I hadn't had was General Bio and that had been over 10 years. So I bought the GRE biology book and read it cover to cover.

I didn't do as well on my practice Kaplan tests as I did on the actual tests. In particular, I thought the Kaplan math and chemistry sections were much harder than the real PCAT.

Hope this helps!

wow that is truly outstanding breakdown too.

I got 99 percentile overall too but my math score was quite a bit lower than I would have liked :rolleyes:

did anyone in Virginia received their score?!?! i THINKK i did bad! ahh hehe :laugh:

I think that my postman is starting to think that I'm wierd because I am looking at him with this hungry look in my eyes...Hmmm.....I hope that then come soon....

pharMchiCK said:
How Did The Pcat Scores Arrive In?

In A Big Envelope? Brown Envelope?

If you get a 99, I've heard it comes with a golden ticket. For the rest of us, a plain vanilla envelope. :D

crossjb said:
If you get a 99, I've heard it comes with a golden ticket. For the rest of us, a plain vanilla envelope. :D

Yea for you curve benders that get a 99, say 'Hi' to Willy for the rest of us schmucks! :D

crossjb said:

a golden ticket to see johnny depp look as :Scary: as possible ?

thanks but no thanks.

this is a random rant but i would n ot watch that remake if someone paid me 100 dollars.

My score is here, but before I share w/ y'all, I've got a question: I score to my satisfaction in every single section except Reading Comprehension (I've got 50%, 400) which is unexpectedly low (But I can very well explain what happened, it was toward the end of the first period and the room I was in was freezing to death & I was just mentally exhausted. Anyone took it in Austin? surely you can relate to that). My Verbal and Writing score are satisfactory. Do you think this will send a red flag to the admission? I hate to re-take it because all of the other sections scores very well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

hi all4mydaughter,
i really worked hard in biology but i got 75 percentile. i did the anatomy part alot, and it was not even asked. they had asked ecology. can u suggest where should i do biology from. and also, what books did u study to get such a good score. i only got a 79 percentile.
thanks..
gunjan.

I retook the PCAT. My scores drop 20 points, I'm not joking. My composite was decent at a 87, but now it's a 70. The last time I took it was Oct. 2004. Is this recent PCAT score a death sentence for me?

My GPA is okay- it's a 3.6. I think the drop was due to me withdrawing in the middle of the fall 2004 semester cause I was hospitalized for awhile. And I just went to a community college- I didn't take science or math courses during that time.

I really worried that I won't even get an interview. I know it will be a major red flag. I live in Houston, TX by the way. I was crying when I saw my scores.

Christie

I am speaking as a nobody but i don't anyone can think that they are doomed. there are certain things that pharmacy school have to look for but i think that like any school they want a bit of diversity. and anyways you can take the pcat in october again. im applying to UH too (and the others in texas) and good luck!

I got my golden ticket!

My PCAT scores arrived today:

verbal 496 99%
biology 498 99%
reading 440 95%
quant 419 81%
chem 429 87%
composite 456 99%

YAY!!!

My envelope was open, so I guess my $1000 bill dropped out. :p

Congrats Down on the Pharm! I have one question, since we are in OK, are you applying at SWOSU or OU? Im asking b/c my score wasnt near that high and I want to know what Im up against!
DownonthePharm said:
I got my golden ticket!

verbal 496 99%
biology 498 99%
reading 440 95%
quant 419 81%
chem 429 87%
composite 456 99%

YAY!!!

my first post. whatup future rx'ers. just got my june scores today. well i didnt hit 99% but i did break 90 composite. for those planning on taking a later test date, i used peterson's and barrons to study, but needed a supplement (textbook) for anatomy, and wasn't that well prepared for the random trig questions that popped up. other than that, the books were handy, peterson's more so than barrons.

rougemarie said:
... Reading Comprehension (I've got 50%, 400) which is unexpectedly low ...
I'm always amazed at how few scaled score points separate the percentile points. Rougemarie received a scaled score of 400 in Reading Comprehension and received a percentile ranking of 50%. Others scored 467 and received percentile rankings of 99%. Such a narrow range.

Congratulations DownonthePharm! My envelope was open too when I received my scores. Strange...

DownonthePharm said:
I got my golden ticket!

verbal 496 99%
biology 498 99%
reading 440 95%
quant 419 81%
chem 429 87%
composite 456 99%

YAY!!!

FINALLY!!

Verbal ability 479/99%
Biology 463/99%
Reading Comprehension 450/98%
Quantitative Ability 401/55% :eek:
Chemistry 429/87%

Composite 444/98%
Writing score 4/5

Okay, I pretty much expected the Quant to be bad (she called 5 minutes and I had about 20 problems left) I feel I could have done better on quant and chemistry both, it was a time issue, and I had never taken the test before and did not know what to expect.

Advice:
Would you retake with a 55% in Quant but everything else in above 98% ? I don't think I'm going to retake it. I think everyone's entitled to ONE bad section.... there are all kinds of issues like room was freezing cold, lost track of time, got hungry before the break, etc. What do you guys think? I know rougemarie had a similar question..... Retake for one bad section if others are all good and composite is 98%????

DHG said:
FINALLY!!

Verbal ability 479/99%
Biology 463/99%
Reading Comprehension 450/98%
Quantitative Ability 401/55% :eek:
Chemistry 429/87%

Composite 444/98%
Writing score 4/5

Okay, I pretty much expected the Quant to be bad (she called 5 minutes and I had about 20 problems left) I feel I could have done better on quant and chemistry both, it was a time issue, and I had never taken the test before and did not know what to expect.

Advice:
Would you retake with a 55% in Quant but everything else in above 98% ? I don't think I'm going to retake it. I think everyone's entitled to ONE bad section.... there are all kinds of issues like room was freezing cold, lost track of time, got hungry before the break, etc. What do you guys think? I know rougemarie had a similar question..... Retake for one bad section if others are all good and composite is 98%????
DHG:
Your Chemistry score (87%) is high enough to compensate your Quantitative Analysis (55%). Moreover, your major is science (BioChemistry, I remember so!). You are more secured as your Composite (98%) and Writing (4/5) are so fabulous. Congratulation!

DHG said:

Same here.. instead my reading is 50%, all the others are above 90%. I'm still not sure if I can be "forgiven" considering reading is v. important component on communication.

rougemarie said:
Same here.. instead my reading is 50%, all the others are above 90%. I'm still not sure if I can be "forgiven" considering reading is v. important component on communication.

yeah, my reading was the lowest of the bunch too. i hope they throw it in w/ the verbal and writing for the bigger picture.

DHG said:
F
Advice:

I don't give two figs about math so i blew off quant and got a score very similar to yours.

I had 99 precentile overall and got in anway.

please do yourself a favor and dont retake it./

If you manage to score enough to average out to be in the top few percent then it means you are still smoking and it still looks good

I received a 99 Quantitative, but got dropped overall to a 91 by my Verbal/Reading scores.

Being a man, I guess it's right brain all they way... :D

I had decided not to share. But I'm so happy, I want to take out TV ads. :) I got a 91 overall. I feel pretty good about it, my individual scores were solid and all in the same range. Does that make me well-balanced? I'm so glad this is over with. On to the next hurdle...

Troy

Congratulations everyone!
It looks like (at least the ones posting) have done really well. :cool:

Thanks for advice aubie and others.

Good job to everyone. Hope to see some of ya'll in Chicago next year! :thumbup:

I have to say, "Congratulations!" to all those who shared their scores, very impressive percentiles there.

I finally got my scores back today, and I don't know whether I should retake it or not. Perhaps someone can give me some advice. Here are my scores:

Verbal / 389 / 33% :eek:
Biology / 427 / 86%
Reading / 381 / 23% :eek:
Quant. / 502 / 99%
Chem. / 434 / 91%

Composite / 427 / 91%
Writing 3

I'm pretty okay with my composite, but 33% verbal and 23% reading?! Retake or not, what do you guys think?

Apple said:
I have to say, "Congratulations!" to all those who shared their scores, very impressive percentiles there.

I finally got my scores back today, and I don't know whether I should retake it or not. Perhaps someone can give me some advice. Here are my scores:

Verbal / 389 / 33% :eek:
Biology / 427 / 86%
Reading / 381 / 23% :eek:
Quant. / 502 / 99%
Chem. / 434 / 91%

Composite / 427 / 91%
Writing 3

I'm pretty okay with my composite, but 33% verbal and 23% reading?! Retake or not, what do you guys think?

Your Composite (91%) is over achieved! And if you are a foreign born, then your Verbal (33%) and Reading (23%) are OK (above 23% exam takers for English) and forgiven. Your writing (3/5) is very good (again as comparing with your other two subtests). However, you still need to shopping around. Some schools require each subtest having no less 25% (such as UT Memphis), some are no less than 40% (such as Auburn), some are no less than 50% (such as Butler U.) [for each subtest].

If I were you (as a foreign born and already got accepted to a pharmacy), I would satisfy with this PCAT score. I would apply to many schools (try to apply to private schools at other states too) and send your PCAT score to pharmacy schools and PharmCAS now. Your English could improve (by learning as with NEW PCAT Verbal FORMAT i.e. Analogies and Complete the Sentense (since Oct. 2004!)). And you would meet some of those English questions again (50%), so you would get much better. REMEMBER: this time (retake this coming October, you shouldn't report to any school and PharmCAS until you have your new score in hand. This new score won't effect until next year!

Other interesting- We could mess up two subsets (as low as 30%) but still are able to hold a 90% Composite. Your PCAT score is a good example!

how do they decide the composite score anyway?

a bell curve based on your total points vs everyone elses total points or something about how many sections you scored highly in vs people who did not score as highly multiple tmes?

My Little brothers scores just came in:

VA 408 65
B 437 92
RC 426 86
QA 462 98
C 425 85
COMP 432 94

Will it hurt him that he got the 65%. Will he have a chance at competitive programs. THanks.