oldboy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2005
315
0
Status
Our acceptance/waitlist/rejection letters are all probably printed, packaged, and postmarked waiting to be mailed. :eek: :eek: :eek:
 

mkogz5

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2005
53
1
Cleveland
Status
Dentist
oldboy said:
Our acceptance/waitlist/rejection letters are all probably printed, packaged, and postmarked waiting to be mailed. :eek: :eek: :eek:
what would a waitlist decision mean, and how common is it?
 

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2004
1,050
1
36
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Status
Dental Student
I'd be surprised if there were a good number of waitlists this early in the game (first mail out). I bet we can count on much more acceptances and hopefully much less rejections... ;)
Patiently waiting...
PS: Being waitlisted basically means that if enough accepted students turn down the school down, you may have a chance at entering...if not, I know of quite a few waitlisted students who ended up reapplying the next year to the same school and gaining admission.
 
About the Ads

pOiiMiiOq

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2005
39
0
Status
Pre-Dental
oldboy said:
Our acceptance/waitlist/rejection letters are all probably printed, packaged, and postmarked waiting to be mailed. :eek: :eek: :eek:
cross all our fingers and toes...and hope for the best!
 

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
3,530
4
Shuffled off....
Status
Dental Student
dexadental said:
I'd be surprised if there were a good number of waitlists this early in the game (first mail out). I bet we can count on much more acceptances and hopefully much less rejections... ;)
Patiently waiting...
PS: Being waitlisted basically means that if enough accepted students turn down the school down, you may have a chance at entering...if not, I know of quite a few waitlisted students who ended up reapplying the next year to the same school and gaining admission.

However, isn't it true that Harvard puts tons of people on the wait list for Dec 1 since they don't like to give rejections until they've interviewed more people? That's what some people were saying....
 

sopink

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
32
0
Lincoln, NE
Status
Dental Student
haven't' most people applied that are going to apply? is it really that early in the game?
 

pOiiMiiOq

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2005
39
0
Status
Pre-Dental
sopink said:
haven't' most people applied that are going to apply? is it really that early in the game?
as far as i know...there are still people applying up til december ends. We are indeed early, but those people must be TOO confident to risk the late application. Deadlines are not until January for some schools...and that's only for AADSAS application i think...imagine the 2ndaries!!! ..in short...it is really THAT early in the game. -- and a long way to wait too. *deep breath* *breathe out* *sighz* :D
 

LadyxJC

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2004
326
0
Status
I'mFillingFine said:
However, isn't it true that Harvard puts tons of people on the wait list for Dec 1 since they don't like to give rejections until they've interviewed more people? That's what some people were saying....
I also got the impression that quite a few people get wait listed for Harvard, being that they only send out about 13 acceptances on Dec. 1~ I wonder how many rejections they send out on Dec. 1 in comparison to the amount of people they wait list.

Anyway, do they call you on Dec. 1 or is it by mail? Because I know all the previous years, they've called the students who were accepted but supposedly this year, they sending out mail?
 

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
3,530
4
Shuffled off....
Status
Dental Student
LadyxJC said:
I also got the impression that quite a few people get wait listed for Harvard, being that they only send out about 13 acceptances on Dec. 1~ I wonder how many rejections they send out on Dec. 1 in comparison to the amount of people they wait list.

Anyway, do they call you on Dec. 1 or is it by mail? Because I know all the previous years, they've called the students who were accepted but supposedly this year, they sending out mail?
I haven't heard any rumors one way or the other, but if there's only ~15 acceptances, I don't see why they wouldn't call!!! eeeeee :scared:


And what's even SCARIER than the fact that everything is mailed is the fact that they've all probably know their answer since the day you interviewed there!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
About the Ads