Just finished NBDE part II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RDAtoDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished the second day of part 2. Some of the Cases today were a little ambiguous as to treatment decisions.

Members don't see this ad.

hi...can you share your experience, for how long did you prepare for part 2 and what material you use??
in general which exam is harder part 1 or part 2 ?

Sure, I can share about my experience.

The materials I used were: the Decks 2007/2008 version, Tufft's for Pharm, Kaplan Qbank. ASDA released exams 1991-2009
I went through the decks one (except the pharm section), I read the Tufft's Pharm booklet twice, went through exams once then I did all Kaplan Qbank questions once.
Pharm was my weakest subject, party due to the fact that i took in in D2 and now Im a D4, and partly cause there are way too many drugs to remember. Other subjects I felt pretty solid in even before starting to study. I feel my school really prepared us well in most subjects.
I felt that Part I was all over the place and maybe harder than Part II. It also could be that I learned dentistry better than the subject on Part I.
Overall, the exam is pretty straight forward and not very difficult. I am not saying it was easy, but being pass/fail, its passable with confidence. I hope this helps. If you have more questions, just ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi
I wish u success
could you please send me a KAPLAN Q BANK?
[email protected]
THANKS IN ADVANCE

The materials I used were: the Decks 2007/2008 version, Tufft's for Pharm, Kaplan Qbank. ASDA released exams 1991-2009
I went through the decks one (except the pharm section), I read the Tufft's Pharm booklet twice, went through exams once then I did all Kaplan Qbank questions once.
Pharm was my weakest subject, party due to the fact that i took in in D2 and now Im a D4, and partly cause there are way too many drugs to remember. Other subjects I felt pretty solid in even before starting to study. I feel my school really prepared us well in most subjects.
I felt that Part I was all over the place and maybe harder than Part II. It also could be that I learned dentistry better than the subject on Part I.
Overall, the exam is pretty straight forward and not very difficult. I am not saying it was easy, but being pass/fail, its passable with confidence. I hope this helps. If you have more questions, just ask.

HeyRDA ..
Was there any new format ques...plzz reply...thanks..

The only questions were the
normal multiple choice

two statement questions ie.

Fluoride is an element
Fluoride is used in dentistry

both are true
both are false
1st is true 2nd is false
1st is false 2nd is true

Negative statements ie

Fluoride is NOT used in

tooth paste
dental office
home
barber shop

These were the only type of questions on my exam

The only questions were the
normal multiple choice

two statement questions ie.

Fluoride is an element
Fluoride is used in dentistry

both are true
both are false
1st is true 2nd is false
1st is false 2nd is true

Negative statements ie

Fluoride is NOT used in

tooth paste
dental office
home
barber shop

These were the only type of questions on my exam

Thanks..::):)

thank for sharing

Hi RDAtoDDS, i was wondering if the Kaplan Q bank was really useful for you and do u recommend me to buy it?
thanks for helping me

Hi RDAtoDDS, i was wondering if the Kaplan Q bank was really useful for you and do u recommend me to buy it?
thanks for helping me

Hi molar65,

I found the questions on the Kaplan Qbank very helpful, and representative of what kind of question (format and difficulty level) to expect. Should you buy it? I don't know how much it costs (my school gives us access). All i can tell you, it was the best source i used. I hope this helps.