Just found out no paid lab tops for Air Force Hpsp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucla4lifer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just searched on the AFIT website. Found the actual document outlining the whole scholarship. It said they will not cover a laptop, but they will pay for you to lease one.

I was hoping they would cover one because UCLA requires it but I guess I'll just have to buy it myself. Has anyone on SDN leased one?

Sorry I put lab top on the thread, It was a mistake. (lab top=laptop computer)

Members don't see this ad.

If the laptop is included in your school's educational expenses, just like anything else (health insurance, etc) as I've heard from numerous sources then it should be covered. A school can still require it, not include it in your financial aid, and hence it will not be covered by the HPSP.

anyone knows where and how to lease a laptop for dental school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope your right KOM but it doesn't look that way for Air Force HPSP. Go to AFIT's website and type in "HPSP covers" and there will be a pdf file. It specifically says that it will not cover laptops. But they will cover specified things needed on computer.

Or you can lease? Just not quite sure how.

The pdf is good, I don't know why my recruiter didn't just give me a copy of it. It goes over everything.

What is the website to visit? I went to afit.edu and didn't see a place to type in the phrase... sorry, it's exam week and I'm having a hard time :)

Here is the link.
http://www.afit.edu/sc/AFIT%20publications 01062006/AFITI 36-101.pdf

The thing about laptops is on page 21 in section 7.1.2

Hope it is helpful. Post if it doesn't work and I'll say how to find it. Good luck on exams

Thanks so much! It did work, that is a really good document, not sure why the recruiters don't send it out, I think it would do a better job than most recruiters with accurate information sometimes. Haha, anyway good luck to you, are you heading to UCLA for d-school in 08?

Yeah I'll start in 08. Where are you going?

Tufts as of right now, still hoping to hear back from a few more schools though before I make my final decision. Excited about AF though, I assume you will be at COT this summer? I go to Alabama so it's just a few hours from Montgomery, so I'll be driving down.

Yeah, I was hoping I'd be able to go in march but doesn't look like all my stuff will be done by then. I met a girl from alabama at my ASDOH interview. It'll probably be pretty hot there during the summer I'm guessing right?

hey guys, i was just selected for a 4 year Air Force HPSP. I will be attending either ASDOH or Nebraska in 2008. Just wondering if we can choose when we go to COT? i saw in a previous post that there is one in March and then is the next one in May? Is that right? Do we have a choice as far as which one to attend? Just curious....thanks!

After reading the pdf, I took it as if you want to randomly buy portable electronic devices (ie Labtop) then they will not pay for it but if it's a part of your fees (ie required) then they pay for it (7.1.1). Asked my recruiter and he said if laptop is required then it's paid for and also not to believe everything on that pdf because it's not updated

Yeah, I was hoping I'd be able to go in march but doesn't look like all my stuff will be done by then. I met a girl from alabama at my ASDOH interview. It'll probably be pretty hot there during the summer I'm guessing right?

Indeed it will be scorching I'm sure... the humidity is the worst. It's been abnormally warm here this week, in the high 70's, even around 80 a few days ago :rolleyes: But it should be good, apparently we stay in hotel-like rooms and I can't imagine anywhere in this state without A/C. Are you from California??

Thanks WANBDDS,
I guess that makes since why they wouldn't hand out that pdf. I hope that you are right about the laptop. I keep getting conflicting reports.

DentaLizzy,
Yeah im from CA