MD & DO just got my MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccerfeet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here are my stats. Do I have any chance at all with any MD or DOs, if yes which ones? Does anyone have any success stories with similar GPA/MCAT?

B.S. Biology, minor chemistry, division I athlete 4 years, 3.49 GPA/3.35 science GPA, MCAT 26 :(, honors program freshman year, 1+ years working full time at primate research center, abstract presented at national conference, lots of shadowing Drs, world travel, lots of personal experience as a patient, 2 years volunteering at a children's hospital.

Members don't see this ad.

Here are my stats. Do I have any chance at all with any MD or DOs, if yes which ones? Does anyone have any success stories with similar GPA/MCAT?

B.S. Biology, minor chemistry, division I athlete 4 years, 3.49 GPA/3.35 science GPA, MCAT 26 :(, honors program freshman year, 1+ years working full time at primate research center, abstract presented at national conference, lots of shadowing Drs, world travel, lots of personal experience as a patient, 2 years volunteering at a children's hospital.

Put all of your energies into DO. I think only several MD schools would consider you with those stats if you are a URM and/or if you live in a state with schools that accept those scores (ie Nevada, South Carolina, New Mexico).

Members don't see this ad :)
You should be fine for DO but apply to at least 10 schools to maximize your chances. Your chances for MD are probably less than 10% but it may be worth applying to your state schools and the newer MD schools (Quinnipiac, Western Michigan, Oakland Beaumont).

Concur 100% with my learned colleague.

You should be fine for DO but apply to at least 10 schools to maximize your chances. Your chances for MD are probably less than 10% but it may be worth applying to your state schools and the newer MD schools (Quinnipiac, Western Michigan, Oakland Beaumont).

apply to 10+ DO schools. Avoid CCOM, AZCOM, Touro-NY and Touro-CA