Just paid more than $600 for COMLEX 1 registration. Thanks NBOME! ;)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QueenJames

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title states, guess who just registered to have the greatest privilege of dropping major $ on a frickin' exam that probably won't mean much after 2020.

THIS GUY BABY! LESSS GO!

Just to vent...

Who else thinks this exam is simply a ploy for NBOME to get more money out of us?

It's almost $3000 total for taking all 3 steps of COMLEX... and that is JUST to graduate. That's not counting the rates for STEP 1 and STEP 2 (if we decide to go for more competitive residencies).

I didn't think it'd be a big deal back when I was a naive pre-med, but dammit man... this stuff starts to add up on a financial and emotional toll.

What is everybody else's take on this? At this point... I equate the COMLEX to be our version of the high school exit exam (or MEDICAL.. school exit exam) ... and the STEP 1 to be the SAT/ACT. Lol

Gotta do whatcha gotta do I guess.

*** not trying to complain... as I am VERY thankful to even be in med school... let alone a DO program nowadays with the doing away of the grade replacement and all ***

Members don't see this ad.

Sucks your school didn’t pay for it, Mine did. COMLEX is more than an exit exam though. Yes it’s a poorly written test, but it’s still somewhere in the ballpark of only 50-60% of DOs take the USMLE. So it’s what we have

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There will always be someone trying to scam you and sometimes you have no choice. Look at the PE or CS if you want unreasonable

Reactions: 2 users
Sucks your school didn’t pay for it, Mine did. COMLEX is more than an exit exam though. Yes it’s a poorly written test, but it’s still somewhere in the ballpark of only 50-60% of DOs take the USMLE. So it’s what we have

You're still paying for it.

Reactions: 2 users
PE is BS $1295 for an 8 hour days. Stupidest thing ever
My favorite part is where they fail every 1 in 10 of us just to make a point that their exam is still relevant

Reactions: 1 user
My favorite part is where they fail every 1 in 10 of us just to make a point that their exam is still relevant
It’s also to get an extra 1300

Reactions: 1 users
comlex level 1 is just the beginning of med school robbing your money

Reactions: 1 users
Medical school is basically an initiation process to the physician fraternity/sorority: full of pain, humiliation, and $$$.