Just submitted my amcas app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laneyj34

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As stated in the title, I just submitted my AMCAS application. My status is, "submitted to AMCAS--ready for review." I sent my transcript in about two or three weeks ago, and they emailed me saying that they received it a week or two ago. Does anyone know about how long it will take for my application to be sent out to the schools that I have selected?

Members don't see this ad.

As stated in the title, I just submitted my AMCAS application. My status is, "submitted to AMCAS--ready for review." I sent my transcript in about two or three weeks ago, and they emailed me saying that they received it a week or two ago. Does anyone know about how long it will take for my application to be sent out to the schools that I have selected?

It will take 4-6 weeks from when they had all your transcripts. If you search for AMCAS verification you'll get an idea of some people who have recently been verified and how long it took. Unfortunatly, right now is really busy and its been averaging 4-5 weeks from what I've seen.

With that in mind you will start receiving secondaries from non-screening schools right away. Your name and email are sent to all the schools you selected before you are verified.

There are also some non-screening schools that have secondaries on their website. You can download those and send them in if you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you haven't already, get your letters of rec in order as some professors take several weeks. Also, check out this thread to get a pre-emptive start on those essays. Good luck. :luck:

I submitted mine in August and it took about 5-6 weeks. Not sure if they are more or less busy now.

I submitted 9/06 and I just got verified. It took long enough... Good luck!

I submitted mine 8/31 and still haven't been verified. I'm very excited about it too. I wrote them an email and was told that normal time is 4-6 weeks from the time when they have all your information, and that during peak times, it can be "significantly longer." Have fun.

Will each respective non-screening school email me, or will I have to contact them to start my secondaries?