Just submitted my PTCAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ash5321

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I didn't realize that I needed to esubmit my application for it to be verified and I just now submitted it. I'm feeling really dumb because it says all over the website to esubmit as soon as possible so that it can be verified in time for deadlines, but for some reason I totally misunderstood that.

I sent my transcripts to PTCAS about a month ago and they have already received all of them. Do you think that my application will be verified fast because PTCAS already has my transcripts? I know it says on the website that verification can take up to 4-5 weeks. I'm freaking out because the deadlines of about 4 schools that I'm applying to are October 3rd. :(

Also, the GRE website is down so I'm unable to send my GRE scores to the PTCAS codes of the schools that I'm applying to. Does PTCAS need to receive my GRE scores for every school that I'm applying to for my application to be verified?

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe the deadline just indicates when you need to have e-submitted your application and all your materials (ie. transcripts, references, completed observation hours, etc.), NOT necessarily when the application must be verified. I even contacted a few of my schools with October 3rd deadlines and they told me the same thing. You'll be fine! :)

Speaking of the GRE, when did you take it? I took mine August 16th and my AWA score has yet to be posted online :( I know the site was undergoing maintenance and technical issues for a few days, but official scores are supposed to come within 10-15 days and if mine don't come in this Tuesday, I'll be approaching 21 days... So frustrating!!

Reactions: 1 user
I believe the deadline just indicates when you need to have e-submitted your application and all your materials (ie. transcripts, references, completed observation hours, etc.), NOT necessarily when the application must be verified. I even contacted a few of my schools with October 3rd deadlines and they told me the same thing. You'll be fine! :)

Speaking of the GRE, when did you take it? I took mine August 16th and my AWA score has yet to be posted online :( I know the site was undergoing maintenance and technical issues for a few days, but official scores are supposed to come within 10-15 days and if mine don't come in this Tuesday, I'll be approaching 21 days... So frustrating!!

Oh my gosh, that is such a relief! Thank you so much! :)

I took the GRE August 5th and my AWA score was posted a while ago. What I meant is that the GRE login portal has been down for the past few days not allowing me to be able to send my scores to the individual PTCAS codes for each school.. and basically my question was does PTCAS need to receive the scores from ETS for my application to be verified? But oh wow, I hope your AWA score is posted soon!! Best of luck!! :) thanks again for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, you are good. You are way ahead of the game if your deadlines are October. I think I submitted maybe 2 days before my actual deadlines.

Last year I submitted my application less than 24 hours before it was due and it was still accepted. I believe the due date is for e-submission

- No PTCAS does not put on hold the verification of your application for missing GRE scores. As far as they know, you could be applying to schools that don't require the GRE.

- verification time depends mainly on
1) has PTCAS already received your transcripts
2) is there any errors in the coursework section
3) when you e-submit. The earlier you e-submit the less time it takes because the less applications they have to verify. That's why they want you to e-submit early.

I e-submitted 08-10 and was verified 08-22. My transcripts had already been received, but there was some little mistakes that they corrected in my coursework section.