You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
K-State c/o 2017 Applicants!!!
Started by Abnerrs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
exactly
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Exactly how I'm feeling as well.
I feel so impatient. I really want good news, so I am dreading any news at the same time.
Biggest fake out: I got home today and there was a giant white envelope addressed waiting. It was only a bunch of forms from my bank.
Oh my gosh, I had so many of those moments before the letter came. I was like... white envelope 😱 Stuff for parents 🙁 white envelope
Junk mail 
Okay, I am freaking out. Feb 1st is coming up. People, freak out with me.
Trust me I'm right there with you - I stalked the mailman last week!
My mailman probably gets chills down his spine every time I check my mail and don't see good news.
Okay, I am freaking out. Feb 1st is coming up. People, freak out with me.
Don't worry you're not alone! I'm pretty nervous. I loved Kansas, and won't hear from anywhere else til March, so this also controls whether I have another month of fear or can start sleeping easy

I've been stalking this thread to see if anyone else has heard.. even on a sunday haha
Do you guys know if they send out letters on Feb. 1st or are we supposed to receive our letters by Feb. 1st?
i know; i have, too!
from what dean elmore spoke about at the pizza party i went to, they make their decisions by then. so i would assume that is when the letters should be sent out, at the latest.
on my own personal note- i had a nightmare the other night that i got denied in a very militaristic way; it was awful 🙁
on my own personal note- i had a nightmare the other night that i got denied in a very militaristic way; it was awful 🙁
That's horrible! ahhh I just want to know now! I don't know how I am going to make it through this week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Everyday when I come home I go "If there is something from KSU, please let it be an acceptance. Otherwise please let nothing from KSU be in my mail".
Had a dream last night that the Post Office invented a new holiday for today so that there was no mail delivered, which caused me to have a meltdown, in my sleep...geez there is no escaping this anxiety!
I've been having crazy dreams too! My dreams have been stressing me out more than my reality actually. I think it's time to take control with a dream journal. Sounds crazy, but it really works!
Ditto.Nothing but bills today.
I feel anxious, like I don't want to see the mail
Sent from Bob
Sent from Bob
Stupid letter from Allstate. I don't want your insurance letter, I want a vet school acceptance. Geez!
How the mailman must feel being constantly stalked by anxious applicants:
No, not yet. Won't be able to know for 6 more hours too.
I got mine via email because the mailing system at my school sucks and I live on campus at a barn. I'm an alternate! I think unless you interviewed this past weekend you can expect an alternate spot or a rejection because my friend and I interviewed together and she got her acceptance four days later. They also won't let you know where you stand on the alternate list but they do say "a considerable amount of alternates gain acceptance each year." I'm not sure what considerable means but their website shows they had to offer 192 out-of-state acceptances to fill the 62 out-of-state slots they had that year. Keep your heads up! I bet they sent them out today which means you'll have them by Friday or Saturday.So... anyone heard anything yet?? 🙂
*screams* Not fair!!!!!
My thoughts exactly...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure if this is entirely true. They are probably sending acceptances to people that are extremely qualified, but they could be still making decisions about people who are less qualified.I got mine via email because the mailing system at my school sucks and I live on campus at a barn. I'm an alternate! I think unless you interviewed this past weekend you can expect an alternate spot or a rejection because my friend and I interviewed together and she got her acceptance four days later. They also won't let you know where you stand on the alternate list but they do say "a considerable amount of alternates gain acceptance each year." I'm not sure what considerable means but their website shows they had to offer 192 out-of-state acceptances to fill the 62 out-of-state slots they had that year. Keep your heads up! I bet they sent them out today which means you'll have them by Friday or Saturday.
E
Escalla
Not sure if this is entirely true. They are probably sending acceptances to people that are extremely qualified, but they could be still making decisions about people who are less qualified.
It's less likely but can happen! Hopefully you hear soon!!!

Well I know two people who have been admitted and interviewed on different weekends. They each got theirs 4-5 days later. Since the last interviews happened this past weekend it makes sense. They might have gone back and sent a few more acceptances out but it seems like they've filled most of the acceptances slots by now. My friend that is a first year there told me not to stress too much because they generally roll through a large chunk of their alternate list - for out of staters at least. I just feel like they sent out their definite "yes-es" for each interview bunch directly after they interviewed.
I usually deal with this kind of neurosis by watching Friends reruns. It doesn't help.
Monica: Chandler, you're panicking...
Chandler: Yes! Join me, won't you?!
Friends reruns are amazing. That show will never get old. Its a key part of my parenting plan 🙂
On a more serious note...like others have said, KState literally pours through the alternate list...you can see from their website that they invite WAY MORE people than spots so if I (or anyone else) gets a letter about being an alternate I would still say that our chances of being accepted are very good. Its the entire reason I applied at KState was that they accept so many OOS people. Sure, it would have been great for my ego to get a letter 4 days later about being accepted but I honestly can say that I did my best that I could do at that time. It was my first vet school interview, I was nervous as hell, and I talked about what I thought I should talk about. No regrets! Its a lot about luck (I dont care what anyone says, luck is a HUGE part of vet school admissions) so NOBODY is allowed to beat themselves up over anything. Happy thoughts people, HAPPY THOUGHTS!!😀😀
Im dieing over here.
Still nothing? I was hoping today would be the day.
I received mine on a Friday. One more day! Keep the faith! Rooting for you all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahhh! I'm pulling into Baton Rouge for LSU interview and my brother is taking his sweet time getting home to check the mail! Gotta love those sibs.
Nothing here, but I am California
Sent from Bob
Sent from Bob
Nothing here, but I am California
Sent from Bob
Yep, nada here in Texas.
congrats, XiLove!! that's awesome =] crossing my fingers for you! you almost gave me hope, too. because i am neighboring kansas in colorado. i mean, how hard can a pretty much straight shot from them be?! i was so nervous to get off work just a little bit ago; but alas, only a letter to the former resident! bleh!!!