Kaiser Permanente PGY-1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmOC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any information about the Kaiser Permanente PGY-1 residency? How competitive are they and what locations are the best?

Members don't see this ad.

Also, do you think that Kaiser takes students from nearby schools only? Here in the DC area, I noticed that the residents over the past few years were from regional schools (VCU, UMB, and Howard). I'm actually interested in applying to other programs in other areas, but if that's the case, I'll save the effort.

Kaiser of the Mid-Atlantic States scrambled this past cycle for one of its spots. Doesn't mean that it's a bad program, just saying that it might be a little less competitive than other ones.

I talked to 2 Kaisers at Midyear (Mid-Atlantic and Ohio). They seem to be very much about telemedicine, without that much personal interaction. I'm sure it's a good experience, just don't expect to see too many patients face to face. West Coast Kaisers may be different though. Didn't end up applying to either so I didn't get to see any of the sites. Mid-Atlantic seemed to require a lot of traveling.