Kansas City neighborhoods

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heyitscyndi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey UMKC students, I've got a question. I'm going to be heading up to Kansas City later this month and I was wanting to check out the city and possible places to live. Do you guys know of any good neighborhoods in the area? Thanx!

Members don't see this ad.

heyitscyndi said:
Hey UMKC students, I've got a question. I'm going to be heading up to Kansas City later this month and I was wanting to check out the city and possible places to live. Do you guys know of any good neighborhoods in the area? Thanx!

I would recommend looking for something near the main university which is closer to The Plaza and not near downtown which is where the DS is. It may be a bit more expensive, but it would be worth it. It's still a close drive away, there's a lot to do, and I think it's safer.

heyitscyndi said:

The school is close enough to the Plaza to be a quick drive in the mornings. There are older bungalow type 1920s homes south of the Plaza that rent around 1000/month. If you want to be REALLY safe in KC, live on the Kansas side in Johnson county but it's pricey.
Good luck- I'm shooting for UMKC in the next 1-2 years myself ;)

I'm actually driving up tomorrow to look at places.....
I'll let you know how it looks :)