Kansas State (KSU) c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Right! It seems like most people got alternate vs rejected too so it doesn’t give me too much hope. I wish they would tell us what position we are too.

The waitlist here does move fast!! Don’t lose hope yet!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
That does give me a little bit of hope, thank you for that! I was kinda crushed yesterday bc I REALLY love KSU, but this helps my feelings about it a little bit.
LOTS of people still have chances at their in state, myself included. And I’d say 99% of people if accepted to their IS will go there because of tuition. For me, it’s a $60k difference between KSU and my IS. Don’t lose hope!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from South FL going to the student meet up on 3/3? I might be flying by myself so I’d love a buddy lol

Do you know how many they usually put on the alternate list vs. accepted?

I wish i did but i dont think they would ever tell us this all i know is that many of my fellow classmates were waitlisted and then offered a spot in april! Not the most reassuring news but being on the waitlist is not a No!

I wish i did but i dont think they would ever tell us this all i know is that many of my fellow classmates were waitlisted and then offered a spot in april! Not the most reassuring news but being on the waitlist is not a No!
Thank you 😊

Super unrelated to what you all have been experiencing but I do want to mention that Manhattan airport will be closed most of May through September just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who was planning to fly in during those months!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Super unrelated to what you all have been experiencing but I do want to mention that Manhattan airport will be closed most of May through September just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who was planning to fly in during those months!
Oh no! Why is that??

What’s everyone wearing for the admitted student visiting day on 3/3? It’ll be my first school visit ever so no idea what to pack. Also not sure what the weather is like in KS on March. I’m from FL so we’re an endless summer down here.

What’s everyone wearing for the admitted student visiting day on 3/3? It’ll be my first school visit ever so no idea what to pack. Also not sure what the weather is like in KS on March. I’m from FL so we’re an endless summer down here.
I’m not going to that day but my interview with KSU was in-person on January 7th and it was COLD for a North FL girl :) I wore business professional but I would think you could get away with business casual or just jeans and a nice shirt. I loved the school and the town is so dang cute so I think you’ll enjoy the difference in weather like I did! I haven’t decided where I’m going just yet but we may be classmates so we can survive the cold together lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not going to that day but my interview with KSU was in-person on January 7th and it was COLD for a North FL girl :) I wore business professional but I would think you could get away with business casual or just jeans and a nice shirt. I loved the school and the town is so dang cute so I think you’ll enjoy the difference in weather like I did! I haven’t decided where I’m going just yet but we may be classmates so we can survive the cold together lol!

Absolutely! I need some Florida people up there to understand the struggle lol

I think we’re gonna have every season this week lol it was 60 something monday, pouring rain yesterday, and now were under a winter storm warning for tonight. Other than that from what ive heard the visiting day should be more casual than interviews so just wear something that you’d be comfy in all day like jeans!

Hi! So excited you'll be coming that day. I'm an ambassador so I may get to meet with ya'll that day if my class schedule allows it. Kansas weather can fluxuate a lot, but typically early March is colder/rainy. I'd double check the forecast before you leave.

I would just wear business casual or even nice jeans/pants and a nice shirt will be fine, you don't need to wear anything fancy. Bring a light jacket and a heavier jacket/coat depending on what the weather will be like.

Hi! So excited you'll be coming that day. I'm an ambassador so I may get to meet with ya'll that day if my class schedule allows it. Kansas weather can fluxuate a lot, but typically early March is colder/rainy. I'd double check the forecast before you leave.

I would just wear business casual or even nice jeans/pants and a nice shirt will be fine, you don't need to wear anything fancy. Bring a light jacket and a heavier jacket/coat depending on what the weather will be like.

Yay I’m so excited! Would the tour take us through the barn as well? I was debating between ankle boots or flats, leaning mostly towards ankle boots.

Yay I’m so excited! Would the tour take us through the barn as well? I was debating between ankle boots or flats, leaning mostly towards ankle boots.

Our tours are usually just through the school and the teaching hospital so no barns! I would wear whatever you’d feel most comfortable in for a few hours of walking though but its very unlikely your shoes will get dirty!

Agree with what Bonfuturedvm said! You'll tour the hospital, but it stays pretty clean so your shoes won't get dirty.

Agree with what Bonfuturedvm said! You'll tour the hospital, but it stays pretty clean so your shoes won't get dirty.

I was looking forward to see the cows and piggies but I guess I’ll have plenty of them when I start classes! Im a farm girl so I miss the feeling

OOS acceptance - I will be declining my seat as I just got into my IS school. Congratulations everyone and best of luck!

Does anyone know if the admissions committee contacts waitlisters as people decline their seats or do they wait until the April deadline? Just curious if checking my email obsessively is in vain :giggle:

Does anyone know if the admissions committee contacts waitlisters as people decline their seats or do they wait until the April deadline? Just curious if checking my email obsessively is in vain :giggle:
They will only update after April deadline. So every waitlisters will be notified after.

Is there a Facebook page for the accepted Class of '27? I'm unable to go to the Admitted Student Day and would like to get to know my future classmates.

Is there a Facebook page for the accepted Class of '27? I'm unable to go to the Admitted Student Day and would like to get to know my future classmates.
They will make a page and email you about it/send an invite. I’m an ambassador and usually they tell us when they’ve made the group and allow us to join to post housing opportunities, share advice, etc. They haven’t informed us of a group for c/o 2027 yet, so they’re probably still working on it!

They will make a page and email you about it/send an invite. I’m an ambassador and usually they tell us when they’ve made the group and allow us to join to post housing opportunities, share advice, etc. They haven’t informed us of a group for c/o 2027 yet, so they’re probably still working on it!
Thank you!

How is the cost of living In Kansas?? Weather?

How is the cost of living In Kansas?? Weather?

I think the cost of living is very reasonable maybe even one of the cheapest places to live near a vet school if you find the right place! For reference my bf and I live in a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with a backyard about 7 minutes from the school and its $1050 a month. I will say the groceries are a little more than what im used to paying but its not outrageous and shopping the ads has been working well for me. The weather is a whole other thing though. I haven’t lived here very long so can’t speak for every season but it gets cold, hot, humid, stormy, and snowy sometimes all in the same week. That being said I’ve really enjoyed the weather most of the time so I’d say you have a lot more nice days than bad!

I think the cost of living is very reasonable maybe even one of the cheapest places to live near a vet school if you find the right place! For reference my bf and I live in a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with a backyard about 7 minutes from the school and its $1050 a month. I will say the groceries are a little more than what im used to paying but its not outrageous and shopping the ads has been working well for me. The weather is a whole other thing though. I haven’t lived here very long so can’t speak for every season but it gets cold, hot, humid, stormy, and snowy sometimes all in the same week. That being said I’ve really enjoyed the weather most of the time so I’d say you have a lot more nice days than bad!
Thank you so much!! I'm really leaning towards K-state and noticed that housings are super cheap..which is a huge plus for me.

Accepted to my IS, thus declining my seat. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Have you heard anything about the Facebook group yet? Still have to submit my acceptance documents, so I imagine I would only get sent a link once my acceptance is processed, so I'm just wondering if that has been set up yet.

Have you heard anything about the Facebook group yet? Still have to submit my acceptance documents, so I imagine I would only get sent a link once my acceptance is processed, so I'm just wondering if that has been set up yet.
I've sent in all my documents but I have not heard anything yet.

No facebook group has been made yet, but it should be soon

soooo I talked to an admissions person and apparently there are TWO HUNDRED people on the waiting list. casual. 😅😅😅😅😅😅

• Wow
Is the waitlist for oos and is different? Or is it not divided up anymore once on the waitlist?

Is the waitlist for oos and is different? Or is it not divided up anymore once on the waitlist?

They are still separate. I know the OOS waitlist moves way faster than IS after the deadline for decisions though so not all hope is lost!

On a side note it looks like the facebook group has been created so yall should get the info for that soon!

I'll second that the COL is really reasonable. I have a really nice apartment by myself for a great price. I could have even gotten cheaper! Also housing is easy to find unlike other places I have been. Good luck to everyone on the waiting list. Third years have four more weeks of classes and then finals, white coat and clinics so an exciting time (and a bit stressful as finals always are).

Anyone got info about the Facebook group yet? Hoping to get to know some of my classmates soon!

I’m having a hard time trying to decide what seat to accept (all OOS but was waitlisted for my IS) so if anyone would like to tell me their favorite things they love about K-State, I would be so appreciative! Can be anything - environment, curriculum, opportunities, etc.

I’m having a hard time trying to decide what seat to accept (all OOS but was waitlisted for my IS) so if anyone would like to tell me their favorite things they love about K-State, I would be so appreciative! Can be anything - environment, curriculum, opportunities, etc.

I could write a book about all the reasons I love it here! Manhattan is the best town I’ve lived in so far; great restaurants, almost constant events around town to keep you busy, beautiful hiking trails and a lake nearby, and theres plenty of options for day trips nearby if you want to branch out. The school is literally one big family! I have yet to meet anyone who hasn’t been incredibly supportive and willing to offer help if it was needed. I don’t have a whole lot of experience with all of the teaching staff but the first year professors are a blast and I’m sure all of my future profs will be too! There’s also so many opportunities for students and the teaching hospital is very encouraging if your interested in getting experience in an unfamiliar department! School itself is going to be hard anywhere but I think the environment that comes with it helps a-lot! I could go on because it really is that special here! Ultimately the decision is yours but I don’t think anyone could go wrong if they chose to attend kstate, best of luck to you!

• Love
Can't believe I am saying this, but I officially removed myself from the alternate list this morning. I loved K State but I know I will be extremely happy with the school I committed to which was also a top choice of mine! I hope this allows for some extra movement on the alternate list for someone else :) Good luck!

Can't believe I am saying this, but I officially removed myself from the alternate list this morning. I loved K State but I know I will be extremely happy with the school I committed to which was also a top choice of mine! I hope this allows for some extra movement on the alternate list for someone else :) Good luck!
Oh gosh how exciting! Congrats!!

• Care