Kansas State (KSU) c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m having a hard time trying to decide what seat to accept (all OOS but was waitlisted for my IS) so if anyone would like to tell me their favorite things they love about K-State, I would be so appreciative! Can be anything - environment, curriculum, opportunities, etc.
I agree with everything mentioned above so I won't say it all again. I'm a third year and have been very happy with my experience here. I have had awesome research opportunities, great mentors, faculty that really cares about student success and the integrity of the program. My faculty lead study abroad experience was fantastic! Getting jobs has been no issue and the opportunities for leadership experience have been numerous. COL is great and I love the town (from a large OOS city never thought I'd say that). Great environment to learn in.

Members don't see this ad.

Not me stumbling into the forums group to see if anyone else almost died of a heart attack with that email. I was holding my breath :rofl:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Not me stumbling into the forums group to see if anyone else almost died of a heart attack with that email. I was holding my breathe :rofl:
Me😂 so it seems like they are going to call us on the phone. So do you think if we miss it then that’s the end
Like we have to answer or do you think there will be a timeframe we have to respond back

Members don't see this ad :)
Me😂 so it seems like they are going to call us on the phone. So do you think if we miss it then that’s the end
Like we have to answer or do you think there will be a timeframe we have to respond back
Oh gosh, I hope that wouldn't be the case, because I have terrible phone service where I live! I would think they would reach out via email if they were unable to get in contact over the phone. At least, I hope!

Oh gosh, I hope that wouldn't be the case, because I have terrible phone service where I live! I would think they would reach out via email if they were unable to get in contact over the phone. At least, I hope!
I hope so too! I think they would have said something about having to answer if that were the case. Right??😂

I hope so too! I think they would have said something about having to answer if that were the case. Right??😂
I would definitely think so! I already told my boss if he notices me checking my watch or phone constantly not to get upset with me because this process is very stressful and uncertain! :rofl:

Just got a call that I’ve been offered a seat off of the alternate list! I’m so excited!

Reactions: 3 users
What time did they call you? Congrats!
11:26 am and thank you. They also want me to make a decision by 10 am tmrw. I already put a deposit down for LIU but I am considering losing the deposit to accept Kansas state instead.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
11:26 am and thank you. They also want me to make a decision by 10 am tmrw. I already put a deposit down for LIU but I am considering losing the deposit to accept Kansas state instead.
Oh that’s tough! Good luck in deciding! Just make the best decision for you!

I also put down a deposit at another school but I’m looking into forgoing it as well!

I know I've seen this somewhere but I can't find it again so I'll ask again - does K-State CVM have a dress code for students? Like scrubs, business casual, etc?

I know I've seen this somewhere but I can't find it again so I'll ask again - does K-State CVM have a dress code for students? Like scrubs, business casual, etc?

There’s technically not a formal dress code but it is a professional school so dressing how you would for your future career is encouraged. That being said there are plenty of days I went in with leggings or joggers. I think the only issues that ever came up with clothing is when students would wear athletic shorts, crop tops or pjs. If you’re worried jeans and a t-shirt will never do you wrong!

Also a very big congratulations for those of you being called off the alternate list! And if you haven’t seen it yet the facebook group is up and running with several posts regarding housing for those of you interested!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything about the alternate list moving more?

Also to the ones that did get called off, did they end up sending the offer?? That would have been stressing me out lol

Also to the ones that did get called off, did they end up sending the offer?? That would have been stressing me out lol

They did and the admissions office was also very communicative which was good! I personally wouldn’t be surprised if the list ends up moving quite a bit starting on the 17th. Once they have a solid indication of how many people have committed I think a bunch of people will be getting phone calls

They did and the admissions office was also very communicative which was good! I personally wouldn’t be surprised if the list ends up moving quite a bit starting on the 17th. Once they have a solid indication of how many people have committed I think a bunch of people will be getting phone calls
Good I’m glad they sent that! And I really hope so!

They all seem so nice, that is why Kansas is my top pick!

Business casual is recommended but it is not enforced at all. Just don't show up in a crop top and biker shorts and you'll be okay. I do NOT recommend going out and buying a bunch of slacks and blouses. I did that and now most of them are collecting dust in my closet. The vast majority of my classmates wear jeans and a tshirt, blouse, sweatshirt, etc. Leggings are technically not allowed but nobody cares and I frequently wear sweats. You'll also noticed that more and more students dress casually as the semester goes on and the closer to finals we get. If you want to dress up, that's great! But it is not required. We typically only wear scrubs for wet labs, clinical skills live animal labs, and for anatomy lab in first year. Then you'll wear scrubs again for the junior surgery class in 3rd year. Otherwise we don't really wear scrubs on a day to day basis. I hope that helps!

Does anyone think they will be calling anyone tomorrow? Also is the Facebook page only for those who have paid a deposit? Because if so, it looks like the class might already be full.

Does anyone think they will be calling anyone tomorrow? Also is the Facebook page only for those who have paid a deposit? Because if so, it looks like the class might already be full.
There's like 30 ambassadors in the group and multiple faculty members. Don't fret!

I’m not sure. I’ve been trying not to think about it because it makes me nauseous 😂 I’ll post here right away if I get a call and I’m sure others will too

I’m not sure. I’ve been trying not to think about it because it makes me nauseous 😂 I’ll post here right away if I get a call and I’m sure others will too
I am glad I am not the only one.
Vomit Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Does anyone know how many alternate offers they sent out? Or how many they typically call off the alternate list?

Y’all my dad just called me and I cannot tell you how fast my heart started beating! Anyone heard anything yet??

• Haha
I got a call this morning but turned down the seat so good luck to everyone else on the waitlist

Do y’all think they would still be calling people this late in the day? 😢😭

• Sad
I lost service for about 30 minutes so I’m thinking of calling and seeing if I missed something and I could ask if the class is full yet. I dont know if I should wait till tomorrow though

I lost service for about 30 minutes so I’m thinking of calling and seeing if I missed something and I could ask if the class is full yet. I dont know if I should wait till tomorrow though
I would think they would send an email out when the class is full. They’re probably very busy right now I can imagine this is one of their busier times of year

I would think they would be understanding if you called and asked!

I would think they would be understanding if you called and asked!
I think I will around 4 or so and see if they will give me some more info lol! At least that way we’d know for sure if they are done or not 😭

• Care