rhettoric

10+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Heya folks,

I'm suspicious of my Kaplan FL scores

I took one back in January and got a 28 on it. Not great, room for improvement, I'm currently taking Physics 2 and orgo 2, so I fully expected to improve.

So now I've taken FL 2, 3 and 4 and earned a 34, 34, and 35 on them respectively. These are great scores (at least to me), but I'm concerned that they may be inflated.

For example, on FL 4, I got 20 wrong on the PS section, 9 wrong on the verbal, and 21 wrong on the BS, and that corresponded to 12, 12, 11. I'm embarassed to admit I got so many wrong but I'd much rather know I need the hard-core improvement now than end up getting a 25 on the actual MCAT. So, if anyone can help, are these scores a good predictor?

killinsound

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Kaplan's grades are a little inflated i would say... actually it really depends to why you missed the questions.

Kaplan's FL's are much much harder, but allows more room for error.

When you finally take an AAMC test you are going to be shocked about how much easier it is, but each point really does count, and a stupid mistake can drop you a whole point.

rhettoric

10+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I realize that Kaplan's practice exams had high predictability in the past, but I'm concerned that since they switched to the computer models they haven't updated their scoring system accurately.

Did you take the MCAT this past January? Those are the practice test/ score comparisons I'd like to know :)

It looks like killinsound did take a CBT...I dunno, I'm planning on taking the AAMC tests, but maybe I should throw some EK stuff into the mix.

About the Ads

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Ah that's a good point. But you realize the jan scores aren't out til Feb 28th, right?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.