Kaplan FL score inflation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhettoric

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heya folks,

I'm suspicious of my Kaplan FL scores

I took one back in January and got a 28 on it. Not great, room for improvement, I'm currently taking Physics 2 and orgo 2, so I fully expected to improve.

So now I've taken FL 2, 3 and 4 and earned a 34, 34, and 35 on them respectively. These are great scores (at least to me), but I'm concerned that they may be inflated.

For example, on FL 4, I got 20 wrong on the PS section, 9 wrong on the verbal, and 21 wrong on the BS, and that corresponded to 12, 12, 11. I'm embarassed to admit I got so many wrong but I'd much rather know I need the hard-core improvement now than end up getting a 25 on the actual MCAT. So, if anyone can help, are these scores a good predictor?

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan's grades are a little inflated i would say... actually it really depends to why you missed the questions.

Kaplan's FL's are much much harder, but allows more room for error.

When you finally take an AAMC test you are going to be shocked about how much easier it is, but each point really does count, and a stupid mistake can drop you a whole point.

I realize that Kaplan's practice exams had high predictability in the past, but I'm concerned that since they switched to the computer models they haven't updated their scoring system accurately.

Did you take the MCAT this past January? Those are the practice test/ score comparisons I'd like to know :)

It looks like killinsound did take a CBT...I dunno, I'm planning on taking the AAMC tests, but maybe I should throw some EK stuff into the mix.

Members don't see this ad :)
doh, I thought they were released last week for some reason.

Guess we'll find out!