Kaplan FL Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VCU07

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine told me to subtract about 2-3 points per section for each kaplan fl I do (to equal an approx. AAMC score)...does this sound right? I am scoring in the high 20s, and if so, I am in serious trouble. I always heard the Kaplan tests were tougher.

Members don't see this ad.

3 points per section would mean that a perfect kap score would be a 36, which sounds alittle unrealistic, although Ive never taken either yet.

Im interested to hear from those whove taken both, but 3 points per section sounds dubious to me.

A friend of mine told me to subtract about 2-3 points per section for each kaplan fl I do (to equal an approx. AAMC score)...does this sound right? I am scoring in the high 20s, and if so, I am in serious trouble. I always heard the Kaplan tests were tougher.

I would subtract 2-3 points TOTAL not per section. Out of 5 Kaplan tests I'm averaging around 34.5 scoring between 33-35. Out of 6 AAMC tests my average is around 31 scoring between 30-32.

My philosophy for Kaplan is, it's not incredibly accurate. The reason is, a lot of the questions are quite tough (for PS), and so you end up guessing on a good deal, so if you're lucky, you'll do well. VR is another story: too dense passages, and questions that require you to go back to the passage far too much thus killing more time, ending up not finishing, guessing on some questions = overall, just bad VR.

By some miracle, my Kaplan score still is in range to AAMC (got 30's, 31's, 32's) for both tests.

I'm going with AAMC, just because my grade is never fully a surprise for AAMC. I can always guess pretty well right before I get my score.

Kaplan, totally can't guess.