KCU vs TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringdoctoruiuc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently accepted to KCU-Joplin campus. I am also on the waitlist at TUNCOM.
I am wondering what people's thoughts are as to which school they would choose if they had both acceptances.
I just want to be prepared in the event that I have to make a quick decision if I am off the waitlist at TUNCOM.

Both schools are great and have had great match lists recently, but KCU definitely has been around longer.
My only concern is that the Joplin campus is new and there is still an air of uncertainty. THe curriculum is going to be the same, but I'm just not sure if I should be worried about it.
I hear the curriculum at KCU is extremely rigorous with only a 5 week summer break since they go thru the systems all twice.

TUNCOM: I think I would prefer to live in the Henderson area right outside LV since I am originally from a big city. Joplin is def more rural and would be a diff living situation that I am used to.
Match list has been good the past few years so Im not worried about that.

I'm just wondering what other people's thoughts are as to which school I should choose. ALl things equal, I would choose TUNCOM b/c of location and more to do. But I've also been told that I shouldn't be turning down KCU just b/c its on a diff campus location.

Any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

What did you end up choosing and why? I'm in the same predicament