KCUMB Class of 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have Cingular and I have never had any problems.

Members don't see this ad.

danwsu said:
Bama you live in CT correct? Does verizon work well in there? I plan on using it as my primary phone so I need it to work in my apartment.

Some of the exterior walls here at CT are pretty thick so occasionally you will have a dropped call while inside the apartment but this is rare. I have noticed that there are certain areas inside the apartment that it seems to lose some of the signal strength, so I avoid that particular corner or move if it gets bad, but it really doesn't happen too often. I use it as my primary phone and I haven't had many problems at all. I have free nationwide long distance which is nice if you have a lot of friends and relatives out of town.

I use verizon and it works fine in CT although I live on 10th floor on the corner...
How's everyone's summer going?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys - I am not ready to head back to classes yet. I am going to need every bit of the next 4 weeks to get ready. Are any of you guys ready to go? Let me know how everyone is doing.

apass said:
Hey guys - I am not ready to head back to classes yet. I am going to need every bit of the next 4 weeks to get ready. Are any of you guys ready to go? Let me know how everyone is doing.

I am definitely not ready. Im just getting in to the rhytum of being a slacker. My body is just now acclimating to the increased EtOH levels. You should see my liver.......the liver of a dedicated athlete. :eek: :smuggrin:

How was Italia, apass?

ciao!

daveyboy said:
I am definitely not ready. Im just getting in to the rhytum of being a slacker. My body is just now acclimating to the increased EtOH levels. You should see my liver.......the liver of a dedicated athlete. :eek: :smuggrin:

How was Italia, apass?

ciao!

It was good to go back. Good to see family and amazing to see more of Italy. I drank plenty of wine everyday - cheap and good. The flight seems to get harder for me though - I hate it.

I know what you mean about being a slacker - I like it too. I have not increased the alcohol though. My day consists of sleeping, running, eating, sleeping and maybe doing a few things around the house. Are you riding? I have not gone riding once and now I am fixated on the tour every morning. I am sure you are watching too. Let me know when you are heading out for a ride.

We only have 4 weeks left? WOW, I should start looking at a calendar again.

apass said:
It was good to go back. Good to see family and amazing to see more of Italy. I drank plenty of wine everyday - cheap and good. The flight seems to get harder for me though - I hate it.

I know what you mean about being a slacker - I like it too. I have not increased the alcohol though. My day consists of sleeping, running, eating, sleeping and maybe doing a few things around the house. Are you riding? I have not gone riding once and now I am fixated on the tour every morning. I am sure you are watching too. Let me know when you are heading out for a ride.

I may go tommorow afternoon and/or Friday afternoon. email me or come find me in the lab.

danwsu said:
I have blue cross and blue shield and I frequently get bills from the doctors office asking me to pay the difference between what they (my insurance) are willing to pay and what other insurance companies wil pay. I wonder if this doc does that.

seriously?? yikes? did you tell them upfront you would, or do they just expect you to anyways?? weird...

dood, i checked out that website and actually did the math. if you notice, his payment is only for the regular visits shown. he did not include the money generated from all of the other procedures, and if you used the highest paying insurance, the guy makes 3-400k a year. not bad. the lowest one was still in the positive if you include everything else, so i think he is making it look much more grim than realistically... maybe im wrong??

I don't know whats up with that. It's been happening since I was a kid. For instance when I got some blood work done for my immuno records they sent me a bill. Not for procedures that my insurance wouldn't cover but for the difference between what they (my insurance would pay) and what they wanted for a procedure. Anyone else experience this?

I guess this is one way to combat the problem of lower reimburstments.

Anthony - you are right - ****! only a month left!!!

Daveyboy - sorry i have not been in touch. I have been cleaning my house and trying to get crap done before school starts. You know the drill -well i think my drill is alittle different from yours.

Can you Pm me your home number or is it right in the phone book? Lets schedule some easy rides before the harder ones - I have not ridden once. Did you see that Lance went down today early in the stage - he is okay though.

see you guys,
Angela

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys - I am starting my second preceptor with Dr. Kolo at the Clay County Health Center. I know that if Stacy sees this - she is laughing at me right now:) Hopefully I will get to work with McClain too. Send prayers please.

xXAnksXx said:
WHAT HAPPENED TO uhs 2007?

HEY ANKUR - nice of you drop in again. You should know who I am. I went to Italy this summer to see family and you sometimes steal my friend's seat in the second row:) I give you crap all the time and one my bestest friend's is Divya.

What do you mean what happen to Uhs 2007 - the name CHANGED!!!! So we have a new thread.

hope you are doing well! Still not ready for class

Wassup everyone! I'm sitting in the ER @ St. John's in St. Louis, and since were not getting hammered, I thought I'd drop a line. Hope everyone's summer is going well. I'm looking forward to getting back to KC.

Angela, don't ever call call my house @ midnight when you're out w/Jack.

Justin

Justin - miss you buddy! I'll call your house whenever I want:)
Actually I didn't make the call it was Jack!!! It is his fault! Will you be working in the ED this coming week? I will be in St. Louis visiting family and I might have to come by and give you trouble.

see ya Angela

Hey guys - by the way things are good at the Clay County Health Dept. I have worked with Peters, McClain, and Kolo. I have learned alot. I did a rectal, prostate and more pelvics. All the docs want you to do the interview and physical. It has been good practice. Anthony are you doing any more preceptors right now? Do you plan on staying in KC next year?

see you guys
Justin STOP gunning it up! I know Anthony already is:)

Hey everyone. My wife and I are adding maternity coverage soon, and our premium w/BCBS of MO will be almost $400/mo!! That is a ton of money, so if anyone knows of some cheaper alternatives, please let me know.

Thanks,
Justin

Pass, and Sandall, The 2 Biggest Gunners in our class, awesome! Which one of you is going to take the spot for #1 this year?, haha , just playin!

Summer has been going great, no rectals... however I did learn to wakeboard, and Ive been out mt biking, MBA=DRAG... Ne ways... enjoy summer remember we only have 2 weeks left, live it up!

Ankur

xXAnksXx said:
Pass, and Sandall, The 2 Biggest Gunners in our class, awesome! Which one of you is going to take the spot for #1 this year?, haha , just playin!

Summer has been going great, no rectals... however I did learn to wakeboard, and Ive been out mt biking, MBA=DRAG... Ne ways... enjoy summer remember we only have 2 weeks left, live it up!

Ankur

Where did you learn to wakeboard? We have more than two weeks of vacation left - don't make it start any sooner than it has to. How many actual days of vacation do you get with the MBA before classes start? Hang in there the MBA is almost over for the summer.

You better come out for Divya's birthday Friday night!

Angela,
I shadowed an Opthamologist, who is a family friend, that was about all the stuff I did since I left KC. I'm glad that you had a good experiences at Clay County, I should have done my 4 weeks there instead of MCI. You'll be ahead of the game...anyway, off to New Mexico...see you later. Anyone going to the baseball game on aug. 4th?
Hey Justin, how's it going?
Hey Ankur, I haven't seen you on SDN in a long time...
To everyone, have a good summer and rest well, I saw that Neuro schedule...I wish I hadn't... :eek:
Anthony

Anthony,

I'm doing very well. Just wrapping up the summer here is St. Louis and getting ready to move back to KC on Saturday. I'm looking forward to starting school again! I only saw the first week's schedule for Neuro, but it didn't look too bad. We'll get through it. Noticed that you, Ankur, and Angela have been giving out advice for the first years....don't know if that's bad or good. :laugh: Don't let them get too stressed.

I'm gonna go to the game on the 4th. The Royals suck, but you can't beat a nice evening at the ballpark.

See you guys soon,
Justin

WannabeDO said:
bUmP!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we ready for Neuro???

Nope not ready for NEURO!

The question is...
IS NEURO READY FOR ME!!!!!!
Just kidding!
I am definitely not looking forward to anatomy the first day back!!!

Neuro won't be so bad, just long...I heard that Stephens helps you out a lot in anatomy lab, at least that's what I heard from the MS2's from last year. Isn't it really humid here this week...? Any of you going to the baseball game on Wed?

Bumping this up to the first page. See you guys/gals monday. :luck:

My application was finally mailed today. I am only applying to KCUMB as my wife was accepted last year but deferred to start in 2005 (class of 2009). I am curious about where I might stack up in the competition for interview with respect to class of 2007 which is the last class with a profile on the website.

My Science GPA is 3.15 (ugh!)
MCAT (11/11/9) 9 in bio.

Other areas of application are more subjective, but I feel my experience is pretty strong, just worried about the GPA.

Thanks,

Keith F
kafairba (at) comcast.net

If you have good experience, then get some excellent LORs, and show a lot of interest, you should be set for an interview. Do not be afraid to tell them that you REALLY WANT TO GO THERE!! :)

Aphelion said:
My application was finally mailed today. I am only applying to KCUMB as my wife was accepted last year but deferred to start in 2005 (class of 2009). I am curious about where I might stack up in the competition for interview with respect to class of 2007 which is the last class with a profile on the website.

My Science GPA is 3.15 (ugh!)
MCAT (11/11/9) 9 in bio.

Other areas of application are more subjective, but I feel my experience is pretty strong, just worried about the GPA.

Thanks,

Keith F
kafairba (at) comcast.net
:laugh:

I bet you'd get into KCUMB...with those MCAT scores, it should off-set the GPA.

Thanks for the replies.

You bet I really want to go to KCUMB. It's the only school I am applying to. My wife was accepted to Western and KCUMB. We reserved at western first and I wanted to at least see KCUMB since my family lives in southeast Nebraska. We both loved the campus and the people we met. KC is a fantastic city with a similar feel to Portland where we live now.

My wife deferred 1 year because we are expecting our first child in December. So we are hopefully going to be classmates.

Keith

does anyone know if Truman med is friendly to students from kcumb??

Yes TMC Hospital hill is DO friendly...I shadowed in the Radiology Deparment...plus our school has interns that rotate there. And we all get to go to either MCI or Childrens Mercy as a MS 1...

Good luck to everyone on our last anatomy practical...no more stinky labs... :eek:

Cooldreams...since your on SDN a lot, can you bump this to the first page once in a while...we're all busy with neuro

just as long as i get to ask u guys q's when im takin neuro :p hehehe

Wo1verine7DO said:
Cooldreams...since your on SDN a lot, can you bump this to the first page once in a while...we're all busy with neuro

Hahahahahaha :laugh:
Here Toby!
:smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

JattMed said:
Hahahahahaha :laugh:
Here Toby!
:smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

No more questions allowed from Cooldreams!:) Cooldreams you have way too much time on your hands.

Bump...to the first page so I can still remember we have this here.
"Just movin on up to the Deluxe Apartment in the Sky...oh movin on up" I saw the Jefferson's on Nick at nite...apparently I have time to post here in Neuro...I almost got epilepsy with all those flashing pathways... :scared:

Here's a bump. And here are some great pictures from this weekend in the NFL!
nfl145c_lower.jpg

nfl145a_lower.jpg

nfl14a8_lower.jpg

nfl14a2_lower.jpg

Wo1verine7DO said:
Hey, The raiders might get ricky williams if he returns...allmost done with neuro :thumbup:

Just what we need, another player with drug problems :rolleyes:

It ain't over till the fat lady sings... but that day is coming soon :D

Anyone from KCUMB going to DO Day on the Hill next spring?

Hey 2007--

I am sure most of you know this already, but I am joining your class next year. I was accepted as the OPP Fellow for 2004-2005.

I guess I just love school so much that I wasn't ready to get out in the real world and make money yet!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Chris

drchris33 said:
Hey 2007--

I am sure most of you know this already, but I am joining your class next year. I was accepted as the OPP Fellow for 2004-2005.

I guess I just love school so much that I wasn't ready to get out in the real world and make money yet!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Chris

NO!!!!!! wait.. uhh... urr... GREAT!! congrats dood hehe seriously!! :D

so what do you do as the OPP Fellow?