This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneMedicalDegreePlease

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently applied, January 8th, to the one-year Masters of Biomedical Sciences Program at KCU. I got my acceptance letter the following week, January 11th. I am strongly considering attending this program because I intend to matriculate into their COM. I started this thread to meet some other interested students, current students, and alumni to get their input on the KCUMB COB programs.

Some of my general questions are...

How are the matriculation rates changing with the expanding COB class sizes?
Anyone have a matriculation story involving this program?
What academic profiles are COM looking for in COB students?
Matriculation success rates?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow that was a quick acceptance! I'm planning to apply...still working on that one page essay. How did the application process go for you? Are you in state or OOS? Also, would you mind sharing your stats?

Hello All,

I recently applied, January 8th, to the one-year Masters of Biomedical Sciences Program at KCU. I got my acceptance letter the following week, January 11th. I am strongly considering attending this program because I intend to matriculate into their COM. I started this thread to meet some other interested students, current students, and alumni to get their input on the KCUMB COB programs.

Some of my general questions are...

How are the matriculation rates changing with the expanding COB class sizes?
Anyone have a matriculation story involving this program?
What academic profiles are COM looking for in COB students?
Matriculation success rates?

Thanks
Also, was your essay single or double spaced? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, was your essay single or double spaced? Thank you!
My app was complete on nov. 30 and was accepted Dec 7. for fall 2016. I'm a Texas resident and my stats were 3.2 GPA cumulative and 3.1 science. MCAT is a 500. Essay was about 700 words for me which was exactly one page. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow that was a quick acceptance! I'm planning to apply...still working on that one page essay. How did the application process go for you? Are you in state or OOS? Also, would you mind sharing your stats?

3.45 sGPA
3.45 cGPA
503 MCAT

I would single space for sure. I'm in state trying to stay around KC. Application process was simple and quick probably because I applied to KCUMB but didn't get in. They had access to all my letters, transcripts, and MCAT score. Your Stats?

My app was complete on nov. 30 and was accepted Dec 7. for fall 2016. I'm a Texas resident and my stats were 3.2 GPA cumulative and 3.1 science. MCAT is a 500. Essay was about 700 words for me which was exactly one page. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Hey solo king, do you plan on matriculating to COM at kcumb? Do you know anything about the "priority admission" of COB students or the other questions I asked above?

With an incoming cohort of 120+ students, I'm cringing at the amount of competition between students. On top of that many have stated previously that as they accept more students they'll make their cutoff's for matriculating higher to weed out students. Essentially, you must be the among the top 25% from this program to get a fair shot at an interview/acceptance. And they require stats that are competitive for their DO school to guarantee the interview.

Despite KCUMB being one of my top choices for a DO school. I just don't understand how paying 27k for this program is worth it. I'd rather consider Western's MSMS or Touro's MSMHS which takes 30 and 15 students, respectively. Anyone care to elaborate?

Last edited:
3.45 sGPA
3.45 cGPA
503 MCAT

I would single space for sure. I'm in state trying to stay around KC. Application process was simple and quick probably because I applied to KCUMB but didn't get in. They had access to all my letters, transcripts, and MCAT score. Your Stats?

Thank you for the info! I'm cgpa 3.34 and sgpa 3.26, with low mcat. I'm OOS from Cali....not sure if they take many people from OOS?

With an incoming cohort of 120+ students, I'm cringing at the amount of competition between students. On top of that many have stated previously that as they accept more students they'll make their cutoff's for matriculating higher to weed out students. Essentially, you must be the among the top 25% from this program to get a fair shot at an interview/acceptance. And they require stats that are competitive for their DO school to guarantee the interview.

Despite KCUMB being one of my top choices for a DO school. I just don't understand how paying 27k for this program is worth it. I'd rather consider Western's MSMS or Touro's MSMHS which takes 30 and 15 students, respectively. Anyone care to elaborate?

From what I understand, the COM has a 3.2 GPA cut off. Does this mean it is pointless to apply to the COB without GPAs above 3.2 (i.e. inability to transition to the COM)?

For example, an applicant with a 3.0/3.0, s/c GPA and 4.0 in the program is out of luck? I was under the general understanding that if one is taken into an SMP (particularly at DO schools) a 4.0 (or near) should make up for other deficiencies, subsequently providing one with the ticket needed for admissions?

Last edited:
Current COB student and wouldn't mind answering a few questions. Undergrad stats aren't quite as important, told us day one they're looking at your GPA

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Current COB student and wouldn't mind answering a few questions. Undergrad stats aren't quite as important, told us day one they're looking at your GPA here but there have been some inconsistencies between what we hear from administration and what actually happens

Could someone who performed really well in this program get rejected to the COM (excluding legal troubles). Not referencing borderline candidates, rather students performing 3.8+ in the masters.
Also, do you know of any people getting accepted early summer after having spring grades post? Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Current COB student and wouldn't mind answering a few questions. Undergrad stats aren't quite as important, told us day one they're looking at your GPA here but there have been some inconsistencies between what we hear from administration and what actually happens

The acceptance email I received said this program prepares students for medical school, but also mentioned vet and dental school. What percentage of the class is pursuing something other than med school? Does anyone do this program just to have a masters (so they can work in a research lab or something)?

I'm not sure if I can speak for everyone but most of the people I talked to are medical. I know one person doing dentistry and one person who was pursuing a masters. I know some people got called of wait lists at other schools before the program started so there is that possibility!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've also been accepted to the one year program! I received my complete email on 1/11 and was sent my acceptance through email on 1/21. I called the school for a status update after a week (on 1/19) and was told it takes 2-3 weeks to review apps and to make a decision. I'm very excited but do have some questions as well before I make a final decision. As posted above, any numbers regarding applicants and matriculants from COB into COM are greatly appreciated! If nothing pops up within the next week or so, I will try to call the school to find out and report back.

Regarding the COB/COM "linkage", the class size keeps growing, and I know they've changed around requirements in the past few years. I spoke with admissions and was told this back in November: "For students in the program who do well (3.5 GPA+) and can bring up MCAT scores to at least 501 or closer to our average of about 507, you have a good opportunity to interview and get accepted. Unfortunately, the acceptance is not guaranteed. It is a decision that can hinge on a few things depending on the situation for each applicant."

I am willing to do whatever it takes to get into DO school (preferably KCU-COM), but it is definitely quite the financial commitment for something that is not set in stone! I just want to make sure it is the best choice and potential outcome for my situation. I'm a non-traditional student and was advised to look into this program in order to help prove to medical schools that I am able to handle a full-time, rigorous schedule. Anyone else care to share what led you to this program? Thanks for creating the group!

Regarding the COB/COM "linkage", the class size keeps growing, and I know they've changed around requirements in the past few years. I spoke with admissions and was told this back in November: "For students in the program who do well (3.5 GPA+) and can bring up MCAT scores to at least 501 or closer to our average of about 507, you have a good opportunity to interview and get accepted. Unfortunately, the acceptance is not guaranteed. It is a decision that can hinge on a few things depending on the situation for each applicant."

Any other DO post-bac/SMP would guarantee you a spot with those stats. I don't get what KCUMB-COB is smoking. You're putting out 25k+, stressing/spending 1 year to get these amazing stats surrounded by 100 other hungry pre-meds and the best they can say is "you have a good opportunity."

Any other DO post-bac/SMP would guarantee you a spot with those stats. I don't get what KCUMB-COB is smoking. You're putting out 25k+, stressing/spending 1 year to get these amazing stats surrounded by 100 other hungry pre-meds and the best they can say is "you have a good opportunity."
Yeah it kind of sucks that they don't offer more, but the class size has grown so much in the past few years. The program is relatively competitive with 1000+ applicants for 100-120 spots this year, but I don't know how that compares to other programs. It seems that very few have any direct linkage anymore. If there were some sort of guarantee, I wouldn't think twice about attending. Since it isn't set in stone though, it's hard for me to decide if financially it is the right choice to make. :shrug: I wish we could get some feedback from current students! I tried to join their Facebook group with no luck yet.

The office of admissions told me that the "priority consideration" requirement is 3.5 and a 505/506 MCAT. They didn't know exactly. Also she told me this information is disclosed during orientation in COB. I understand why they don't explicitly state information regarding cob to com matriculation but it would be nice. Anyone thinking about taking the MCAT again before doing the COB program?

PS it seems that most of the ppl that get "priority consideration" get admitted from talking to a few past students and that what the office said. I have a feeling with the increased class size, its not that less COB students get admitted, its less COB student that get priority consideration. I'll try to give as much information as I can to get.

I have a quick question regarding the masters program at KCU. If I applied to their COM already, can I submit those same letter of recommendations/can I use my medical school letters or do I have to ask my professors to write new ones for grad school specifically?

I have a quick question regarding the masters program at KCU. If I applied to their COM already, can I submit those same letter of recommendations/can I use my medical school letters or do I have to ask my professors to write new ones for grad school specifically?
You can reuse the same letters. Just let them know and they will grab it.

You can reuse the same letters. Just let them know and they will grab it.
YESSSSS. What do you mean let them know? Is there a space in the application for you to do that? (havent started the app yet)

YESSSSS. What do you mean let them know? Is there a space in the application for you to do that? (havent started the app yet)
I think they mean let them know youre applying to cob and would like to use the same lor.

Fyi im a com student but know a good amount about the cob so feel free to ask questions here or pm me! congrats and/or good luck to all!

I'm not sure if I can speak for everyone but most of the people I talked to are medical. I know one person doing dentistry and one person who was pursuing a masters. I know some people got called of wait lists at other schools before the program started so there is that possibility!

Thanks for your reply! Another question--what is grading like in the program? Curved? Do different professors use different grading methods? I'm wondering if it's going to be impossible for us to get above a 3.5 GPA.

Also, I'm borderline on the MCAT (28). Based on what I've seen for conversion charts, that puts me somewhere around 504-506 (I think..?) Would you recommend retaking? I'm going to call them about it soon because I'd rather take the MCAT this semester before the program starts, but the class average was 27.8 for the Class of 2019. I think I'm just in denial that I'm going to have to retake :(

Thanks for your reply! Another question--what is grading like in the program? Curved? Do different professors use different grading methods? I'm wondering if it's going to be impossible for us to get above a 3.5 GPA.

Also, I'm borderline on the MCAT (28). Based on what I've seen for conversion charts, that puts me somewhere around 504-506 (I think..?) Would you recommend retaking? I'm going to call them about it soon because I'd rather take the MCAT this semester before the program starts, but the class average was 27.8 for the Class of 2019. I think I'm just in denial that I'm going to have to retake :(

(OOS Current COB student here) If you can want to retake the MCAT, I'd recommend doing it before the program starts. It's pretty crazy trying to do well in the program and study for the MCAT. KCU pays for the in-person Kaplan course if you want it but it's pretty stressful taking the MCAT in January and then two weeks later have an exam week (in the middle of it now).

When did you get your 28 MCAT? If it's still within 3 years, it should still be okay and their cutoff for a guaranteed interview is 25/501 MCAT.

As for grading, some teachers curve their tests and others do not but try to add on some assignments to help you out. It is entirely possible to do well as in get 3.5+ GPA, especially since that is why you would do this program. Admissions does favor their own students and you get a legitimate course load that rivals med students. No matter what happens, I don't regret taking the time and money to do what's required to succeed in this program. The faculty is great and really cares about the students. Granted, the increased class size has shaken up the program but it still is a great gauge to see if you can handle the rigors of med school.

(OOS Current COB student here) If you can want to retake the MCAT, I'd recommend doing it before the program starts. It's pretty crazy trying to do well in the program and study for the MCAT. KCU pays for the in-person Kaplan course if you want it but it's pretty stressful taking the MCAT in January and then two weeks later have an exam week (in the middle of it now).

When did you get your 28 MCAT? If it's still within 3 years, it should still be okay and their cutoff for a guaranteed interview is 25/501 MCAT.

As for grading, some teachers curve their tests and others do not but try to add on some assignments to help you out. It is entirely possible to do well as in get 3.5+ GPA, especially since that is why you would do this program. Admissions does favor their own students and you get a legitimate course load that rivals med students. No matter what happens, I don't regret taking the time and money to do what's required to succeed in this program. The faculty is great and really cares about the students. Granted, the increased class size has shaken up the program but it still is a great gauge to see if you can handle the rigors of med school.

Thanks for your answer! I took the MCAT back in September 2014, so I think it will still be good. Have you heard if the 25/501 MCAT is going to remain the same for next year's class?

Have many of your classmates already interviewed for KCU and other schools? Are people getting accepted already? I'm curious if many people wait until after they finish the program to apply and have a gap year.

Thanks for your answer! I took the MCAT back in September 2014, so I think it will still be good. Have you heard if the 25/501 MCAT is going to remain the same for next year's class?

Have many of your classmates already interviewed for KCU and other schools? Are people getting accepted already? I'm curious if many people wait until after they finish the program to apply and have a gap year.

Haven't heard anything official but they are probably gonna change things up alittle but that's more with the GPA I think than for the MCAT.

Some students received conditional acceptance to KCU after the first semester (they may be changing this for the next COB class). Some students interview next week and the ones that needed the MCAT will interview in March. We've been told that they favor their own COB students. As for other schools, I know a handful of students that have interviewed at other med schools and been accepted.

After the first semester, some students chose to delay retaking their MCAT and will probably apply next cycle.

@musicmed Hey thank you for the help. Do the COB students take classes with the 1st year med students? What is the exam schedule like? For instance, do you have an exam every week or every other week? Or does it just depend on the class. I'm just trying to find our more on what our schedule will be like when starting in August.

COB students do not take classes with the COM students but we do share some of the same teachers. We have our classes in a different building than the COM.

Currently, exam week is the schedule. Every semester you have three exam weeks which most of your grade is based upon. 5 exams in 5 days but there's no class. It's basically a mental marathon. However, one class we have this semester does have one more test and has an interesting scale where each test is more worth more points and the final is worth half the grade.
Last year, the COB class petitioned to change the test schedule after their first semester, making it like having an exam every other week which many students didn't like.

As for class schedules, first semester most of your classes are in the morning and you have most afternoons to study. Second semester, there is an elective which can change the schedule a bit.

Ok great, thank you for the information!

So I am looking at the 2015-2016 handbook on the fall/spring schedule. On the Spring, what is "Comprehensive Exam #1" on June 9th? It says commencement is May 7th but are there more exams after commencement?

Since the M4's graduate in May, they like the COB students to graduate at the same time. We have finals before graduation day. You have one week off after graduation and then you have a couple weeks of lecture reviews. The comprehensive exam is part of requirements for receiving your master's degree. The comprehensive exam has one question for every lecture from the entire year. It's pass/fail and most people pass the first time. They offer a second exam in case you don't pass but according to the Dean, that's only happened a couple times.

Ohh ok. I gotcha. Thank you for that. With the class size getting bigger, how is the atmosphere/camaraderie with the cob students?

The only disadvantages to having a larger class mostly involve changes to the curriculum. There's no more anatomy lab. Certain side projects aren't done for classes since there's so many students.

I find the atmosphere fairly welcoming and supportive. Our class officers are really good at hearing our feedback and trying to implement changes. I've heard that last year's class was not as down-to-earth as our class is but that's not really something you can control. I don't know everyone in my class but I know quite a few. Living at CT (across from KCU) is convenient and most residents attend KCU.

We all want to continue on in our education and it's nice to find people in your class from all walks of life who are pursuing the same things that you are.

That is great to hear. Ok last question I promise lol. So how well do you think the KCU positions its cob students to do well? I mean, is earning a 3.5 pretty crazy or is it manageable? Obviously a person's study habits will play a major role in that, but for those that are focused, put in the time, and keep their nose to the grindstone how manageable is obtaining that gpa?

Personally, I didn't do as well in undergrad as I would have liked (3.4 cGPA/3.1 sGPA) which is why I needed to prove to myself and other schools that I have what it takes to succeed in med school. First semester, I worked super hard - studying as smart as I could and with a little luck and a lot of prayer, I got a 3.8 GPA as well as a conditional acceptance to KCU-COM. Now, I've been out of school for awhile (graduated in 2010) and did some research and overseas volunteer work, etc. so it's not just about your grades. They want to see who you are as a person and student and if you would make a good contribution to their school. They want to see that you don't give up and try your hardest to succeed. Also, I joined Osteopera, the school's music group, which I believe also helps show that I want to be here (obviously, I don't know if this was truly a factor but it doesn't hurt that I was involved in the school's organization; the president really enjoys our performances). I've been trying to apply to medical school for a LONG time and I've done my hardest to improve my application; this was my next step to improve my chances. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
Personally, I didn't do as well in undergrad as I would have liked (3.4 cGPA/3.1 sGPA) which is why I needed to prove to myself and other schools that I have what it takes to succeed in med school. First semester, I worked super hard - studying as smart as I could and with a little luck and a lot of prayer, I got a 3.8 GPA as well as a conditional acceptance to KCU-COM. Now, I've been out of school for awhile (graduated in 2010) and did some research and overseas volunteer work, etc. so it's not just about your grades. They want to see who you are as a person and student and if you would make a good contribution to their school. They want to see that you don't give up and try your hardest to succeed. Also, I joined Osteopera, the school's music group, which I believe also helps show that I want to be here (obviously, I don't know if this was truly a factor but it doesn't hurt that I was involved in the school's organization; the president really enjoys our performances). I've been trying to apply to medical school for a LONG time and I've done my hardest to improve my application; this was my next step to improve my chances. Hope this helps.

Congrats on the acceptance! And I'd also like to thank you again for all your help--you have convinced me that KCU is the place for me :)

How does the process work for giving out interviews to first semester COB students? Do they wait until after your first tests in each class to see how you're doing, then give them out to students doing well? (Assuming you've already met the MCAT requirement?) Or do they give out interviews before the first round of tests? Are all acceptances conditional until after the program is done?

Hey Musicmed, Do you mind sharing your MCAT score?

How does the process work for giving out interviews to first semester COB students? Do they wait until after your first tests in each class to see how you're doing, then give them out to students doing well? (Assuming you've already met the MCAT requirement?) Or do they give out interviews before the first round of tests? Are all acceptances conditional until after the program is done?

For those that already have the 25/501 MCAT and who had at least a 3.5 GPA after the first semester, they are interviewing this week. (I actually know one classmate who had a 24 MCAT who is interviewing this week so it's more than just grades and MCAT). For those that they are waiting for their January MCAT, the interview is in March (or so we've been told).

All acceptances are conditional upon maintaining a 3.5 GPA for the year and passing the research presentation and comprehensive exam + letter of rec from the Dean.

Hey Musicmed, Do you mind sharing your MCAT score?

I got a 27 in 2009 right before my senior year but then had some gap years doing research and volunteering overseas. I got waitlisted at another school before my MCAT score "expired". Unfortunately, my MCAT scores were horrible after I'd been out of school for so long (19 and 21) which is why I am in this program. I am currently waiting on my January MCAT scores (which I get next week) to see if I did enough to keep my conditional acceptance (one of the requirements was to get a 501 MCAT score). As nice as an early acceptance was, the added pressure of scoring a 501 on the MCAT was not quite ideal. Many of my classmates (especially the ones who got 4.0 GPA after the first semester) were hoping to bypass having to retake the MCAT but almost everyone who received the early acceptance already had at least a 25 MCAT. I can only assume that my past resume and work along with a 27 originally pushed them to give me an early acceptance but with the added MCAT score requirement. (sorry this is so long)

And THANKS for the congratulations.

Can anyone comment on whether this program offers an MCAT prep course? I saw it was mentioned above, but didn't find any information about this on the school program's website. Thanks!

Can anyone comment on whether this program offers an MCAT prep course? I saw it was mentioned above, but didn't find any information about this on the school program's website. Thanks!

They pay for the Kaplan In-person Course on Saturdays during the Fall semester (starting in Sept/Oct).

Hey guys,
Just heard back from the KCU-COB program today and was told that I was put on their waitlist. Any idea what the chances of getting off their wait list works and when they actually start picking students off the waitlist?

Stats were a 3.2 sGPA and 3.26 cGPA with a 494 MCAT. My volunteering and ECs are fairly good and my LORs were excellent.

Hoping to get off the wait list and join everyone in the upcoming class!

For those that already have the 25/501 MCAT and who had at least a 3.5 GPA after the first semester, they are interviewing this week. (I actually know one classmate who had a 24 MCAT who is interviewing this week so it's more than just grades and MCAT). For those that they are waiting for their January MCAT, the interview is in March (or so we've been told).

All acceptances are conditional upon maintaining a 3.5 GPA for the year and passing the research presentation and comprehensive exam + letter of rec from the Dean.

I got a 27 in 2009 right before my senior year but then had some gap years doing research and volunteering overseas. I got waitlisted at another school before my MCAT score "expired". Unfortunately, my MCAT scores were horrible after I'd been out of school for so long (19 and 21) which is why I am in this program. I am currently waiting on my January MCAT scores (which I get next week) to see if I did enough to keep my conditional acceptance (one of the requirements was to get a 501 MCAT score). As nice as an early acceptance was, the added pressure of scoring a 501 on the MCAT was not quite ideal. Many of my classmates (especially the ones who got 4.0 GPA after the first semester) were hoping to bypass having to retake the MCAT but almost everyone who received the early acceptance already had at least a 25 MCAT. I can only assume that my past resume and work along with a 27 originally pushed them to give me an early acceptance but with the added MCAT score requirement. (sorry this is so long)

And THANKS for the congratulations.

So I currently have a 503 MCAT. I'm concerned that KCUMB will increase the 501 MCAT requirement for the interview. Do you think they'll make it 504/505/506? If so I plan to retake the mcat before the 2016 fall COB semester starts, I've already started studying preemptively. Have you heard any rumors about this? Thanks for giving us info btw. I really appreciate it.

Hello everyone. I'm a first year COM student that was in COB last year. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hey Thank you for joining in!

How would you describe the cob atmosphere/group dynamic?
I thought it was good. I don't have much to compare it to, so I'm not sure what adjectives to use. A lot of people got into groups for studying. Or if someone wants to do their own thing, that's cool too.

Ok cool. So pretty supportive overall? I suppose though there will be a competitive spirit in some nature to achieve that 3.5...

How do you feel now that you are almost done with 1st year? Did the masters prepare you pretty well so 1st year feels more manageable?
I think the program really helped me. I had been out of school for a while. For me it really helped with anatomy, immunology, embryology, and molecular biology. It also helped me get used to competing. There are a lot of smart, competitive people here, so you'll need to work hard.

I think the program really helped me. I had been out of school for a while. For me it really helped with anatomy, immunology, embryology, and molecular biology. It also helped me get used to competing. There are a lot of smart, competitive people here, so you'll need to work hard.

What is a typical day for a COB student? Lectures start 8AM? End at 4PMish? Also any places to study on campus before 6am? Is there enough parking to accommodate com and cob students? Thanks

What is a typical day for a COB student? Lectures start 8AM? End at 4PMish? Also any places to study on campus before 6am? Is there enough parking to accommodate com and cob students? Thanks
I'm not sure how it will be next year, but last year we usually had class from around 8-12 with something in the afternoon once or twice a week. Now they do group anatomy presentations, so I'm not sure how those go.
There is a building here called Smith Hall that is almost all study rooms that is open 24/7.
There are two main parking lots. I think at some point they may be expanding the parking. There's one by the the SEP building where COB has its lectures, and one by the COM lecture building that's across from Independence Ave.

Hey guys,
Just heard back from the KCU-COB program today and was told that I was put on their waitlist. Any idea what the chances of getting off their wait list works and when they actually start picking students off the waitlist?

Stats were a 3.2 sGPA and 3.26 cGPA with a 494 MCAT. My volunteering and ECs are fairly good and my LORs were excellent.

Hoping to get off the wait list and join everyone in the upcoming class!

I know A LOT of people here who were on waitlist to get in and then got in over the summer. I would say chances are pretty good, because people hear back from Med school waitlists, and there's movement.

i know some questions have been answered, but I think it's important to note that there are a lot of things that will probably change between this year and next. I know there was some push to have exams be thurs friday then mon-wed (weekend in between) which they might do next year. Also, not sure what the Kaplan course will be since I think it was really stressful on students to have an additional required 3 hours of class + studying when already taking on a one year, fast track masters program

@MajorUnderDog I saw you had a 25 MCAT. That's what I had, and my advisor was impressed and told me to focus on my grades this semester. Haven't heard about interview from KCU but they are making the decision on March 1 for interviews.

Also, in terms of prep for med school, my roommate is an OMSI at KCU and said COB students are kicking everyone's butts this year because they're doing so well.

I know A LOT of people here who were on waitlist to get in and then got in over the summer. I would say chances are pretty good, because people hear back from Med school waitlists, and there's movement.

That's great to hear, I am still interested in this program. I do have a question regarding whether I should attend it if I do get off the waitlist!
Stats are: 3.2 sGPA, 3.3 cGPA (one more semester left in my undergrad - will definitely bump both GPAs up a bit) and a 494 MCAT (retaking July 8 with a new game plan to studying so hoping for a higher score). Keep in mind I am a CANADIAN citizen and student!
Should I take the COB offer if I am offered it or should I retake classes at my local university still?

That's great to hear, I am still interested in this program. I do have a question regarding whether I should attend it if I do get off the waitlist!
Stats are: 3.2 sGPA, 3.3 cGPA (one more semester left in my undergrad - will definitely bump both GPAs up a bit) and a 494 MCAT (retaking July 8 with a new game plan to studying so hoping for a higher score). Keep in mind I am a CANADIAN citizen and student!
Should I take the COB offer if I am offered it or should I retake classes at my local university still?
You are WL for this program? I didn't know they already started wait listing people! Anyone apply recently and heard back?

I think that COB is hard, but it is really true to what my roommate is experiencing in the COM in terms of course requirement (we are learning the same things and even have same powerpoint just at different times). Also, if you are taking about for going to KCU they said that your GPA from undergrad isn't weighted as highly as your COB GPA.

SO I am absolutely no expert, but I think that if you want to really bump your GPA up, and if you get a solid MCAT score, I don't know if COB is the best in that respect, just because it is tough and hard to juggle the 5 grad level courses v. retaking undergrads for grade replacement. However, if you are looking for a slight GPA bump but also bootcamp for MSI I would go to COB. I know that I have learned SO much about what I need to do to study properly for a test. (I hope that helps/answers question)

So I currently have a 503 MCAT. I'm concerned that KCUMB will increase the 501 MCAT requirement for the interview. Do you think they'll make it 504/505/506? If so I plan to retake the mcat before the 2016 fall COB semester starts, I've already started studying preemptively. Have you heard any rumors about this? Thanks for giving us info btw. I really appreciate it.

I believe @FutureDrSF already gave a good answer but if you wanna retake the MCAT to get a better score, I'm sure the school wouldn't mind. Changes happen all the time but the official score requirements will be given during orientation or the first week of class.

How's your GPA? I believe the program is best for those that need to bump their GPA and have been out of school for more than a couple years. I highly recommend completing the MCAT before you start classes so that way you can just focus on classes.

Very cool to hear!

Musicmed mentioned that the COB students before petitioned to have the exam schedules changed. Was that during your year in the cob? Can you describe what the change was and if things are for the better now in the cob?

The COB students wanted to change the exam schedule for the spring semester last year and I guess they ended up having one test a week (or so it seemed), which most students didn't care for.

This semester they were going to split the exams up like @FutureDrSF said but they realized with the scientific seminars going on throughout the week, that wouldn't work very well.

I'm not sure how it will be next year, but last year we usually had class from around 8-12 with something in the afternoon once or twice a week. Now they do group anatomy presentations, so I'm not sure how those go.
There is a building here called Smith Hall that is almost all study rooms that is open 24/7.
There are two main parking lots. I think at some point they may be expanding the parking. There's one by the the SEP building where COB has its lectures, and one by the COM lecture building that's across from Independence Ave.

The one thing I would add is that spring semester schedules have changed a lot from fall semester depending on what elective class you chose. Plus you still have anatomy presentations on Wednesday afternoons for a couple hours every other week AND scientific seminar for one day a week for a couple more hours.

I believe @FutureDrSF already gave a good answer but if you wanna retake the MCAT to get a better score, I'm sure the school wouldn't mind. Changes happen all the time but the official score requirements will be given during orientation or the first week of class.

How's your GPA? I believe the program is best for those that need to bump their GPA and have been out of school for more than a couple years. I highly recommend completing the MCAT before you start classes so that way you can just focus on classes.

The COB students wanted to change the exam schedule for the spring semester last year and I guess they ended up having one test a week (or so it seemed), which most students didn't care for.

This semester they were going to split the exams up like @FutureDrSF said but they realized with the scientific seminars going on throughout the week, that wouldn't work very well.
The test change thing was kind of weird. Some people didn't like having all the tests in one week, but we never voted on changing the schedule. I'm not really sure what happened, but the faculty worked hard to mix up the schedule so we had exams throughout the semester. But then we would have a test at, say, 10:30 am but a class at 8:30 right before it. People wouldn't go to the first class since we were studying for the test and it became a whole thing. Luckily the faculty worked hard again and reversed the test schedule about 1/3 of the way through and we went back to test weeks.

Wait listed. Anyone have any idea when adcom will contact the wait list? Or how the wait list works?